PDA

View Full Version : My Dad's new car....

Vortex
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
No pics (for now) but just wanted to mention my Dad just bought a new 08 Grand Marquis LS from Park North in San Antonio. Real pretty color Ice Blue (like a blue/silver) with a "stone" (tan) leather interior. He was looking at used Town Cars but for less money he got a new GM. Out the door for 21k, free oil changes and car washes and I think thats a pretty fair deal for an LS. Sounds like he really likes it. He just drives it from his apartment to the base and back (he is 81) but I think he wanted to buy a new car for the hell of it, think he was just tired of driving his Sable wagon. Im glad he did and hope he enjoys it for years to come.

Merc220A
08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
They really have some huge rebates on them huh? But anyways...nothing wrong with a Grand Marquis!!! Hope he enjoys!!!

Vortex
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Think the sticker was a little over 28k so if you deduct the tax and other paperwork he actually paid 19k and some change for a new LS. Not bad in my opinion.

rumble
08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Think the sticker was a little over 28k so if you deduct the tax and other paperwork he actually paid 19k and some change for a new LS. Not bad in my opinion.

$19K? Sounds like 1994 prices. Hell of a deal.

Aren Jay
08-27-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a friend who is trying to convice himself to get a MGM rather than another Towncar.

I keep saying he should get a Marauder but he wants a white on white.