PDA

View Full Version : "CHEF" dead at 65

BAD MERC
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Singer, songwriter Isaac Hayes dies at age 65
Aug. 10, 2008, 3:18 PM EST

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Isaac Hayes (http://music.msn.com/music/artist/isaac-hayes/), the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at home. He was 65.
The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.
In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap. His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show "South Park (http://music.msn.com/tv/series/south-park/)."

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 02:43 PM
aww man the show will never be the same with out chef, thats too bad

Eric-Blk2004
08-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I cant believe this - first B Mac and now Hayes...

Who is next?! God tried to take Morgan F. from us too! Damn Ledger must be getting lonely up there

Blackened300a
08-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Celebrities die in threes, I think Paul Newman is next.

I cant believe Issac Hayes is dead. I thought he was going to be around a lot longer then 65.

whd507
08-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I grew up my younger years in Memphis on E. Parkway So., right across from Issac. my dad and he were going to co-produce a children's TV show, Issac's house or something like that. thats how we wound up in California where I lived until a few years ago.

I have a few scripts around here somewhere I found after my dad passed away.

all I remember as a little little kid is he scared me...

then later I bragged he was my former neighbor and my dad's friend.

yeah, they seem to go in threes, I wonder who's next?

Motorhead350
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Why can't some flavor of the week die?

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I grew up my younger years in Memphis on E. Parkway So., right across from Issac. my dad and he were going to co-produce a children's TV show, Issac's house or something like that. thats how we wound up in California where I lived until a few years ago.

I have a few scripts around here somewhere I found after my dad passed away.

all I remember as a little little kid is he scared me...

then later I bragged he was my former neighbor and my dad's friend.

yeah, they seem to go in threes, I wonder who's next?

haha thats pretty cool. you knew chef, not many can say that

Motorhead350
08-10-2008, 06:43 PM
My middle name is Isaac.... am I cool?

Guess not.

ImpalaSlayer
08-10-2008, 06:46 PM
My middle name is Isaac.... am I cool?

Guess not.

nah not really

:jk:

finster101
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
What will the children do with out Chef's "salty balls" ? :D

J D
08-10-2008, 08:26 PM
aww man, this is just too much! Maybe this is the end if we throw Carlin in the mix to make three. I just hope Morgan Freeman is not next on the chopping block. If there was any figure I could see playing god it was him!

Morgan Freeman = God

Charlton Heston = Moses

DOOM
08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
South park will never be the same :bigcry:

2ndMDRebel
08-11-2008, 05:37 AM
Uhhh I do believe "Chef" was killed off of the series a while ago... seems he never had an issue with cashing the checks on the episodes that poked fun at Baptists, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Mormons, etc but when the Scientology episode came out he up and quit. Good riddance... hope he paid enought money to his religion to get a window seat on the great spaceship!

larryo340
08-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Uhhh I do believe "Chef" was killed off of the series a while ago... seems he never had an issue with cashing the checks on the episodes that poked fun at Baptists, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Mormons, etc but when the Scientology episode came out he up and quit. Good riddance... hope he paid enought money to his religion to get a window seat on the great spaceship!

:agree: but his music was cool :cool:

O's Fan Rich
08-11-2008, 05:57 AM

Yep they sure did. Hammered him pretty good. No hope of a return after that.

I'd imagine that Scientology got a good hunk of his estate.

His music was interesting I never owned any of it but could sit and listen with great interest.

Eric91Z
08-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Don't we already have our three:

- Ledger
- Hayes
- Mac

That would make three. And if we are still waiting for one more to go with Hayes and Mac, then who were the other two that went with Ledger?

2ndMDRebel
08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
That sounded kind of calous, I meant good riddance to his spot on the series not to the man in general, his talent will be missed.

finster101
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Only if you consider Ledger's talent equal to the others. I don't.

Eric-Blk2004
08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Carlin Ledger Mac and Hayes is 4 in recent times. All 4 were great at what they did.

Ledger was a late bloomer and its safe to say if he didnt OD he would continue to grow into a solid actor. Granted he only had two acclaimed movies under his belt he does sort of suffer from the over rated dead young artist.

Brokeback and Dark knight...anyone know any other acclaimed film he was acting in?

10 things I hate about you?...

Eric91Z
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Carlin Ledger Mac and Hayes is 4 in recent times. All 4 were great at what they did.

Ledger was a late bloomer and its safe to say if he didnt OD he would continue to grow into a solid actor. Granted he only had two acclaimed movies under his belt he does sort of suffer from the over rated dead young artist.

Brokeback and Dark knight...anyone know any other acclaimed film he was acting in?

10 things I hate about you?...

A Knights Tale and The Patriot...

Eric-Blk2004
08-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Monsters Ball he offs himself in the chair and Bobby T just chucks the chair I think. And then he gives him the half hearted burial