PDA

View Full Version : I Spy....

ctrlraven
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Oil companies drooling over this picture. Panoramic shot

Gas guzzler tax FTL!

http://www.dodgechallenger.com/forums/upfiles/423/4A2118801B0B48BCB7C638B40A607E EC.jpg

Haggis
08-13-2008, 09:54 AM
WOW!!! I know Chrysler products are junk, but I never seen a junkyard with just Chrysler products in it.

Blackmobile
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
that must be the employee parking lot.

Pops
08-13-2008, 10:14 AM
WOW!!! I know Chrysler products are junk, but I never seen a junkyard with just Chrysler products in it.

Good one Gordon! :D

Egon Spengler
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Think of all those transmissions that will need to be replaced!!!!

Eric-Blk2004
08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I would still kill for one of those challengers.....

Almost forget its limited production!

Blackmobile
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
It's just strange why they have the black and orange ones together on one side. Maybe they are for a Halloween special.

Pops
08-13-2008, 11:32 AM
It's just strange why they have the black and orange ones together on one side. Maybe they are for a Halloween special.

Maybe they are going to send me one for my birthday which is Halloween!

SILVERSURFER03
08-13-2008, 11:34 AM

know thats funny good job gordon

DOOM
08-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Which landfill is that? :confused: :dunno:

offroadkarter
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, im savin that! Thats an awesome pic :D

magindat
08-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I would still kill for one of those challengers.....

Almost forget its limited production!

Whatever. Limited like Prowler? There were 2000 more of them than us. Limited my big ol' behind...

magindat
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
:puke:

Wow, im savin that! Thats an awesome pic :D

ImpalaSlayer
08-13-2008, 01:16 PM
thants badass. i love the new challenger

ctrlraven
08-13-2008, 01:33 PM
:puke:

As much as I am Pro Ford, Dodge did a hell of a job making the new Challenger look like the old one. Better than Ford with their "60's styling cues".

I grew up with a 72 Challenger being the first car I ever worked on and drove myself so it so there is a little soft spot just for the Challenger....nothing else that Dodge makes.

Shora
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Are ya'll serious?

I see 300Cs and Chargers (and Challengers). All these cars will KILL anything that is currently made by Ford.

What sedan does Ford currently make that will make "ANY" driving enthusiast want to even visit a show room?

I thought so.

Ok, how about this then. What sedan does Ford make that even remotely competes with the rear wheel drive 300cs, Chargers? I am not even speaking of one that can win a comparison test. Just name one that is even in the same league.

I thought so.

As per the quality, well the standard warranty on all these products (maybe minus the SRT line) puts to shame what is offered by Ford and again Ford doesn't have anything that can even attempt to run with the SRT line.

Maybe this is the reason Ford builds all these pu$$y cars now. You're all so loyal to them it's making you blind to reality. Even going so far as to insult what could be the only American car manufacturer to produce a number of bass a$$ cars (GM is atleast starting to catch up to them while Ford just runs away).

Nothing is more girly than the Ford offerings over the last few yrs. NOTHING!

What am I missing here?

Eric-Blk2004
08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree with Shora to a degree..

Dodge Chrysler is independent company backed by investors and not Auto Execs. This allows them to totally say screw the old school way of thought - slow changes, rediculous testing, and pump out cars the SELL. Sadly the economy and gas prices are not reflecting it. Plus Chrysler is like mercury a dead horse!

Plus they have tons of funding from Benz and other international companies. Ford has...banks for cashflow.

On a side note GM lost 18.7 billion this semi! 6 months and they LOST 18.7 Billion!! Insane!

I still can not believe GM turned down a partnership with Nisan Renault. The American car companies are a dying breed.

Ford is trading at 4.92 a share and GM is in the teens? Sweet! For Ford to survive they need investors from an international source, and to do that they need to clean house of the old wigs at Ford that think they know how to make cars. Same goes for GM. All these Car companies, especially GM give jobs for life! I want that.

Eric-Blk2004
08-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Also what is hurting Chrysler is their relationship with the UAW.

I could be wrong but I think Chrysler is an independent firm like BMW. And Dodge is with Mercedes Benz. Anyone know for sure?

Or do we all still believe Detriot builds these cars? :)

Leadfoot281
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Are ya'll serious?

I see 300Cs and Chargers (and Challengers). All these cars will KILL anything that is currently made by Ford.

What sedan does Ford currently make that will make "ANY" driving enthusiast want to even visit a show room?

I thought so.

Ok, how about this then. What sedan does Ford make that even remotely competes with the rear wheel drive 300cs, Chargers? I am not even speaking of one that can win a comparison test. Just name one that is even in the same league.

I thought so.

As per the quality, well the standard warranty on all these products (maybe minus the SRT line) puts to shame what is offered by Ford and again Ford doesn't have anything that can even attempt to run with the SRT line.

Maybe this is the reason Ford builds all these pu$$y cars now. You're all so loyal to them it's making you blind to reality. Even going so far as to insult what could be the only American car manufacturer to produce a number of bass a$$ cars (GM is atleast starting to catch up to them while Ford just runs away).

Nothing is more girly than the Ford offerings over the last few yrs. NOTHING!

What am I missing here?

C.H.R.Y.S.L.E.R

Corporate Headquarters Recommends You Start Learning Engine Repair.

Go find a Mopar forum.

Shora
08-13-2008, 11:03 PM
C.H.R.Y.S.L.E.R

Go find a Mopar forum.

