PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near me I need your help

Motorhead350
09-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I am probably going to get myself a junkyard engine for the 65 Chevy by the middle of this week or close to it. I need help installing this because I have never done it before. It's going to be a simple 350 going in and I think it will be very simple. I need help connecting the ignition and distributer again and making sure the brakes hook up to the carb and get me some vacum. I do not know how to set the timing of a carb or engine. I will really need help for installing and getting this thing to fire up. I also need help getting the old torque converter off the old engine because I could never seem to do it.

As a reward for coming over to help out I will supply you with all of the food and an open bar with beer on tap. I will stick to wings and root beer. I don't know how much longer I can give away food for people helping me that is why I am saying it now. It will probably be on sept 21st or the following weekend.

I also need a Painless Wiring kit installed too and I really need help on that one, but the engine is my main concern. I know it sounds a bit to ask, but I want this done right and if anyone can spare a day and help me out I'd really appreciate it and I'll do any favor in return. I do not want to pay anyone to do this, just food and drinks. Building this truck was my big finger to anyone who charges labor (except Zack) because even my friends want loans and in return they would help me... I wouldn't call those people friends anymore. :mad:

If you are free let me know. I have tools, but they aren't the best and I will have more by the time of the install. Fall is coming and my garage doesn't have heat so I wanna get this done soon. We can start in the morning and hangout all night at my place eating, drinking and watching stupid car movies. If you need a place to stay I have a few spare bedrooms if you are really coming that far. I appreciate any help that is offered. Thank you so much guys and I know we can knock this out and it'll be a fun day. If the wiring is done too... well... we'll worry about that later.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you can help!