PDA

View Full Version : There is hope in the music business for me

Motorhead350
09-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Get this. About a year ago I recorded some original songs and passed them off to a ton of people in the industry. Not too many got back to me or some took it, said they liked it and that was it. I've had a few other positive stories too, but here is one that I never saw coming.

I sent off an album of original material to a friend of mine who is in the punk band The Misfits. Since they have gone though a few line up changes the current frontman and only original member cannot seem to write songs too well from what I heard. When I sent him an album he liked it.... a lot. He said he might even want me to play on the next album that they are working on right now. I told him not only that I would, but I would write a few songs for them and if they liked them, they can use them, record them and play them. Basically I am now writing songs for the band The Misfits.

My drummer and I already wrote 2 songs and we are finishing out 3rd tomorrow. I'm taking a drive to meet up with them on tour, have a sit down, listen and let me know if they want my songs or not. I will have already copyrighted the songs and I own all the publishing. They used to sing about Horror Movies back in 77-83 (The only era if you ask me) and Christine is being remade soon. If I make one of the songs about that movie and it lands on the soundtrack...... hellllllo to a little respect and a good reputation.

I will be presenting these songs next month and recording them next weekend. If I cannot do it as a performer I will do it as a writer. Gene Pitney wrote one of my favorite girl group songs called He's A Rebel and gave it to The Crystals.

If you don't know who the Misfits are here are two of my favorite songs. The closest thing that ever came to Rock N' Roll after 1964 especially when you listen to the chord structure... heck the second song is the same chords and key of Stand By Me. I'm not saying The Misfits were Maximum Rock N' Roll of the 70's, but the whole punk scene came close too it and nothing has ever came that close again. I just have to write a few songs like these... give them a listen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjOt2yo12k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v86jU_1HcPU

hidperf
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Congrats man! That's amazing! I always love hearing a fellow musicians success stories. I'm hoping to share my own some day soon.

I can't get to the songs at work so I'll give them a listen tonight.

justbob
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
If you joined forces you'd still be a misfit.:rofl:

2003DOHC
09-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Congratulations and good luck Dom!!:)

Mike Poore
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Remember what you said when I told you we wouldn't be worth your time, once you made the cover of The Rolling Stone.

Way to go, Dom! :)

Motorhead350
09-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks! I'll keep everyone updated, let's se if I can make a living of this hua?

Aren Jay
09-16-2008, 12:23 AM

Motorhead350
09-16-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't need a laywer to copyright anything. Go to copyright.gov and pay the $45. I only need a lawyer if they choose to record the music and work out a deal, than we will have a need for a lawyer.