F.O.R.D

Fixed or Repaired Daily

At least I will be able to find one (should I choose to) not being blinded by my "loyalty" to Ford.

Do tell me, even with your childish insults, I don't care, what sedan does Ford currently produce that can even hold a candle to the Charger, 300C, or even the G8 from GM. Both other American Companies produce bada$$ and FUN TO DRIVE American muscle sedans (big V8 power and rear wheel drive) while Ford builds the Taurus???

I can picture you in a Taurus trying to look cool in a traffic stop light really believing you will be able to hang with the CURRENT offerings from Chrysler/ GM (or even that you have a better car).

Like I said before, I thought so.

New Screen Name for you...Leadfoot doesn't seem as correct as maybe Glasseyes?

Bluerauder
08-14-2008, 03:53 AM
I like the Challenger in orange ... maybe silver too. I've seen a black one; but I like the "colors" better. Don't know how they are demanding an $8-10K mark-up with so many sitting there in that lot. Controlling the flow of supply ... maybe?

rayjay
08-14-2008, 04:38 AM
I like the Challenger in orange ... maybe silver too. I've seen a black one; but I like the "colors" better. Don't know how they are demanding an $8-10K mark-up with so many sitting there in that lot. Controlling the flow of supply ... maybe?

My new jack at work is a Mopar guy. Told me last night that Chrysler told their stealerships that they don't want the Challenger sold for more than $20k over sticker. Are they knuts :shake: He actually thought that was very magnanimus of them :lol:

larryo340
08-14-2008, 05:48 AM
F.O.R.D
Do tell me, even with your childish insults, I don't care, what sedan does Ford currently produce that can even hold a candle to the Charger, 300C, or even the G8 from GM. Both other American Companies produce bada$$ and FUN TO DRIVE American muscle sedans (big V8 power and rear wheel drive) while Ford builds the Taurus???

I can picture you in a Taurus trying to look cool in a traffic stop light really believing you will be able to hang with the CURRENT offerings from Chrysler/ GM (or even that you have a better car).

If the below would come true then a Taurus would be pretty cool with a 4.6L

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by FordRules http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.fomoconews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788#post788)
FordRules 2008 Ford Taurus Line-up
www.fomoconews.com (http://www.fomoconews.com/)
Sunday, March 11, 2007
It drives me NUTS on how ford set up the new 2008 Taurus Lineup. So Im creating my Own consisting of 5 Models.

Availible Powertrains:
1. Duratec 30- 3.0L V6- 225 HP, 5-Spd Manual/6-Spd Auto
2. Duratec 35- 3.5L V6- 265 HP, 5-Spd Manual/6-Spd Auto
3. Duratec 30H- 3.0L V6- 200 HP with 60HP Hybrid Motor, Ford CVT
4. Duratorq 25- 2.5L Diesel I5- 185 HP/350 lbs/ft TQ, 5-Spd Manual/6-Spd Auto
5. Triton 4.6L- 4.6L V8- 325 HP, 6-Spd Auto
6. TwinForce- 4.0L V6 Twin Turbo, 415 HP, 6-Spd Manual, DSG with Paddle shifters

1. 2008 Ford Taurus SEL
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5.../TaurusSEL.jpg (http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/FRDesign/2008%20Taurus%20Lineup/TaurusSEL.jpg)
The standard model of the Taurus lineup. Featuring a 3.0L Duratec 30 V6 from the Ford Fusion with 225 HP, with the optional Duratec 35.
Standard with a 5 Spd Manual with an Optional 6-Spd Auto. The Duratorq TDCI is also availible.

2. 2008 Taurus SVT
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/FRDesign/2008%20Taurus%20Lineup/TaurusSVT.jpg
The Sport Model of the Taurus lineup. Featuring the TwinForce V6 with 415 HP and Standard AWD. 20" Rims are standard, along with many sport features such as Carbon fibre and brushed aluminium interior trim. Recaro racing seats are standard. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, and a Top speed of 180 MPH. Choose from a DSG or a 6-Spd Manual.

3. Ford Taurus VIP
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/FRDesign/2008%20Taurus%20Lineup/TaurusVIP.jpg
The Luxury Model of the Taurus. AWD, A Big 4.6L V8, and added Chrome and Bling distinguish this Taurus from the rest of the lineup. Dark tint windows, a black interior with dark rosewood and chrome and 325 HP are features of the VIP.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

knine
08-14-2008, 05:51 AM
C.H.R.Y.S.L.E.R

Go find a Mopar forum.
:lol: :lol:

Leadfoot281
08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
F.O.R.D

Fixed or Repaired Daily

At least I will be able to find one (should I choose to) not being blinded by my "loyalty" to Ford.

Like I said before, I thought so.

New Screen Name for you...Leadfoot doesn't seem as correct as maybe Glasseyes?

Oh, OK, you win. Ford isn't cool any more. All the popping fresh young hipsters are driving Mopars this week.

Oh snap! I've been BOTH schooled and pownd!!!!

I just don't like being on the cutting edge of the latest trends. Normally I let Paris Hilton dictate what I wear, listen to, and drive but you've convinced me to change.

I'll just stop drinking regular store bought coffee and switch to that designer stuff. I'll throw away my Rolling Stones albums and start listening to Amy Winehouse too.(she is still cool right? I just don't know these things 'cause I drive an old Mercury).

Heck, my car still has a frame underneath it. Wow, I'm really behind the times! It even has the waaay un-popular rear wheel drive.

I need to rush to the nearest Mopar dealer and update my image immediately! Buying a car that is styled after a model built in 1970 should do that.

