PDA

View Full Version : Minor hit & run damage

ctrlraven
08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Got to work this morning and parked out in the parking lot (facing the curb) so I would have more room in my shop to work on a few cars at once. Around 8:30am I hear this thud crunch sound and stroll outside. Some big box truck pulled into the spot next to me (facing the curb, 20+ foot long truck) I saw it as it finished backing out and drove off. As they pass my car I see some white and black marks on my bumper. I ran after the truck but it was hauling ass out of there for obvious reasons and I couldn't make out the tag.

Moved my car to the other side of the lot to take some pictures then pulled it inside when I could to clean it up and take a better look at the damage.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2357Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2358Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2359Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2360Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2361Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2362Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2363Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2365Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2367Large.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/ctrlraven/mm%20fender%20bender/DSCF2368Large.jpg

Zack
08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
And you didnt go after him WHY????????

Sorry 'bout the car.

STLR FN
08-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Ouch! Shora's, your's, mine and a few others. Not a good week for Marauders.

Krytin
08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
That's a shootin' offence!!!

JAYSILVER04
08-19-2008, 10:26 AM
That sucks bro!! I would be pissed!!!

BAD MERC
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Was he conducting business there? Did anyone know him? That is far from minor and looks like about 2grand.

DOOM
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
*****ing c*cksuckers :argh: chris it pisses me off to see those pics! Have you checked with ALL the other shops in your lot to see if any deliveries were made around this time? I hope you find the bastards who did this. Youre a good dude and didn't deserve to have this happen to you. ANYTHING i can do let me know. Please keep us posted.

fastblackmerc
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
That sucks.... I would have jumped in the Marauder and gone after him.

Egon Spengler
08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow... I keep seeing more and more threads about accidents... sounds like I am about due... I am sure I have worse luck than you guys!

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-19-2008, 10:36 AM
What a ****g coward. These people should be in prison!

Aren Jay
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Report it as a hit and run to the cops.

Ask around who had the truck at that time there.

ctrlraven
08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
And you didnt go after him WHY????????

Sorry 'bout the car.
I would of if I didn't have an install and some clients waiting on me.

That's a shootin' offence!!!
Shootin'? More like WOMD!

Was he conducting business there? Did anyone know him? That is far from minor and looks like about 2grand.
I asked around the shops and they said no one had delivered anything recent so it had to be someone picking someone up or dropping them off.

*****ing c*cksuckers :argh: chris it pisses me off to see those pics! Have you checked with ALL the other shops in your lot to see if any deliveries were made around this time? I hope you find the bastards who did this. Youre a good dude and didn't deserve to have this happen to you. ANYTHING i can do let me know. Please keep us posted. I doubt I'll find the person who did it, but karma is a bish what goes around comes around.

That sucks.... I would have jumped in the Marauder and gone after him.
If I had strobes and all in the car I would of so used them and probably drug the person out of the truck and beaten them.

TAKEDOWN
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
eeeeeeeee yikes! You have too too many pictures of this, I got a little dizzy amd thought I was gonna vomit!

LordVader
08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
eeeeeeeee yikes! You have too too many pictures of this, I got a little dizzy amd thought I was gonna vomit!

^^^^^^Me too!! Ouch that hurts...the bastids will get theirs..

Motorhead350
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Are there any security cameras in the area to get a tag? I know what it's like being a victim of people and it's no picnic.

Joe Walsh
08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Those pictures make me sick...:mad2:

Chris, I'm sorry that your Marauder got nailed by some A-Hole.
Was it a delivery truck, or a big SUV?
There is a chance that the F'ers will have to stop back to your parking lot.

I hope that the creased rear fender can be repaired like new...

ctrlraven
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Are there any security cameras in the area to get a tag? I know what it's like being a victim of people and it's no picnic.
Nope no camera, private parking lot.

Those pictures make me sick...:mad2:

Chris, I'm sorry that your Marauder got nailed by some A-Hole.
Was it a delivery truck, or a big SUV?
There is a chance that the F'ers will have to stop back to your parking lot.

I hope that the creased rear fender can be repaired like new...
It was some 20+ foot delivery box truck. I hope it can be fixed also, depending on what the insurance company gives me I might just take the money and buy some go fast mods so I can drive around fast enough so no one will see it lol.

What's done is done, the car has so many dings, little door dents, rock chips and other various chips that it would need to be completely re-done anyways.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
If you aren't going to fix it, a lot of that paint will wet sand and buff off of your paint at least, so it doesn't look like a$$ from more than 15 feet away.

That sucks!

