1, Trilogy s/c
2, Brakes to stop car after trilogy
3, New tires because of trilogy
4, enjoy

Aren Jay
08-14-2008, 10:55 AM

Breadfan
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
You could do a cooling kit along with a Trilogy. with a Trilogy you will take the upper and lower intakes off, giving you good access to the back of the motor. Aside from that, a Trilogy does not interfere with installation of much else after that. I don't hitnk headers are any harder to install w/ a Trilogy, for instance.

In the end you need to plan out where you want to be and mod accordingly.

So, in the end do you want to be S/C and if so, which one? mod accordingly.

For instance with a Trilogy it's really debateable if you need a high stall converter due to the off-idle torque. Yes it can probably still benefit, but you may wish to bump it in order, or not bother and use the money for other mods. And if you SC, don't bother with UD pullies, I think in all SC applications they come off anyway. To me that's not wroth the money just to remove later down the road.

So really where do you want the car to be?

I would just take #6 off the list personally. (The prius fluxcapacitor thingies...the first #6)

Also, consider splitting into several categories:

1.) Go Fast

2.) Stop Fast

3.) Carve Corners

4.) Look awesome

Go fast would be anything that makes the car faster, S/C, gears, tune, CAI, exhaust, trans upgrades, etc.

Stop fast is a small category, anything the helps you stop, brakes, bigger tires, etc.

Carve Corners = sway bars, control arms, tire upgrades

Look awesome = appearance items

Note that when you build the categories, some items may be repeated...

For instance, Exhaust can be a go fast as well as a look awesome thing. Big tires can be a go fast (better traction), a stop fast (more contact for braking) and a cornering help. They can even improve the looks of the car. Control arms help in cornering but also launching, so they fit into Carve Corners and Go Fast.

So once you make the lists you can ID what mod's are more bang for the buck because they maybe are "multitasking" upgrades. Also, it helps splitup what might affect another part, so you can plan your order and mod accordingly.

The multi taskers may be really good places to start!

DOOM
08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
What the hell is #5 :confused: front seat belt socket remove?

Breadfan
08-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah and you realize you go 1 2 3 4 5 6 and then back to 5 and 6 again?

offroadkarter
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Not as in buy mods but in what order should they be done.

like and like location and location.

So first is a tune.

Then I was thinking Evenflow cooling. What else should be done in the same area or same time.

I will not be doing these mods myself so I don't want the same parts taken apart and put back together over and over again.

Doing everything in one location, once is the idea.
1. Super Charger
1X. Tune
2. Evenflow
5. Under Drive Pullies
6. Electro charger (if they ever release it) Alternator replacement (wtf is this?)
5. Front seat belt socket move (???)
6. Headers and H pipe flowmaster 40's, cats, mufflers
8. Colex finishing touches
7. 4.10's
9. High Stall Torque Converter
10. Control arms
11. Sway bars
12. Brakes
13. Water pump
14. Thermostat
15. Fuel filtre (not a mod)
16. Gauge upgrade meters, which ever.

18. Tire wheel upgrade depending on brakes and winter use...

So which goes with which.

12 with 18
16 with 1

what else?

:beatnik: Teach me.

Fixed

Aren Jay
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM

offroadkarter
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
You dont need a proguard, i dont have one and my bumper does not bend out at all.

Zip ties work fine if yours is warped.

Why a trailer hitch? Cant you just get a truck? lol

Aren Jay
08-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Breadfan
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Holy smokes that's a big list. I'm not sure your going to get people to split that up into what should be done when. There's a point when it's solely up to you.

Think of it this way, look at what you want and find out what needs to be done. There isn't much that requires so much dissassembly that you must do other things.

For instance, the dash - so you install a radio, you don't need to do gauges at the same time. The guage pod pops out easily. Same with a tune, you don't have to touch anything just plug it in.

The exceptions are major things:

Rear end: If you change gears, you may want to get a upgraded LSD unit and 31 spline axles if you have plans to do this in the future, it may be cheaper in the long run to do it while things are apart.

Trans: Transmission upgrades, go ahead and do the converter while it's out. Rear engine cooling is easy with the trans out. New drive shaft would be easy too, same with a ds loop.

Engine: Not too hard here. Unless upgrading the motor itself. S/C, water pump, headers, that stuff is all kinda seperate.

There isn't a ton of stuff on a car that necessitates doing it all at once to save money or not have to pull things apart too much. The big ones I probably stated above.

And your list is way to complex anyway.

Do this: Buy what you want, have it installed. DONE!

Aren Jay
08-14-2008, 01:42 PM