Retro is Da bomb!!! Hemi's are Da bomb!!

Shora
08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh, OK, you win. Ford isn't cool any more. All the popping fresh young hipsters are driving Mopars this week.

Oh snap! I've been BOTH schooled and pownd!!!!

I just don't like being on the cutting edge of the latest trends. Normally I let Paris Hilton dictate what I wear, listen to, and drive but you've convinced me to change.

I'll just stop drinking regular store bought coffee and switch to that designer stuff. I'll throw away my Rolling Stones albums and start listening to Amy Winehouse too.(she is still cool right? I just don't know these things 'cause I drive an old Mercury).

Heck, my car still has a frame underneath it. Wow, I'm really behind the times! It even has the waaay un-popular rear wheel drive.

I need to rush to the nearest Mopar dealer and update my image immediately! Buying a car that is styled after a model built in 1970 should do that.

Retro is Da bomb!!! Hemi's are Da bomb!!

I think I FINALLY understand you. I do believe that you are indeed a smart and reasonable man. I KNOW that I don't agree with your "politics" at all but that doesn't take away from your IQ or reasoning abilities.

What I finally understand about you is that you usually make sound arguments (even if I don't agree) but when you know that you are wrong you just act childish and try to be funny in hopes of getting away from addressing the question/ comment(s).

Hey, I drive a Marauder too and there are NINE (9) Fords in my family as I type this. Hell, even when my brother's Marauder burned down and was totaled he replaced it with guess what???? A MERCURY!!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39161

So please, save the Hilton wise cracks for your farm animals. Do not preach to me about "buying what's popular this week."

Face the facts. Ford builds NOTHING that can touch or even run with the CTS, G8, 300C or Charger. These are all cars that have all the qualities that we love about the Marauder and then some.

If you want style (manly I hope), power, room, and rear wheel drive you will have nothing to see at a Ford showroom. FACT!!!

Now, go clean some animal poop and tell your animals what a jerk I am.

Leadfoot281
08-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I think I FINALLY understand you. I do believe that you are indeed a smart and reasonable man. I KNOW that I don't agree with your "politics" at all but that doesn't take away from your IQ or reasoning abilities.

Thanks. Unfortunately you are wrong again. The only reason I occasionally appear to be smart is because I spend hours typing/re-typing a single post.

What I finally understand about you is that you usually make sound arguments (even if I don't agree) but when you know that you are wrong you just act childish and try to be funny in hopes of getting away from addressing the question/ comment(s).

People like humor. People don't like anti-Ford rants by a Ford owner on a Mercury website. It confuses them.

Hey, I drive a Marauder too and there are NINE (9) Fords in my family as I type this. Hell, even when my brother's Marauder burned down and was totaled he replaced it with guess what???? A MERCURY!!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39161

So please, save the Hilton wise cracks for your farm animals. Do not preach to me about "buying what's popular this week."

My point (which I didn't make clear) was that there aren't that many folks running to their Chrysler dealer to snap up a limited edition 450hp car. I certainly don't have any reason to.

Face the facts. Ford builds NOTHING that can touch or even run with the CTS, G8, 300C or Charger. These are all cars that have all the qualities that we love about the Marauder and then some.

Arguing that these off-brands have anything in common with the Marauder is akin to saying Scarlett Johanson and Fugly McGee are both hot 'cause they are both women. This months four years of Marauder ownership for me. Total repairs? $175 for a coil pack. I'm happy

If you want style (manly I hope), power, room, and rear wheel drive you will have nothing to see at a Ford showroom. FACT!!!

Apparently Manly is in the eye of the beholder. My last girlfriend thought the Marauder wasn't very manly. ("not like a truck is" she said). Oh well. I can make pushing a shopping cart look manly. Even so, I hope for your sake there aren't any Shelby owners reading this.

Now, go clean some animal poop and tell your animals what a jerk I am.

I'd never call you a jerk....'til that last sentence. Until now you been just plain confusing. Who else but you would be shocked to hear mixed reviews of a Chrysler product on a Mercury board?

BTW, enjoy your next steak. (funny how anti E-85 folks don't have any issues with eatting red meat.) Irony is funny. Thanks for the laughs!

Aren Jay
08-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Chrysler Dodge no longer have any affiliation with Mercedes, they are privately owned by a group of investors.

Haggis
08-15-2008, 05:11 AM

Style from Chrysler, this should be in the Joke Thread.

Oh by the way do you have any 'Grey Poupon'?

Mike Poore
08-15-2008, 05:28 AM
that must be the employee parking lot.

You mean the one at Ford's Rouge River Plant? :rofl:

Mike Poore
08-15-2008, 05:35 AM

Um, they DID build the Ford GT, and now, the Shelby GT 500 & GT 500KR, any of these three will lay waste to your claim. If you're talking about cars we can actually buy, then I hold up the Mustang GT to dispute your claim.

So far as your comments to Leadfoot, they are very close to crossing the line, so far as personal attacks are concerned. Think what you like, but please keep them to yourself. ;)

Haggis
08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
So far as your comments to Leadfoot, they are very close to crossing the line, so far as personal attacks are concerned. Think what you like, but please keep them to yourself. ;)

Yea, you better be careful Mike has a crush on Leadfoot.

rayjay
08-15-2008, 08:19 AM
:popcorn::stooges::popcorn:

Mike Poore
08-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Yea, you better be careful Mike has a crush on Leadfoot.

I'm sure the comments and barbs are in good fun and tongue in cheek; but occasionally intent gets misinterpreted, and I'm just asking our friends to be careful, that's all.

Surely, 'ol farmer John has had enough shots sent his way over the years, and has ample experience at knowing when to duck, therefore, needing no defenders.

My point was general in direction, and simply a reminder to keep it friendly and civil. :)

Eric-Blk2004
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Personal flames aside.

I believe what is being stated - and what we can all agree on is: Ford CURRENTLY as of 8/15/2008 has nothing to offer its loyal fan base. Whats their fan base? Gear heads, people who appericate the time and effort of engines and the power they produce.

Everyone here is here blogging because of a car - the car is something we all bought and collectively buy into for different reasons. Some buy it for power, looks, ride comfort, features, rarity, etc.

Currently Ford is trying to compete with Toyota - the Edge, fusion, focus are aimed at Honda and Toyota. Chrysler, Dodge, Pontiac, GM are aimed at BMW and each other.

300C - is a strike toward BMW's 5 series and large body Caddies.
Challenger is a strike at the Mustang and the Camaro
G8 - is a strike at the 300C

Each car company is going in different directions that is all! Ford is leaving behind the V8 and the RWD platform and they are pursuing V6 FWD with turbo options.

It is not rocket science!

Now what it comes down to is what are you after? V8 and RWD? Or a Camry.

Motorhead350
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I like those cars and can't wait to get one, but I will wait for the manual.

John, don't worry about Shora. You're alright in my book!

Mike Poore
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
In many ways you're observation seems to be hitting the mark Eric.

Apparently the Mustang has become something of an embarrassing bastard child they don't know what to do with.

Do you think they're gonna kill it off, or turn it into a FWD obscenity? :eek:

Motorhead350
08-15-2008, 09:11 AM
In many ways you're observation seems to be hitting the mark Eric.

Apparently the Mustang has become something of an embarrassing bastard child they don't know what to do with.

Do you think they're gonna kill it off, or turn it into a FWD obscenity? :eek:

Mike hope not, but look what Chevy did to the Nova in the early 80s. :eek:

Mike Poore
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Mike hope not, but look what Chevy did to the Nova in the early 80s. :eek:

Not to mention the Camaro and Firebird. While at it, let's not forget the Mustang II.:rolleyes:

Eric-Blk2004
08-15-2008, 11:19 AM
The Mustang is slated for a V6 Ecoboost Turbo motor in 2010 or 2012.

If that is what you consider a stang to be...

I for one believe in V8 and RWD. Thats a sports car in my mind, I will go where the sport cars are.

1 Bad Merc
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
I looked at a new Mustang GT convertible this past weekend and it was a nice two-seater car! My 8 year old son could not fit in the back seat because it was so tight! This eliminates me as a buyer as I have to have some room for the kids. Guess I am going to have to buy a new Challenger.....even I fit in the backseat :)

I was very disappointed in the Mustang. They should just make it a two seater and get rid of the backseat instead of the joke they have their now.

Just my .02.

88LTDCV351
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm one of those rare breed that would have bought the 20XX Ford Interceptor. Especially if they made a more normal interior with a more retro front. I like roomy sedans with some muscle. Wonder what the monthly payments would be.

Although, my other favorites are the recent Charger RT/SRT. The prices on the Challenger at the Stealerships seem unreasonable but I love the car. OR maybe go with the beloved old school http://www.fastlanecars.com/Public/Vehicle_Detail.aspx or http://www.fastlanecars.com/Public/Vehicle_Detail.aspx I can only dream.

The Marauder and the Ford Interceptor are the only things I've seen from Ford that I've been interested in for quite awhile. I know gas is expensive, so that is why I walk, bus, carpool, and take the train when possible. But the days I drive, its like a living room on wheels - classic american luxury.

My girlfriend though wants one of the new Camaros as her dream car. I didn't like the rear of the Camaro but to each their own.

Shora
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM

I'd never call you a jerk....'til that last sentence. Until now you been just plain confusing. Who else but you would be shocked to hear mixed reviews of a Chrysler product on a Mercury board?

I am shocked because this site is full of adults. Not kids. We should be able see the truth for what it is no matter what web site or board we are visiting.

I have been a LOYAL FoMoCo customer for years. They changed directions and I am disappointed. I will let them know with my pocket book when it comes time to buy a new car for me or my family.

BTW, enjoy your next steak. (funny how anti E-85 folks don't have any issues with eatting red meat.) Irony is funny. Thanks for the laughs!

True, I am anti- E-85. It's been proven to be a joke if not a scam. However, the comment about steak went over my head. The price of my lovely steaks did increase as a result of the BS E-85 program but I feel that is not what you mean.:confused:

I am not afraid of Shelby owners because I believe that they can, at the very least, read. Did you not see where I described "room" as one of the qualifications? Like most, or many, Marauder owners, we want ROOM with our power. Hence, powerful sedans. Chrysler has them, GM has them, many Euro companies have them but Ford hasn't for years and I don't hear plans of one either.

Um, they DID build the Ford GT, and now, the Shelby GT 500 & GT 500KR, any of these three will lay waste to your claim. If you're talking about cars we can actually buy, then I hold up the Mustang GT to dispute your claim.

Actually, they don't lay waste to my claim because my posts were clearly referring to powerful and fun to drive sedans that average Americans can actually buy and enjoy. I know that I mentioned the words sedan and room throughout my posts.

