PDA

View Full Version : 4R75W Separator Plate Needed???

Marauderjack
08-16-2008, 07:02 AM
I would like to undo the J-Mod for now and need a separator plate that has not been drilled.:help:

Also, are the plates the same in the 4R70w and 4R75w transmissions??:confused:

If anyone wants to do the J-Mod.....I would be glad to swap plates with you if yours is stock!!:beer:

I like the firmness of the shifts but have issues at part throttle at 2-3 PSI of boost.....the RPM drop at the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts causes the bypass to open quickly and the car falls on it's nose momentarily!!:argue: A little more throttle at 4-5 PSI and it shifts fine (wheels spin a little) but it is a little too much for driving in traffic.:rolleyes:

ProCharger is working on a delayed action, adjustable bypass to eliminate this but they have not got it yet.:shake:

Thanks in advance!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

Zack
08-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I think you need to look elsewhere from the transmission to fix your problem.

Marauderjack
08-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Elaborate please sir??:confused:

magindat
08-16-2008, 09:50 AM
I would like to undo the J-Mod for now and need a separator plate that has not been drilled.:help:

Also, are the plates the same in the 4R70w and 4R75w transmissions??:confused:

If anyone wants to do the J-Mod.....I would be glad to swap plates with you if yours is stock!!:beer:

I like the firmness of the shifts but have issues at part throttle at 2-3 PSI of boost.....the RPM drop at the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts causes the bypass to open quickly and the car falls on it's nose momentarily!!:argue: A little more throttle at 4-5 PSI and it shifts fine (wheels spin a little) but it is a little too much for driving in traffic.:rolleyes:

ProCharger is working on a delayed action, adjustable bypass to eliminate this but they have not got it yet.:shake:

Thanks in advance!!

Jack,
Go blow-thru. Be done. You'll love it. Keep the J-modded plate.
Rich

Zack
08-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Jack,
Go blow-thru. Be done. You'll love it. Keep the J-modded plate.
Rich

I have to agree with Rich.
Blow thru = ZERO problems as compared to a Draw through.
Plus your IAT's will drop :up:

magindat
08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I have to agree with Rich.
Blow thru = ZERO problems as compared to a Draw through.
Plus your IAT's will drop :up:

And drivability will increase!!!

Marauderjack
08-16-2008, 10:56 AM
How big an undertaking is it??:confused:

I have worked on this thing almost 3 years and have the trans schedule and street manners I like.....it's just the instant drop in RPM's at the shifts that carries it back into vacuum...thus the hesitation.:argue:

I cannot see how "blow through" can change the fact that the blow-off opens when it sees vacuum??:confused:

Marauderjack:cool:

Seneca
08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I know i'm late now, I would have switched plates with you i just J-modded my trans last night. I really like the 1-2 shift .. Best of Luck. Seneca

sailsmen
08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
It's not what the blow off sees it is what the MAF sees.

The blow off will be before the MAF.

magindat
08-16-2008, 06:49 PM

And we have a winner. It hesitates cuz it's pig rich between shifts due to recirc. There's no such drop on a blow thru config.

I think if DR compared our mods and used my base tune for you, it would be:
Change the TB elbow
Add MAFia
Put a filter straight on the in take tube
Block recirc tube (I used the former 90 from the blow off and a PVC 'innie' plug and two clamps)
Retune.

As for your shift schedule, you could send DR your tune, he can take your shifts and put them behind my engine base tune. Compare mods, but I think we're close.

Would take you maybe 3 hours if you REALLY took your time. It takes a minute or two to work out the new filter, but I've ended up with my 9" S&B cone from my old JLT. It works awesome.

You'll wonder how you could have liked the car before. Honest.

Marauderjack
08-17-2008, 03:33 AM

But....when the blow off releases intake pressure drops and it still goes back to vacuum instantaneously!!:argue:

Are you saying the blow off gives a reverse flow at the pull through MAF??:confused: Might make sense then??:cool4:

All I know is that before the J-Mod there was NO BOGGING!!!:mad2:

Marauderjack:cool:

magindat
08-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Kinda, yeah. The Procharger intake tube is angled for the recirc - which helps - many are 90. However, you can still get MAF blow-back or at least a static atmosphere at the MAF upon return to vac.

I'm not gonna claim to deeply understand all the details, Jack, but I promise ya. You, especially, will appreciate blow thru!

You;re gonna do it someday, so if you go BT, and still have J-mad issues, then swap. Until then, leave the J-mod, go blow thru and thank me later!

BTW, those little pills work great. ;) I need more. :rolleyes:

:beer:

Marauderjack
11-20-2008, 05:58 AM
BTW, those little pills work great. ;) I need more. :rolleyes:

:beer:

PM me and I'll send them Rich!!:beer:

Marauderjack
11-20-2008, 06:11 AM
Well......

As I was about to put a stock separator plate back in I decided to install my "Other" blower tune to see how it feels and.......WOW.....it shifts very quickly BUT not ridiculously HARSH!!!!:beer::bows:

I contacted Scott Beer to see if he would investigate this harsh shifting but his schedule must not allow him much free time and after two weeks of nothing back from him I went looking and found a GREAT Diablo tuner just 20 miles from me......Unique Tuning, LLC in Hardeeville, SC!!!:eek: He has a Dyno and a lot of tuning experience!!!:beer:

I emailed my "Bad" tune to him and he discovered that the "TV pressure" was 75% higher than stock causing the slamming shifts!!??:shake: Note: Diablo allows dozens of parameter changes in each shift so depending on throttle position you can change the shift characteristics from very soft to BANGING SHIFTS!!!:eek:

I guess when I asked the FIT tuner guy to set shift pressures back to stock before the J-Mod.....he must have missed this in this tune??:rolleyes:

GLAD I CHECKED the other tune!!:beer:

Now thanks to Mike at Unique Tuning, LLC I have both tunes working GREAT!!:bows: