PDA

View Full Version : Local Dealership offers free car with purchase

SID210SA
08-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Until you see the fine print.....Now I dont know all the details of the offer but surely this is not good for the purchaser...

The just of it is if you buy a new Nissan Armada or Titan you get a new Altima at no extra charge...at least that is what the commercial says...I went to the web site and it says it will pay 24 months of lease payments...so that can mean only one thing....they really restrict your milage and if you go over that milage you pay out the wazoo!!

Just an observation....like I said...I dont know all the details, but thats what it seems like to me.

TiTo35
08-15-2008, 06:18 AM
WOW dealerships are doing buy one get one free now? When will it all end?

CROWNMARAUDER
08-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I heard of a similar deal from a ford dealer when I was driving through oklahoma a few months back. They were giving you a free focus if you bought an expedition. The catch was that they mentioned the stock number of the focus in the commercial so when you got there I'm sure they would have told you that the focus had been sold & you're out of luck.

JVJ
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
That's the catch, to reel u in, and give u a song and dance. Dam sales men, too think that they have every trick in the book sewed up. "GOT-YA!!!!!!!

whd507
08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
local Chevy and Toyota dealers are doing similar to the Nissan deal. buy a suburban get an Aveo for $1

but a Tundra get a corolla free (lease I think)

the state of Missouri isn't amused by the $1 car, so they impose its full value when assessing the taxes.

Davesvt2000
08-16-2008, 05:53 AM
I remember years ago a local Lincoln dealer, they coudn't give the Blackwood pickup away, so they did a similar deal, buy one and get a "free" car from their used car lot. (choices were limited of course.)

94five0
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
the large print giveth..the small print taketh away..