My wrong. I meant to get him to sit upright in his chair but by no means get so close to the edge. My apologies to Leadfoot and this board.:beer:

Say what you want about my examples guys but I am sure that many on this board's next (new) car will not be a FoMoCo product.

Marawder
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Jeez, listening to (reading) the bantering going on back-and-forth here reminds me of why I don't log on to SVTOA much anymore, even though I'm a Chapter Director. All I heard about was we were robbing people because of markups on the GT500. Funny how nobody every complains when we have to bow to a customer who threatens to go down the street for an measley $50, or won't pay a dime over invoice 'because I shouldn't have to'. But if a dealer marks up, it's robbery. Hey, we're just making up for what we lost on that $10,000 'discount' on a Navigator. Whatever. This is not about mark-ups anyway, so I don't want to hear about it. Retail/supply vs demand/ it all works out in the wash - wait for a trade-in or something (I did on my Marauder and saved a ton on a virtually new car!)

My main point, actually, here is that this is a forum for people to be able to express opinions. Whether one finds a particular car attractive, or a complete dog, is just that - their OPINION. My manager and I constantly disagree on Shelby colours, but we both love the cars. It's our OPINION as to what is a nice colour on one.

To start insulting one another because of our OPINION is just plain WRONG. What right do you have to do that? As for the 'What does Ford have to compete against ChryCo? Well, what does ChryCo have to compete against Ford?

Focus = Caliber (Neon)
Fusion = Sebring
Taurus = Charger SXT V6 or 300 Touring
CrownVic/Grand Marquis = 300 (non-Hemi)
Mustang = Challenger (now we're talking a comparison)
Escape = Patriot
Explorer = Grand Cherokee
Edge = hhmmmm, anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
F-Series = no contest
SuperDuty = Not even in the game
Lincoln = byby Daimler - out of the game

Plus a whole lot more, I'm sure (TaurusX, Flex, Ranger, SportTrac)

So, Chrysler has a powerful, rear-drive platform for the SRT line-up, but in a head-to-head matchup, I'd pit Ford over Chrysler ANY DAY. Hey, anyone checked out J.D. Power for Quality Rankings lately? Mercury #2 behind Lexus by a few points, Ford above industry average. Chrysler? Helloooo down there! Need help climbing the ladder? Sorry, you have to get to it first in order to climb up! Stand up on a couple of trashed transmissions and maybe you can reach the bottom rung. And the beauty of all this? It's my OPINION. MINE. Not yours. MINE. And no one can take that away from me.

Now, get back out to the playground and make nice.:burnout:

Leadfoot281
08-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Aw heck, I got no beefs with anyone on this board. There's no need for anyone to appologize to me.

Actually I think this thread has actually been quite funny. It's like a lighthearted debate over which is hotter, Mary Ann or Ginger.

Only this time it got serious. :lol:

Call me crazy (or "glass eyes") but I'm just a fool for redheads. So, for me, it's Ginger all the way.

Post all the facts you want about Mary Ann. It ain't gonna change my opinion one bit.

While it's true the only thing Ginger has going for her over Mary Ann is her redhair, that's the sole deciding factor in my case.

Ditto for Ford vs Mopar.

The Blue oval is all I need to see. End of story. I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Mopar. (even though It'd be much more likely that I had to push a Mopar before I had to push a Ford :D).

Bluerauder
08-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Post all the facts you want about Mary Ann. It ain't gonna change my opinion one bit.

While it's true the only thing Ginger has going for her over Mary Ann is her redhair, that's the sole deciding factor in my case.
You may have missed a couple "points" in Ginger's favor. ;)

And why did you exclude Mrs. Howe? :P

Marawder
08-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Now that this has turned into something interesting, one of the local radio station morning shows (Q107 Toronto), does a bit called 'Would ya rather...' (or something like that anyway)

so, to start off:

Mrs. Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver) or Mrs Brady (Brady Bunch)

Those of the female gender are more than welcome to post their counterparts as well. This should be humourous. (and, yes, that's how we spell humourous in Canada, so don't try to correct the spelling to 'humorous', just to try to humour us all!:P

Blackmobile
08-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Why is everyone overlooking the good ones like Mrs. Peel? :D

Mike Poore
08-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Why is everyone overlooking the good ones like Mrs. Peel? :D

OH! Dianna Riggs..be still my heart..:lovies:

But, the other question; would I rather? Barbara Eden (I Love Genie) or that luscious cupcake in The Munsters (forgot her name)

Marawder
08-16-2008, 10:51 AM
OH! Dianna Riggs..be still my heart..:lovies:

But, the other question; would I rather? Barbara Eden (I Love Genie) or that luscious cupcake in The Munsters (forgot her name)

Vicki DeCarlo as Mrs Munster

RF Overlord
08-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Vicki DeCarlo as Mrs MunsterHer name was Yvonne DeCarlo.

Shora
08-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Jeez, listening to (reading) the bantering going on back-and-forth here reminds me of why I don't log on to SVTOA much anymore, even though I'm a Chapter Director. All I heard about was we were robbing people because of markups on the GT500. Funny how nobody every complains when we have to bow to a customer who threatens to go down the street for an measley $50, or won't pay a dime over invoice 'because I shouldn't have to'. But if a dealer marks up, it's robbery. Hey, we're just making up for what we lost on that $10,000 'discount' on a Navigator. Whatever. This is not about mark-ups anyway, so I don't want to hear about it. Retail/supply vs demand/ it all works out in the wash - wait for a trade-in or something (I did on my Marauder and saved a ton on a virtually new car!)

