PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Update

jabird56
08-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Well, we found a house and will close on the 28th of this month (enclosed URL shows the house). And where the house is located is only a few minute run to Bert's.

http://www.homesdatabase.com/bobdenny/CH6662325

For the time being we're living in our 28 ft Four Winds camper at the campgrounds at Fort Meade. Unfortunately the only negative I have for this campground is that they don't have WIFI service, so I am having some Internet DTs. Have to use my friends computer in Huntersville from time to time (like this morning).

Have one more trip next weekend to NJ to finish cleaning out the parents house, as that closes ALSO on the 28th.

Hope to be back online at the house by early September.

Then we need a CAM'er BERT's meet or something.

Bluerauder
08-17-2008, 05:37 AM
Well, we found a house and will close on the 28th of this month (enclosed URL shows the house). And where the house is located is only a few minute drive to Bert's.

Then we need a CAM BERT's meet or something.
Nice place Jay. :up: Glad to see things are falling into place for you.

The CAM Bert's trip is usually an annual thing in the spring timeframe -- mid-to-late April. Think you can hang on that long. We've got a Gettysburg gathering happening in October, too.

rayjay
08-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Nice house. I'm always amazed at what houses sell for in other parts of the country. Thats when I realize that yea we have nasty winters that often last from November to April, but no hurricanes, tornados, forest fires, earth quakes, ect... and its cheap to live here in the woods. Well it was until the price of fuel oil went nuts. :rolleyes:

Ms. Denmark
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Congratulations. :) (Was that a dart board in the master bath?)

MM03MOK
08-17-2008, 10:10 AM
What a lovely home!! 3 car garage and 3 acres! Best wished to you and Denise!!!

jgc61sr2002
08-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Congrats and Good Luck.:D:congrats:
The three car garage is great.:D

TiTo35
08-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Welcome to CAM territory!

rayjay
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
3 car garage and 3 acres!

I missed those parts, sweet! :beer:

Mike Poore
08-18-2008, 08:12 AM
That's a beautiful home. Congratulations. I took the photo tour and it's, in a word, stunning.

Wish they'd have more garage photos though, I mean, that's the important part, right? :D

DOOM
08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Im down for a meet up at berts.

jabird56
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, we closed on the house and moved in the end of August. It took the moving company 2 days to deliver all of our stuff and yes, the house still has a warehouse decor about it. We are making progress though and it's starting to be "our" house.
We just had HUGHESNET satellite internet service installed at the house today,...we're so far back off of the main drag that "cable" internet isn't available. AND, it's working GREAT.
Due to my 60 mile/hour + commute each way, I have a VW Jetta TDI (turbo diesel) on order since I don't want to rack up miles on the MM and the TDI is getting 40-45 mpg on the highway. This 09 diesel is GREEN enough also, the I'll get a $1300 tax credit when I get the car. Should have the Jetta sometime in mid-November. It's the next one up in the dealer's allocation queue to be built,...though don't have a VIN assigned to it yet.

TiTo35
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, we closed on the house and moved in the end of August. It took the moving company 2 days to deliver all of our stuff and yes, the house still has a warehouse decor about it. We are making progress though and it's starting to be "our" house.
We just had HUGHESNET satellite internet service installed at the house today,...we're so far back off of the main drag that "cable" internet isn't available. AND, it's working GREAT.
Due to my 60 mile/hour + commute each way, I have a VW Jetta TDI (turbo diesel) on order since I don't want to rack up miles on the MM and the TDI is getting 40-45 mpg on the highway. This 09 diesel is GREEN enough also, the I'll get a $1300 tax credit when I get the car. Should have the Jetta sometime in mid-November. It's the next one up in the dealer's allocation queue to be built,...though don't have a VIN assigned to it yet.

Congrats!:beer:

Whens the housewarming so the CAMers can crash it!!!:cool:

Check out meet schedule...and Welcome...:)

ImpalaSlayer
09-30-2008, 04:48 AM
hugesnet is about as good as it gets when cable dosent run to your house. i have it now and i hate it. good thing atlantic broadban came out this way.

DTRMiguel
09-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Tito how u gonna ask someone when can "we" crash. And tell someone to come to a meet when u goin come to a meet? Ass backwards kinda huh? :confused:

DTRMiguel
09-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Tito is the Most Known Unknown! :lol:

rayjay
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM

You'll like the VW. My boss is on his 2nd one and loves them. Great mileage.