PDA

View Full Version : Four more years!!!

Leadfoot281
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Yep, FOUR MORE YEARS!

Today marks four years of Marauder ownership for me and both 'the Hot rod' and I are ready for four more!

I just turned over 60k miles last month and here's how it's done;

Mileage.... Never under 19mpg. Max mpg of 27.
Maintenance.... One set of tires at 35k, three tranny flushes, oil change every 3k, and one set of wiper blades. Let's just say maybe $2,000.
Total repairs... $175 for a bad coil.

Times pulled over.....5.
Guns pulled on me during those stops....3.
Tickets received.... Zero.

Judged car shows entered....12.
Awards received....Zero.
# of times I heard "where'd you get those pimpin wheels?" .....countless.

Money spent on Mods.... Under $640 (delete tips, Zacks CA's, and SS inserts).
Insurance paid in four years........$2,400.
Time spent 'up-side down' financially....Zero days.

Massive road trips to Kentucky...2.
Time spent wildly lost driving around Chicago during those trips.....6 hours.

Street races won/lost... Zero (I don't street race).
Friends made.... Bunches!

There you have it. This reminds me of those old Chrysler commercials when Lee Iacocca used to say "If you can find a better car, buy it!" Great advice Lee! I'll continue to follow your words of wisdom Lee but I doubt there are any cars, by any manufacturer, that can top this one.

Special Thanks goes to Elena Ford for pricing these cars out of the reach of common hooligans and punks. (cheap+ High performance= busted 'n' rusted Camaro)

This is where I'd normally post a pic of my 99% stock SB '04 Marauder, but you all know what they look like so here's a shot of my '83 F-150 (AKA "The F-Bomber"). That's hemp growing in the box BTW. Much like the truck, it's pretty seedy. :rolleyes:

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn378/rightwing_extremist1/th_randomshots005.jpg (http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn378/rightwing_extremist1/randomshots005.jpg)

DOOM
08-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Cool guy, cool car :up: . Heres to 4 more years :beer:

Canucksmarauder
08-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Great little summary:D

I've just purchased my Marauder from my father and look forward to drving here for a bunch of years.

Hope you get 10 years out of her as a daily driver,
P

Haggis
08-21-2008, 04:16 AM
John, here is to another four years of the peddle to the metal and Sam's rollers in the rear view mirror.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
(cheap+ High performance= busted 'n' rusted Camaro)

LOL I resemble that remark. I just picked up an 81 the other day so now I have 2 camaros and a firebird in my driveway.

Bluerauder
08-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Mileage.... Never under 19mpg. Max mpg of 27.
Maintenance.... One set of tires at 35k,
You need to change your screenname 'cause I think you might be a "Tenderfoot" to achieve the ^^^^ above. ;) Your description of the "detour" through Chicago was a funny story at Louisville !!! :rofl:

Eric-Blk2004
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I spent more on repairs in 6 months then you did on general maintence! I got screwed lol.

Motorhead350
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Our numbers on these things are a little different, but I'll let you slide.

Keep driving it like you rented it John... which would be carefully. :D

Leadfoot281
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys.

I was going to do this thread last year but "Four more years!" has a much better ring to it. :D

I attribute the outstanding gas mileage to all the deer on the roads here. Some one please come on over and shoot the dang things so I can pick up the pace a little!

The screen name Leadfoot came from an "incident" where I got busted doing 36 in a 45 zone. You read that right.... Long story.

As far as the Car show award situation goes, well my best shot right now is to hang onto it for another 30 years and win one for Best Survivor. That's OK too!

I won't say what I paid for the car though. I will say that I talked the dealer down $3,900 and got them to make the first 3 payments. As the salesman was walking down the hallway I called my Credit Union and told them I was buying the car. I then changed it from 6 year Ford finance to five years. That raised my monthly payments $100/mo. Since they were making my first three payments that reamed the dealer out of an additional $300. All's fair in love and war, right? Lol!