My main point, actually, here is that this is a forum for people to be able to express opinions. Whether one finds a particular car attractive, or a complete dog, is just that - their OPINION. My manager and I constantly disagree on Shelby colours, but we both love the cars. It's our OPINION as to what is a nice colour on one.

To start insulting one another because of our OPINION is just plain WRONG. What right do you have to do that? As for the 'What does Ford have to compete against ChryCo? Well, what does ChryCo have to compete against Ford?

Focus = Caliber (Neon)
Fusion = Sebring
Taurus = Charger SXT V6 or 300 Touring
CrownVic/Grand Marquis = 300 (non-Hemi)
Mustang = Challenger (now we're talking a comparison)
Escape = Patriot
Explorer = Grand Cherokee
Edge = hhmmmm, anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
F-Series = no contest
SuperDuty = Not even in the game
Lincoln = byby Daimler - out of the game

Plus a whole lot more, I'm sure (TaurusX, Flex, Ranger, SportTrac)

So, Chrysler has a powerful, rear-drive platform for the SRT line-up, but in a head-to-head matchup, I'd pit Ford over Chrysler ANY DAY. Hey, anyone checked out J.D. Power for Quality Rankings lately? Mercury #2 behind Lexus by a few points, Ford above industry average. Chrysler? Helloooo down there! Need help climbing the ladder? Sorry, you have to get to it first in order to climb up! Stand up on a couple of trashed transmissions and maybe you can reach the bottom rung. And the beauty of all this? It's my OPINION. MINE. Not yours. MINE. And no one can take that away from me.

Now, get back out to the playground and make nice.:burnout:

Honestly, I agree with a lot of what you said. However, only cars dealers can look someone in the eye and speak so positively about a company whose stock trades at $4.00.

Marawder
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Hardly. I've been a Ford guy since I was 6, when I went for a ride in my aunt's 65 Mustang Coupe - the very first car I remember riding in. We had a Falcon wagon in the family growing up. I got my license in a 74 Bobcat. My brother-in-law took me to see 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry' in his 71 Mustang Coupe (351, 4-spd) and we did burnouts in the parking lot like everyone else did after it was over. My uncle had a 68 Cougar XR7 390 and used to take me to hockey practice if my dad was away. I've owned 5 Mustangs (all before I started working at the dealership in 2000) of my own and drove GM's as winter beaters cause I didn't care if they rusted out (which they did). My sisters drive Ford's, my dad, bless his soul, had a 500 as his last car, after a Buick and 2 Cadillac Catera's (which he loved, by the way, as they were like the German Opel he drove whenever he went to Germany). My wife drives an Escape (her 3rd Ford) and she picks what she wants to drive, not me.

My viewpoint has NOTHING to do with working for a Ford Dealer. I work there because I have a passion for Ford products and I believe in them. Check the latest papers and see how much Toyota lost in the last month (a 26% drop if I remember correctly). Who was the most recalled manufacturer in 2006? Toyota, with the highest number of units in HISTORY.

I could look anyone in the eye BEFORE I started working at the dealer and say Ford had great products. Just remember that the models you talked about (Hemi-engined all, SRT-badged in all likelihood) are niche products anyway and only account for a percentage of total sales. And at the rate gas prices are going, don't expect them to be around much longer.

Frankly, I'm sure I can speak for most of the people here, that we're getting a little tired of being beaten down in the press, as it is a perpetuated myth that Ford's products are 2nd rate. The imports, meanwhile, get back page news in teeny-tiny print, if at all. Why is that?The latest introductions are proof that just the opposite is true. Fusion/MKZ - not a single recall. Edge/MKX - nada. Escape since 2005 redesign - nicht. Flex - need I say more? MKS - I doubt we'll hear anything there. F150 this fall? Ford can't afford to have that be a problem, so you can bet it'll be perfect.

I'm proud to work at a FORD dealership, and proud of the products I have to show people. Hey, I've been badgering management for the last 7 years (and I've only been there 8) that we should get the Australian Falcon here. It would be perfect as a replacement for a growing Mustang owner/family, or a Marauder owner looking for another V8 sedan. I hope Ford is watching with major interest what GM is doing with the Holden/Pontiac G8.

Now, if I sound upset, it's not about anyones' opinion. I respect people for that. I'm upset because of perpetuated myths. I work my ass off to show people just how good our products are. And when I get an import owner in, I actually get more surprises out of them than domestic drivers. Why? Because everyone they know told them to stay away from Ford - lousy products, tire blowouts (Firestone or Ford made the tires? go figure that one), rust - you name it. But once they got behind the wheel, and drove it and felt the way it handled and the way the controls felt in their hands, they said "I never knew a Ford could be this good". That, folks, is the BEST compliment you can get.

Anyway, I've ranted here and it's late and my son has a soccer tournament tomorrow - end of season stuff. So, my bottom line? Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. No, I'm not saying the things I do because I WORK for Ford (it's because I BELIEVE in Ford and have had them as part of my life for the last 40-odd years). Yes, I can get long-winded (my part of the wedding speeches was twice as long as my wifes - and the last time I got to say more than she did:D). No, I don't expect everyone to believe a word I said. That, my friends, is something you will have to find out and experience for yourselves. It's the great thing about the countries we live in (Canada and the U.S.). Choice is there for us to make on our own. You just have to decide if you want to put in a little effort to find the right answer, or go copy what everyone else thinks is the right one.

By the way - Original Charlies Angels or new Charlies Angels? YOU decide.

larryo340
08-17-2008, 04:09 AM

Original with Jacklyn Smith my all time favorite. Bonus is that she is aging well.