Eric-Blk2004
08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Damn bro that sucks! I smashed my fog light on a tree stump in my driveway - epic fail.

The light is fine I think it works just stuffed up into the bumper lol that will get fixed eventually

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
WHAT THE **** !! dude thats ****in gay!. and my poor tail light :cry:

Bluerauder
08-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear about this Chris. :( Bastige Hit & Run people. :mad2: I'll have to wait until I get home to see the pics ... but from the reactions of Joe and some of the others .... it doesn't sound too good at $2K eyeballed. Hope you at least got a company name off the truck ... you might be able to track the delivery/person that way.

Dayum Chris .... just saw the pics. :( What a shame.

rayjay
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
That stinks Chris. Jerks like that need a severe beating.

HotRodMercury
08-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Report it as a hit and run to the cops.

Ask around who had the truck at that time there.
It sucks cause he has to pay but at least the Vin,
stay clean, the smallest of all could happend but if its report its
in the carfax witch sucks, I guess that would be the bright side:)

Breadfan
08-20-2008, 03:40 AM
Dude that sucks! Hope you find whoever was responsible, that kinda stuff really sucks

SILVERSURFER03
08-20-2008, 05:37 AM
that is far from minor ... creased the quarter panel at the tail light .... i myself would have gotten in the car and chased him down for tag and other info ... i hope you can get them to pay for the repairs...you should not have to.. if you need anything let me know

ctrlraven
08-20-2008, 06:32 AM
I say minor only cause it could of been a lot worse than what did happen.

TiTo35
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Yea Chris...when I saw the heading...I was thinking a LITTLE bump...that there dont look minor! The SOBs that did it couldnt have gone too far. Did any of your clients see anything? Man, I hope it gets taken care of though...I have a buddy that does buffing and such in Laurel. Ill let him see the pics and see what he says...

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
It sucks cause he has to pay but at least the Vin,
stay clean, the smallest of all could happend but if its report its
in the carfax witch sucks, I guess that would be the bright side:)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I have had 2 collision repairs done by my insurance company, and neither ever showed up in my carfax. One involved frame pulling too (not the MM, previous low mileage Acura)

sconut1
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I agree with Krytin!!! And I feel your pain. Some ********* just keyed my F-150's 2 year old paint job so I'm not too tolerant with vandals and hit & run jerks.

That's a little more than minor damage. That's going to be well over $1000 to fix. I just got the estimate back on my F150. $850.00, and that's just paint. I'll bet there's about 6-7 hours body work on that rear fender and rear bumper R&R without paint labour.

Aren Jay
08-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Another prime example of how a camera would have helped you out perfectly.

Live and learn.

ctrlraven
08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Another prime example of how a camera would have helped you out perfectly.

Live and learn.

The only cameras allowed on the property are ones that we have installed in our offices and shops (inside). A private company owns the complex and cameras have been suggested before since there have been a string of cats being stolen off SUVs and trucks when they sit outside over night and other various crimes from wheels being stolen to smash and grabs. The company that owns the lot said no to cameras and said that's what we have business/retailer insurance for.

I'll be talking to my insurance agent tomorrow and go from there with things.

sconut1
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I know we have a really lawsuit happy society these days. But in some ways, I hope your insurance company finds out about the landlord's refusal to allow tenants to install cameras, and sues them. It's not fair to you or your insurance compan to have to bite the bullet on this one when a camera could have provided evidence to made the guy who hit you pay for the damages he caused, and provided evidence to charge him with hit and run.

Aren Jay
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I meant a camera inside your car.

They make front (rear view mirror) camera's or trunk keyhole or rear window camera's. They use either a motion detection and record function, or a proximity function to start recording. An Alarm also helps, with a specific to your car alarm sound. A guy in College on his Jaguar had a proximity alarm and when you approached his car a voice would say "please step away from the vehicle or the alarm will sound in 15 seconds". And the Alarm was this same voice yelling "I'm being tampered with". Hooking a camera to start recording with a wide angle lense would also be simple to install. Some use wide angle camera on the c pillars one for each side both for front and back, giving 360 degree coverage. Lets you know who damaged your car in many different circumstances be in it a parking lot with a door ding or a malicious act or hit and run.

hyvltge
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Two in the chest, one in the head....

offroadkarter
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Holy crap thats bad :( I woulda said the clients can wait til i get back

Aren Jay
08-30-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/motion-tracking-camera.html

Something like this mounted on the back window shelf might come in handy. Not too expensive and if wired in for power it would be great. Remote operated for easy turning on and off and it works day and night. Movement detection and even tracking and zoom.