PDA

View Full Version : Got to drive some new cars...

Breadfan
09-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Well new to me atleast, b/c I had never driven 'em before! :)

I got to drive 2 cars over the last few weeks, a Dodge Stratus (05 I think) and a Ford Excursion (2002).

The Stratus was THE WORST car I've ever driven. I think I even liked the old 88 Reliant K-Car I had the joy of driving a bit years ago better. I can't think of one thing about that car that felt nice or comfortable.

Granted it was a stripped down model, but even on a stripped car it shouldn't suck this bad. I wasn't surprised it had very little power, that didn't even bug me as it was seriving it's purpose well. What bugged me was how horribly uncomfortable it was to drive. I can't imagine anyone buying one of these.

The oddest thing was how stuff I've never experienced as bad before were bad! The FREAKIN door handles were horrid! I went to open the door and it took 3 tries to open it, and it wasn't locked. The handle was small, and the way it angled up when you plled it and lack of surface area underneath meant my hand slipped off it twice before I realized what I was up against. What a piece of junk.

And the drivers seat was not comfrotable and I couldn't find a good seating position. The interior was chintzy and cheesy looking and feeling.

I can't believe Dodge is trying to sell crap like that. It really was a ****box.

Now the Excursion on the otherhand kicked some major ass. I like big cars and big trucks well that's even better. :) I've driven a Suburban before and really enjoyed it, and well, the Excursion was like a big Suburban basically. It rode nice, and even with only a 5.4 it had good enough get-up for such a large truck.

That one was cool to drive, too bad ford stopped makin' em. I'd like to see a new one based off the new super duty with the nicer interior maybe a king ranch interior! (That was my only complaint the interior on this base model 4wd one was not hte greatest, was above and beyond the Stratus in terms of quality but can't compare to a new king ranch. :)

Anyway for Chrysler's sake they ought to try making a small or midsize car that doesn't suck so bad. Fire the door handle guy too.

Aren Jay
09-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Ford Lincoln makes the Extended, Excusion, version of the Navigator now.

That Dodge you described reminds me of the Loaner sunfires I had when the firebird was being fixed. Wow I expected a smaller firebird and found it was a peice of junk on wheels, absolutely nothing but cheap plastic on wheels. Made the Firebird look expensive and impressive.