Eric-Blk2004
08-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Comment on the the Ford dealer. Ford is only producing quality products because for the better half of their existence they produce the Pinto, and several broken cars.

Ford is on its last leg - Toyota may have lost 26% but Ford lost 18.7 billion in 6 months - 10 Billion last year alone. That is a HUGE jump they are on pace for at least 20 billion in total losses this year alone. It is not the liberal media or import favoring media its Fortune, WSJ, the market...

Ford is 4 dollars a share for a reason. They sold Land Rover, Jaguar, and Volvo for 1 billion that is ludicrous and a sign of desperation. Chrysler and Dodge ALREADY Failed - they already lost ground so props to Ford for holding out as long as they have - but they are not going to make it much longer.

We are talking bout business - the bottom line, profit, money. Not smile factors, seeing a blue oval, etc. Brand loyalty is important - but so is consumer confidence. Ford slogan is Drive one. A clear sign that no one is driving them and consumers ignore Ford like the plague. It sucks but its fact...sorry

I honestly believe if Ford drops Mercury and sticks with the two tier platform and if they can beat it into consumers and force feed them that their cars are good maybe they can hold ground against Toyota and Honda etc etc.

Like I said Ford will be backing out of the sportscar industry and move to compete against Toyota. I buy sports cars.

Blackmobile
08-17-2008, 10:06 AM
That's kinda funny. when's the last time you've seen a Toyota at the Datona 500? I've seen Chevy and Ford, but no Toyota. Maybe they have a hard time making that left turn thingy.

Shora
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Hardly. I've been a Ford guy since I was 6, when I went for a ride in my aunt's 65 Mustang Coupe - the very first car I remember riding in. We had a Falcon wagon in the family growing up. I got my license in a 74 Bobcat. My brother-in-law took me to see 'Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry' in his 71 Mustang Coupe (351, 4-spd) and we did burnouts in the parking lot like everyone else did after it was over. My uncle had a 68 Cougar XR7 390 and used to take me to hockey practice if my dad was away. I've owned 5 Mustangs (all before I started working at the dealership in 2000) of my own and drove GM's as winter beaters cause I didn't care if they rusted out (which they did). My sisters drive Ford's, my dad, bless his soul, had a 500 as his last car, after a Buick and 2 Cadillac Catera's (which he loved, by the way, as they were like the German Opel he drove whenever he went to Germany). My wife drives an Escape (her 3rd Ford) and she picks what she wants to drive, not me.

My viewpoint has NOTHING to do with working for a Ford Dealer. I work there because I have a passion for Ford products and I believe in them. Check the latest papers and see how much Toyota lost in the last month (a 26% drop if I remember correctly). Who was the most recalled manufacturer in 2006? Toyota, with the highest number of units in HISTORY.

I could look anyone in the eye BEFORE I started working at the dealer and say Ford had great products. Just remember that the models you talked about (Hemi-engined all, SRT-badged in all likelihood) are niche products anyway and only account for a percentage of total sales. And at the rate gas prices are going, don't expect them to be around much longer.

Frankly, I'm sure I can speak for most of the people here, that we're getting a little tired of being beaten down in the press, as it is a perpetuated myth that Ford's products are 2nd rate. The imports, meanwhile, get back page news in teeny-tiny print, if at all. Why is that?The latest introductions are proof that just the opposite is true. Fusion/MKZ - not a single recall. Edge/MKX - nada. Escape since 2005 redesign - nicht. Flex - need I say more? MKS - I doubt we'll hear anything there. F150 this fall? Ford can't afford to have that be a problem, so you can bet it'll be perfect.

I'm proud to work at a FORD dealership, and proud of the products I have to show people. Hey, I've been badgering management for the last 7 years (and I've only been there 8) that we should get the Australian Falcon here. It would be perfect as a replacement for a growing Mustang owner/family, or a Marauder owner looking for another V8 sedan. I hope Ford is watching with major interest what GM is doing with the Holden/Pontiac G8.

Now, if I sound upset, it's not about anyones' opinion. I respect people for that. I'm upset because of perpetuated myths. I work my ass off to show people just how good our products are. And when I get an import owner in, I actually get more surprises out of them than domestic drivers. Why? Because everyone they know told them to stay away from Ford - lousy products, tire blowouts (Firestone or Ford made the tires? go figure that one), rust - you name it. But once they got behind the wheel, and drove it and felt the way it handled and the way the controls felt in their hands, they said "I never knew a Ford could be this good". That, folks, is the BEST compliment you can get.

Anyway, I've ranted here and it's late and my son has a soccer tournament tomorrow - end of season stuff. So, my bottom line? Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. No, I'm not saying the things I do because I WORK for Ford (it's because I BELIEVE in Ford and have had them as part of my life for the last 40-odd years). Yes, I can get long-winded (my part of the wedding speeches was twice as long as my wifes - and the last time I got to say more than she did:D). No, I don't expect everyone to believe a word I said. That, my friends, is something you will have to find out and experience for yourselves. It's the great thing about the countries we live in (Canada and the U.S.). Choice is there for us to make on our own. You just have to decide if you want to put in a little effort to find the right answer, or go copy what everyone else thinks is the right one.

Very well said.

My comments were speaking from bad experiences at car dealers. In my family, we buy at the minimum 2 new cars per year yet we almost never end up buying in the same place twice in a row.

