PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler 300M

RCSignals
08-31-2003, 11:37 PM
I saw a 2004 chrysler 300 M "special" today.

It is a nice car. I don't really like the "cab forward" of it, but that should be gone when they bring out the RWD cars.

In "concept" the 300M Special seems to be quite "Marauder"
Dark charcoal leather interior Black(metallic) paint, and three other colours. White faced guages. These have a retro style font and look to them. Nice but maybe out of place on such a "modern" car. Two large stainless rolled end exhaust tips. Special large wheels with performance tires. "Hotter" than normal engine and improved suspension.

I wonder how many they'll sell? I haven't really seen much advertising for this edition yet.

RF Overlord
09-01-2003, 08:06 AM
We actually looked (well, more like glanced) at the 300 before getting the Blackbird...I agree with RC that it could be DC's version of the MM...it's also a decent size, and not bad looking...if it wasn't for the puny V6 and wrong-wheel drive, we might have looked a lot closer...we drove a hired Stratus (2.4L) from Cape Cod to Albany and I remember thinking this car was not as crap as I a$$umed it would be...maybe the 300 isn't either...

jgc61sr2002
09-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by RCSignals
I saw a 2004 chrysler 300 M "special" today.

It is a nice car. I don't really like the "cab forward" of it, but that should be gone when they bring out the RWD cars.

In "concept" the 300M Special seems to be quite "Marauder"
Dark charcoal leather interior Black(metallic) paint, and three other colours. White faced guages. These have a retro style font and look to them. Nice but maybe out of place on such a "modern" car. Two large stainless rolled end exhaust tips. Special large wheels with performance tires. "Hotter" than normal engine and improved suspension.

I wonder how many they'll sell? I haven't really seen much advertising for this edition yet. The stainless exhaust tips seem to be copied from the MM as the eariler models had two pipes out the left side. IMHO. V6:down:

studio460
09-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Yup. I looked at the 300M too (but only for a moment!). Pretty body styling from the rear--grille work ugly as sin (IMO). And, as RF said, an under-powered V6 and the wrong wheels pushing, er, pulling the car . . .

I read at Automotive News at the time I was considering my Marauder purchase (March 2003) that Chrysler was thinking of redesigning the 300M (I forget what year they projected), and that there was a Chrysler rumor floating around that they were thinking of beefing up the engine and putting the drive wheels at the rear where they belong.

Now, Automotive News is charging for their archive articles, so I can't make this post anymore accurate than my failing memory . . .

duhtroll
09-01-2003, 09:32 AM
RF Overlord sez:

...we drove a hired Stratus (2.4L) from Cape Cod to Albany and I remember thinking this car was not as crap as I a$$umed it would be...maybe the 300 isn't either...

The V6 Stratus is even better. I was very happy with mine before the MM - the fact of which my wife kept reminding me all throughout the MM purchase process. The Stratus was the most reliable car I had ever owned and was not "unfast" by any means. They have good quality stuff over there at DC - it just ain't a comparison to the MM. I just went "oooh shiny!" and it was all over. :D

-A

MAD-3R
09-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Just keep an eye out for the Hemi 300C. V8, RWD, and 4 doors. Yeah baby.

Ross
09-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Yep, if Chrysler had offered a full sized, 4 door, RWD, V8, I probably wouldn't have my MM now. But then, all of you wouldn't have the pleasure of my company!

:lol:

RCSignals
09-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Well there you go Ross

I tend to think the Marauder is a better choice even if the 300C was V8 and RWD. ;)

RCSignals
09-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh, I forgot. Some of us complain about the "dot matrix" trim in the Marauder. The 300C Special has fake Painted on "trying to look like" carbon fibre trim. Makes the MM dot matrix trim look great, IMO.

Donny Carlson
09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
:down: feh!

I like the satellite radio, wish it were available factory with the
MM. But a V-6, and it still looks like a rent a car. Nah.

I spec'd one and it came out an rch under 35 K. Even with the
incentives, I'd rather have the Merc.

JGaignat
09-03-2003, 04:28 AM
My sister recently traded her 2001 300M off as she was starting to have transmission problems like she has had on her previous 5 Chryslers. Most of the people I know with Chrysler products have had some sort of transmission issues.
Her 300M was a nice looking and driving car, but it was no Marauder. It had get up and go.....but it seemed like it took everything it had. I feel the Marauder can get up and get after it with plenty of gas pedal to spare.
Sis also had to replace a front tire on the 300M to the tune of about $250 for 1 tire.