PDA

View Full Version : My Blazer is bashed!

Motorhead350
08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
What a year this has been on the old K5. Today someone hit it while I was driving. I was only doing about 25 or so and someone was pulling out of a parking meter space and hit my passenger door and back right fender. I was very surprized the window didn't break since it was down at the time. It even went back up without being out of place. :eek: The only real problem is my passenger door doesn't open anymore and I was going to haul a lot of people to my parents place tomorrow.

The guy who hit me was quite mad at himself saying that "the same ***** happened to him two weeks ago." He got the car back yesterday and got into the same accident again. What hit me was a 95 Nissan Maxima and I took off his bumper cover, bumper, grill and damaged his fender. I think I knocked off his windshild washer fluid bucket too because my truck was all wet. Not a piece broke off my truck, not one thing. He was putting pieces of his car in his trunk and second row seat. My truck didn't die, stall, nada. I wish cars and trucks were still built this good.

I'll see what insurance says, but I think this guy wants to pay out of his pocket because if insurance finds out the same thing happened twice in a month he's screwed. I'm actually laughing at this because he hit a spot that was rusting and he's giving me new body parts and paint. :P

BAD MERC
08-29-2008, 01:51 PM
You can still transport people - HIS insurance will reimburse your rental.

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Thats if he decides to put it through his insurance. Seems he's not going to be contacting them from the looks of it.

hot-rauder
08-29-2008, 02:44 PM
my brother had a 79' K10 Blazer.... man that thing was a tank for sure. i understand why your truck is alright lol... best of luck with the insurance

TAKEDOWN
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Sounds like everything is gonna work itself out.

Black_Noise
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
do u ever woder if your cursed dom?

Rocknthehawk
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
There is no such thing as a back right fender.

With your luck and history...call your insurance company. There's a (at least from some of your posts) good chance you won't be happy with what he's willing to pay to have it fixed.

Bigdogjim
08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Be happy it was not the marauder.

Good luck with repairs.

And yes no rear fender, it's called a quarter pannel.

Mike Poore
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Dom, just make sure he doesn't stall, and you file your report, as required by law. If you delay, reporting the accident, and he decides to stiff you, being a nice guy, and trusting him, could get you royaly screwed.

TooManyFords
08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures!

jgc61sr2002
08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Dom - Don't wait too long for a settlement.
I he refuses to repair your vehicle report it to your ins co. and collect from his.
In NYS you have 10 days to make an accident report, don't know the law in your area.
Good luck.

Iowa Rick
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Report it anyway to your insurance company and file a police report (probably should have called LEOs for accident). I had a kid rear end my wife's Neon. Said he didn't want to have insurance fix it cause his rates would go up. He wanted to pay for it himself. that is untill he found out how much it was gonna cost. As old as your Blazer is (no offence) they will probably want to total it. Any witnesses? Don't trust anyone in this kind of situation. Rick

CRUZTAKER
08-29-2008, 06:48 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/6/ttiwwop.gif

baltimoremm
08-29-2008, 06:55 PM
definitely report it to the ins company. he may not want to, but its better than getting screwed in the end if he thinks your estimate is too much, or he doesnt feel like paying for a rental.
i'd rather not see a thread in a week titled "the guy that hit me still hasnt paid me a dime"!

Motorhead350
08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
We filed the report about 2 hours later.

Again I think he's going to pay, not the insurance. I contacted my insurance and told them this is still up in the air.

Windsor58
08-29-2008, 07:14 PM
At least no one was hurt. get an estimate pretty quick so you can see if he really will pay.

teamrope
08-29-2008, 08:33 PM
We filed the report about 2 hours later.

Again I think he's going to pay, not the insurance. I contacted my insurance and told them this is still up in the air.

That aught to buff right out. :D

Rocknthehawk
08-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks like he took out the rocker? (well...whats left with all the rot/rust.) the older blazers are notorious for holding water there.

That's not a cheap or easy fix.

Motorhead350
08-29-2008, 10:25 PM
The rocker itself was never really that bad. I never had any "rust though" on that truck for anything. The rocker is cheap, it's $20. I don't know what it's going to be replace it, but it's not on my dime so I don't care.

Rocknthehawk
08-29-2008, 10:27 PM
The rocker itself was never really that bad. I never had any "rust though" on that truck for anything. The rocker is cheap, it's $20. I don't know what it's going to be replace it, but it's not on my dime so I don't care.

I just meant it's not cheap labor wise to replace it. If the floor and jamb aren't buckled, it's easy.

You've had some good bad luck lately. You've almost got a brand new truck!

Motorhead350
08-29-2008, 10:33 PM
If I could get a new paint job and some black wheels that's probably all else I would care to do with it... maybe a new sterio system too.

We'll see, but I'm actually thankful for this... NEW PAINT! :D

I'm friends with a few shops... so we'll grease the wheels on this.

Bigdogjim
08-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Insurance Company will look only at "book value" If the fix is more the "book" it declared a "Total loss"

And again it you door and part of the rear quarter panel that are damaged.

Pictures make it easy to follow along. Best of luck with recovery.

Motorhead350
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Like I said, I don't think this guy is going to contact his insurance company.

03Farmmarauder
08-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Looks like he took out the rocker? (well...whats left with all the rot/rust.) the older blazers are notorious for holding water there.

That's not a cheap or easy fix.

I agree after fixing rust on a bronco that had rusted quarters what do you weld the new quarter to if the wells and inner fender are rusted!!! this means alot of work for the body guy. Good luck but this is going to be big $$$!!!!

Aren Jay
08-30-2008, 09:46 AM
This reminds me of the story are friend told me about coming back from a Christmas party. He had a little too much to drink was driving home and didn't see the other guy. Anyhow they came together and got out and look and both decided not to call the police, both decided it wasn't so bad and both got into their cars and just continued driving. He said the other guy was slightly worse for wear, alcohol wise, than he was.

Motorhead350
08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
I agree after fixing rust on a bronco that had rusted quarters what do you weld the new quarter to if the wells and inner fender are rusted!!! this means alot of work for the body guy. Good luck but this is going to be big $$$!!!!

Again, not my dollar. I don't care.

My only concern is if this guy contacts his insurance company I'm 95% positive they will declare this a "total" loss because it will cost more to repair it than total it out. I don't want a new truck and I'll get $3,000 at most... what will that buy me? Probably another K5 in worse condition than mine is currently in. Their all rust buckets and mine was just starting it's second run in with rust.