We expect to be treated better (or at least the same) the second time around and they think that we are fools and didn't check out the competition before going back to them. Maybe most returning customers don't and they figured that now they are going to make a "killing". I expect to be given the best "deal/ price" the first time I speak with the sales person my second time around and not been seen as a fool who is too dumb or afraid to check out what the competition is offering.

It's sad when they call back and are shocked to find out that we bought the car elsewhere. Can they not understand that we will not pay them more money for the same car just because we gave them our business before? How are "we" as customers supposed to remain loyal to a certain dealer when they are not "loyal" to us by giving offering us a deal which at least equals that of the competition? Why should I tell them what I was offered and then have them match it? I never do that. I go to the place that gave me the "original" best deal.

If it's all about the money for them, believe you me, it will be all about the money for me.

BTW, this applies too all car manufactures but we have mostly been dealing with Ford as far as domestic brands go.

Lastly, maybe Toyota had a bad year as far as recalls but maybe that is just because they "take preventative measures" on their products?

I know that Ford should have had a "recall" for the defective driver side heads that came on many early 2003 Marauders yet did not. So, I and many others, had to deal with smoke on start up while the cars were still almost brand new.

What about the soft axle issue? No recall there either and it should have been.

Marawder
08-18-2008, 07:01 AM
You know, you are right about the respect some dealers/salespeople don't show their existing customer base. It is an unfortunate aspect of the business. And it happens on both sides of the desk, too. But it's not something to get into now.

Anyway, like I've said, it is great that people can have and discuss their opinions and experiences out in the open. Here's my take on some comments recently posted:

Ford's $4 share price - yea, it's low, and from what I gather Ford is doing what it can to get this massive ship changing direction for the better. Big corporations are slow to change, but the improved quality is, to me, a positive sign. The Pinto was an attempt to stem the import tide in the 70's. What domestic manufacturer back then made good small cars anyway? Actually the 74 Bobcat I drove was solid for 6 years, and a ton better than my sisters' 72 Vega - an anomoly? Maybe, but it was good. Unfortunately, the 80 Chev Monza my mom got to replace the Bobcat was as bad as the Vega - I tried to convince my parents back then to get a Mustang, but my dad was a GM guy back then (although he did kinda regret the decision).

Toyota's issue is that it is getting too big too fast and is having some troubles - this was confirmed last fall by one of Toyota Motor's U.S. bigwigs in a published interview that I'd like to relocate. Last week, Ford laid the gauntlet saying they were vying for #1 in the quality rankings by the 2010 model year. Toyota welcomes the competition, saying it can only improve ALL brands and make everyone better - which is the whole point of building a better product, isn't it?

The comments about the problems with the axle and heads are new to me. I'm going to check with my Service Manage to ask, especially since I have one of my own to be concerned with. I sold two new in 03, and neither were problems for the customer. One came in off lease and was resold. I've met the new owner many times, and he's never had a problem even with the mods he's made.

Interesting comments, observations and rhetoric. Keep them coming.

Cheryl Ladd or Cheryl Tieg?

Eric-Blk2004
08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
I think we can safely ignore all of NASCAR when we talk about car companies and their strengths. Only thing NASCAR cars have in common with their domestic counter parts are a plastic shell.

That aside. Toyota is getting big and perhaps a little too fast but I do not see them suffering at all. They are leading the hybrid market - which scam or not is selling cars. That is what we are talking about - profit. Build quality is a small step in the right direction.

Ford suffers from lack of consumer confidence fueled by reputation, gas prices, and product line. The new cars they are pumping out are suffering from the "Saturn" effect. Saturn makes fantastic new cars - people just never heard of a Saturn let alone that these cars exist. Ford is making quality cars(for now its year one, how many miles are on these new designs?), but everyone is still thinking of the crap Ford - Found on Road Dead. So Ford will have to rebuild massively its consumer faith.

Remember just because you like the shiney blue oval doesnt mean its getting bought. I would like to believe Ford can turn it around however I think it is a classic case of too little too late. Their debt and lack of profits are compounding and getting worse before it gets better. With stock at 4 dollars I expect a buyout by a private equity firm - just like what happened to Chrysler.

What will be really fun is watching the GM failure next year!

ctrlraven
08-18-2008, 11:45 PM
If I had known the picture would of caused so much drama I would of never posted it to start with.

Eric-Blk2004
08-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Drama is for TNT...and internet forums! Its all in good fun I hope at least

Marawder
08-19-2008, 07:11 AM
If I had known the picture would of caused so much drama I would of never posted it to start with.

Not a problem. Just think - if you hadn't started this, would we have known that Mrs Munster was actually Yvonne DeCarlo, not Vicki?:D

I heard on the Q-morning show again this morning - from the Archie comics, Veronica vs Betty, and they put it this way: Veronica would be a great weekend, buy you'd marry Betty for life.

Same for Ginger vs MaryAnn (Giliigan's Island), Wima vs Betty (Flintstones)

Any others come to mind like that?

DOOM
08-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Lucy & Ethel

DOOM
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
K.I.T.T or the GENERAL LEE?

Blackmobile
08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
K.I.T.T or the GENERAL LEE?

OK, now you're stretching it. General lee had character, where K.I.T.T. just had add-ons, but boy could they Jump!

That's like trying to compare Jessica Rabbit and Britney Spears. I think we all know who wins that one.

Marawder
08-20-2008, 07:53 AM
That's like trying to compare Jessica Rabbit and Britney Spears. I think we all know who wins that one.

Now we're talkin'!

How about Jessica Rabbit or Jessica Simpson?