PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Died - Need "your" Help.

KillJoy
08-24-2008, 06:52 AM
My Cell Phone no longer powers. I lost all my Contacts and Pics.

If you know you were on my Contact List, or had sent me something, could you please PM me your Cell Phone Number, so I can reprogram you into my new phone (once I get it).

:(

KillJoy

Marauderman
08-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Most phones have a "chip"--not sure its real name--that is transferrable into another phone --if not damaged---and it will keep all your #'s on your contact and directory --its rare that it gets wiped out--unless in water or similiar ----losing power normally doesn't lose your directory or contact list that I'm aware of---....

ckadiddle
08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Most phones have a "chip"--not sure its real name--that is transferrable into another phone --if not damaged---and it will keep all your #'s on your contact and directory --its rare that it gets wiped out--unless in water or similiar ----losing power normally doesn't lose your directory or contact list that I'm aware of---....
Maybe. Cingular uses primarily chip based phones, I have used them for fifteen years or so. The individual phone usually has settings where you can tell it to save contacts to the SIM (the little chip) or the phone. Memory space is limited on the chip - in my case, I think it'll hold around 200 name/number combos. That's way more than sufficient for my personal uses. So on out phones we save ALL entries to the chip, it transfers them to new phones without hassle that way. I have been bitten in the past when I didn't realize the distinction and saved part to SIM card and part to built in phone memory.

If all your contacts existed only in the phone's built-in memory, you are screwed. It you had a SIM card based phone, and saved all contacts to the SIM, you are saved. If you have a SIM card on saved part of your contacts to the SIM, and part to the phone's memory, then you are partly screwed. ;)

Clear as mud now, right???? Of course all my knowledge is limited to what I know from Cingular network phones over the years.

Spectragod
08-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Your referring to a "SIM" card, if said phone was a Verizon unit, they don't use SIM's, most other carriers do though.

Mike
08-24-2008, 08:22 AM
My Cell Phone no longer powers. I lost all my Contacts and Pics.

If you know you were on my Contact List, or had sent me something, could you please PM me your Cell Phone Number, so I can reprogram you into my new phone (once I get it).

:(

KillJoy

Why, what happened :confused:

CRUZTAKER
08-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Will you be keeping your same number?

I'll call next week.;)

MM03MOK
08-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Your referring to a "SIM" card...Yep 3456789

KillJoy
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Will you be keeping your same number?

I'll call next week.;)

YES!!!

:D

KillJoy

PS - I have Verizon.... no SIM Card here.

knine
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Is this your way of having a cell phone "ignore list" :lol: pm sent

offroadkarter
08-25-2008, 02:52 AM
take it to the store when you get your new phone they should be able to pull em off and transfer.

KillJoy
08-25-2008, 05:13 AM
take it to the store when you get your new phone they should be able to pull em off and transfer.

Not if the phone does not power.

KillJoy

TiTo35
08-25-2008, 07:50 AM
I have NEXTEL...together with SPRINT. I didnt read all the post so I dont know what service you have, but anyway, Nextel has your contact list online. I dont know if ALL carriers have this but try to log on and see if you can update your contact list. :dunno:

CKMustangCobra
08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
If you had Verizon... why didn't you use the Backup Assistant Program?

It uploads all your contacts to a Verizon Server. Get a new phone, DL your contacts in less than 30 seconds.

Aren Jay
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
This reminded me of the guy who brought his computer into a Computer store I worked in at a Tech college a few years back.

He had a problem all his data was on his computer and his computer was dead.

I said no problem, bring you computer in we will fix or replace what needs fixing, put a new HDD in and reload everything for you right off your backup.

You did make a backup right?

He stared blankly at me and said "oh"; "I don't have a backup".

I then stared at him for a few seconds and said "oh".

We worked out it was his HDD put a new controller board on it pulled his info and put it on a new drive and sold him a CD burner with backup disc's. (Back when CD burners were new).

Killjoy,
You did back up your contact list by emailing it to your computer, which you back up right?

oh!

KillJoy
08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Folks, if the contact List was Backup Up, do you really think I would have posted this?

:dunno:

KillJoy