PDA

View Full Version : Making a Fake Marauder.

Aren Jay
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
A title to draw attention.

I'm looking for a CV P70 so I can make a Marauder L.

I can't find anything for sale though.

Anyone have any ideas?

Egon Spengler
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
ebay

RoyLPita
08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Ebay has a few School Bus Yellow Cabs from NYC that you can do up. Just forget about doing the rear door panels with the carbon fiber like trim and finding dual exhaust for it.

BTW, buy my rear bumper cover if you are really serious about this.

DOOM
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
I think you mean P71

fastblackmerc
08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Marauder L??

Like "L" for loser?

jgc61sr2002
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheaper to by a Marauder. IMO

Ms. Denmark
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Anyone have any ideas? Yeah, bad idea.:burnout:

whd507
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
there was a dealer on ebay recently with a fleet of new white P70s for pretty cheap.

with a parts marauder, you would have to make rear door panels, the export Marquis L have panels without the grab handle the taxi and the few police Ls have. the taxi transmission would work with a Maruder TQ,

a used taxi would be cheaper if not wrecked, but be prepared to replace door rubber, hinges etc.

If I had the opportunity, I'd build one.

baltimoremm
08-22-2008, 08:00 PM
i agree, try ebay or some of the cv forums

i think fake marauders should be called "maFRAUDers".....yeah, think about it. or maybe i'm just drunk.

Black_Noise
08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
dont bother its not going to be a marauder.

whd507
08-23-2008, 08:04 AM
I probably would try to make a GM Ultimate LSE "L" with a 4v DOHC engine, build it out to be a great road car/Ultimate sleeper.

if I could get a Saudi spec car imported, it would be a engine swap, and suspension upgrades exhaust etc.

my kids are full-size, the back seat is kinda small in the marauder

ckadiddle
08-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Look for govt auctions in your area.

Black_Noise
08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
other marauders could use those parts. just buy yourself a ex-patroler from an auction, call it a day.

Or buy a marauder

whd507
08-23-2008, 02:44 PM
you would look long and far to find a p70, police, they didn't add the option into the ordering guide until late enough in the year that fleets had already purchased vehicles, and barely mentioned it the following year, then dropped it altogether.

they make the taxis, but being fleet only you don't see them often, and they make the GM L for export, so you don't see them here at all.

Aren Jay
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Look for govt auctions in your area.

Remember where I live.

sconut1
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I believe the P71 is the police package. Most taxis here in Edmonton are old cop cars. You can tell by looking at the speedometer. Most of them say "Certified Calibration" on the speedo.

That being said, I belive that most of the cabbies here pick them up at auction. I think it might be an idea if you maybe contacted the CPS and asked to speak with someone in their fleet dept and asked when the next auction is. Mind you, if the CPS is anything like the EPS, they might not be all that helpfull. I was just thinking, I'll bet if you called one of the cab companies there, they could tell you when the next auction is! I'll tell you for sure, Yellow Cab here in Edmonton sure could!...lol

How's your punjabi? :lol:

Just kidding!!

Aren Jay
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Ha. That is all I can say in Punjabi. It means yes.

I think it means yes.

The P70 in the 6" stretch Crown Vic.

The P71 is not stretched.

So I was wondering about this and was thinking. If I got a Marauder like that one, that one of our members was drving when he was hit by the light pole.

If you replaced the body with a stretched body, and the chassis with a stretched chassis, would it still be a Marauder?

Given that the frame was bent and the body mashed, it would just be a repair, and it would officially be a Marauder and a Marauder L.

Vortex
08-26-2008, 07:50 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/P70_LWB_Kuwait.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/P70_LWB_Kuwait.jpg)

Aren Jay
08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
If I wanted to spend that much money I could have a $50K Marauder L.

I wonder what a LWB Chassis and Body would cost.

a_d_a_m
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
i think fake marauders should be called "maFRAUDers".....

what about FAUX-rauders?

people actually ask me quite a bit if my car is a marauder. of course, they're uninformed about those cars, because it's very, VERY obviously not.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Marauders are too cheap now to make a CV conversion practical, or even remotely a good idea. It used to be just a bad idea. Now it's a really, really bad idea. You don't think a real MM's resale value has dropped enough -- you want to make an MM that started life as a cab?

Edit: Now I see, you want to take an already oversized and overweight performance 4 door, and make it even bigger.

LOL

Pops
08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Marauders are too cheap now to make a CV conversion practical, or even remotely a good idea. It used to be just a bad idea. Now it's a really, really bad idea. You don't think a real MM's resale value has dropped enough -- you want to make an MM that started life as a cab?

Edit: Now I see, you want to take an already oversized and overweight performance 4 door, and make it even bigger.

LOL

Way cheaper to buy one as Vic said. Just go buy one! :D

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I built a really nice "85-90 trans am" clone out of a v6 rust free 1983 firebird shell, by swapping a V8 and all the associated wiring and accessories, and adding all of the trans am bumper covers and ground effects. It looks almost identical on the outside, minus a few minor detail pieces, and it looks great. The problem is, it's worth absolutely nothing. Who the hell wants a clone, re sale wise? No one. I will never be able to get rid of this thing I have created!! Don't do it!!

Aren Jay
08-27-2008, 02:21 PM
It isn't a Marauder Clone I want to make a Marauder L 6" stretch Marauder.

I was wondering how much of a Marauder that you can change before it isn't a Marauder any more.

Greek guy and his sail boat, yeah I know.

Aren Jay
09-05-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/ac-servlets/vehiclebrochure/brochure.pdf?car_id=250645569&dealer_id=103702

I found one, now all I need is a 04 Marauder with dash, seats, bumpers, engine, console, trunk, lights, wheels etc... everything but the doors body and frame.

No not my DTR another one.