PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Stopped While Raining

cstringe42
09-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Has anyone every experienced their windshield wipers stop working. It was raining yesterday and mine just stoped working. After I pulled over and shut the car off and restart a few times they started working again. Anyone ever have this problem. Any fixes

MAD-3R
09-02-2003, 11:54 AM
First I've heard of it. Warrenty work for the wiper motors.

mtnh
09-02-2003, 12:02 PM
My wiper arm linkage fell off the motor inside that plastic cover under the hood on the first use of the wipers aweek into ownership last august 2002, and it went on smoothly after opening the cover up. It has not jumped off again. I don't think that it would be able to re-attach itself in my case, so yours is probably electrical in nature.

Were the wipers in intermittent mode, by any chance, at the time of the work stoppage? My LS does that once in a while. They just stop doing intermittent sweeps, and moving the switch from intermittent to full on low speed does not actuate the wipers. Switching to off and then back on (the wipers, not the key) will re-activate them.

Mike

LincMercLover
09-02-2003, 12:13 PM
I think your problem there with the LS is the auto rain sensing feature of it's wipers. I know my sisters doesn't always do a good job with that in light mist type rain.

mtnh
09-02-2003, 12:26 PM
My LS has no rain-sensing wipers. I have a base model 2000 V6 Manual. Thanks anyway. Us LS owners like to think of minor data flow hickups as lending to the car's personality. For me, it happens around 1 time every 2-3 months. Rain sensing wipers would be the last thing I would want, since I use Rain-X religously on that car. It really works well with the product, too. Some cars just don't cut it WRT aero design and Rain-X, but the LS is perfect for it. Not to worry, rain sensing wipers are rumored to being "decontented" for 2004 on the LS.

cstringe42
09-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks all for the reply. I plan to run it by the dealer this week. Just wanted to see if this was a normal occurence. Initially thought the fuse may have blown, but they began working.

Shouldn't be driving it on rainy days anyway!!!!