PDA

View Full Version : Ernie got a Silver Challenger SRT8

Bluerauder
08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
On the way home from work yesterday, a new Silver Challenger SRT8 pulled out of a gas station in front of me and turns down the street about 4 blocks from my house.

I pulled up behind him, flashed my lights and pulled alongside him on his left. Was just gonna give him a :up: and move on. I kinda like the silver Challenger and this is the first one that I have seen on the road.

Turns out that it's a guy that I met about 9 months ago who owns a Black MM. Asked him to pull over into a parking lot and we chatted about the car. He's only had it a couple days and barely 100 miles on the odometer. Said he paid $5K over sticker and was the first Dodge that he has ever owned. He's not happy with Ford Motor Company about the paint on his MM -- last time I saw it, the roof and trunk were blistered. He still has the MM and loves the way it drives (but hates the paint job -- sound familiar).

He said that the Challenger drives like a boat or one of those big cars from the '60s and 70's. I like the seats. They are very comfortable with huge lumbar/bolster supports. They seem twice as deep as the MM lumbar supports and fit very nicely. The car seems huge from the interior --very wide but the back seat area is much smaller than the MM. It is about 12 inches shorter than the MM and they must have taken it all out of the back seat area.

You sit really low in the seats compared to the MM. Can't even see the hood at all. Will be difficult to judge distance and cornering. View out the rear seems high. I like the dash, gauges and layout. Speedo goes to 180 MPH.

Next time I catch up with him, Ernie offered to let me take a spin in his Challenger just to check out the handling. Too bad he's not a member here -- he's a good guy.

BTW --- he kept the Marauder, too.

ImpalaSlayer
08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
i love the silver one. bur the orange is ftw

ctrlraven
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Silver with black racing stripes looks really good in person.

RoyLPita
08-28-2008, 03:43 AM
off subject:
Ask Ernie if he wants his MM's production sequence number.

Marauderjack
08-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Saw a red one yesterday....looked nice at a glance!!:beer:

Bluerauder
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Saw a red one yesterday....looked nice at a glance!!:beer:
Red??? I thought that it was only offered in Black, Silver and Orange ... with Blue coming next year.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/CAMWASChallenger.jpg

Marauderjack
08-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Looked red to me but maybe it was reddish orange......It was not the orange I have seen in the ads!!:shake:

DTRMiguel
08-28-2008, 04:48 AM
They all look very good but dodge in my opnion could have done better as far as weight is concerned. Its just as heavy as the charger i wouldnt buy either personally and i also wouldnt buy a 4dr corvette if possible sports cars are 26-3600 lbs not 4500!

ImpalaSlayer
08-28-2008, 04:57 AM
have you guys seen a white one? there is a white one for sale down in symerna

offroadkarter
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Ive only seen 3 black ones, 2 in person. I saw another in Hopatcong NJ yesterday.