PDA

View Full Version : No marauders is sight!!

JAYSILVER04
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I have just returned from a trip to Ohio, and never saw another Marauder! Over 1300 miles round trip, not a single one. I'm not surprised, just kinda disappointed.

Motorhead350
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
If anything I'd like it that way, shows how rare they are.

ImpalaSlayer
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Jay, i went to KS a few weeks ago and only saw 2

CROWNMARAUDER
08-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I took a road trip to arizona in may for vacation & also didn't see a marauder the whole trip. I agree that it just makes you appreciate how rare our cars are.

larryo340
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I've seen 3 different Marauders locally in 2 days within a 5 mile radius of me.

Spectragod
08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Mine was in the garage, that's why you missed it. As a sidenote, I was getting gas today, had a Saturn driver ask me if my car was a Lincoln?:confused: Of course, I don't expect a whole lot of intelligence from a Saturn owner.:flamer:

Windsor58
08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Mine was in the garage, that's why you missed it. As a sidenote, I was getting gas today, had a Saturn driver ask me if my car was a Lincoln?:confused: Of course, I don't expect a whole lot of intelligence from a Saturn owner.:flamer:

Funny, several weeks ago, a guy walking by mine as I was getting in asked if it was the new Lincoln!

Rare is good.

Blower whine does give some of it away sometimes, though...
:D

sd8683
08-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Come to Massachusetts they're everywhere, I see at least 3 a week, most of them aren't members either

Taemian
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Happens to me all the time. Went to Vancouver Island for the biggest car show they have, didn't see one MM.

Went to Oregon twice this year, only other MM I saw was at RC_Signals' place. I also went to a huge All Ford show in Bend, had everything....68-07 GT 500s, GT-40s, Shelbys galore...except no MMs. When I drove up to ask about the show, they made a spot for me, cleaned the car in their wash bay and gave me a trophy for longest distance travelled!

Our cars are almost stuff of legend in most parts these days.

JAYSILVER04
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm glad I didn't see any Marauders then! I feel like I'm special now!

J D
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Indeed, saw 2 on my trip to VA, one leaving, who I've seen before but only now meet on the road, is a member, and a ford mechanic.

And one coming back which was being driven by one maybe two women with the windows up and radio on and didn't notice my hails, though it was black a red pin stripe running down the length with jersey plates anyone know them?

Though oddly enough I've been seeing quite a couple around my home, though it might be due to my proximity to the industrial and salvage yards across the tracks . . .

All in all I like seeing some as its nice to see a couple other than my own but not to many as to unsettle their rarity

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Mine was in the garage, that's why you missed it. As a sidenote, I was getting gas today, had a Saturn driver ask me if my car was a Lincoln?:confused: Of course, I don't expect a whole lot of intelligence from a Saturn owner.

Hey I own a saturn! LOL not the average saturn owner though. I welded the new exhaust together and I did the timing set in the garage t'other night. Most saturn owners probably don't know where the dipstick is.

Spectragod
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Most saturn owners probably don't know where the dipstick is.

Most are dipsticks themselves

a_d_a_m
08-14-2008, 08:07 AM
i saw six marauders (4 black, 1DTR, 1DBP) on saturday...