PDA

View Full Version : Shelby GT500 Humor

Vortex
09-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Today I took my Montego to Rockwall Ford for an oil change (used to get free ones and took it there to see how many I had left; none, as it turns out) and went walking around the lot and showroom. (As a sidebar I used to use Regency LM in Mesquite but they are now gone, closed up shop, a nice facility like a Mercedes dealership built less than 10 years ago, but I ramble.) At Rockwall there are plenty of salesmen, just no customers. Inside on the showroom floor they had two (2) GT 500's; a blue with white stripes and a black one with dull black stripes (and dealer added black wheels, ugg). The sticker said 44k each but then the dealer had added their little add-on sticker of an additional 25k for dealer market adjustment. Judging by the amount of rust visible on the brake rotors of the Roush parked outside it doesnt look like those cars are going anywhere soon. In fact, the plain Mustang GT looked better to me though the Roush looked pretty good. So lets do the math, you can get a new Mustang GT for around 17-18k and they want 69k for basically the same car? What are they smoking?
Oh, the mechanic comes out with my air filter and asks if I want it changed and I said "yeah, go ahead" think an extras 15 bucks or so. 29 bucks for the air filter. 75 bucks total for an oil and filter plus and air filter. Times have sure changed man.

justbob
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
The only GT's that i've looked at were $33,000 not $17,000. There are plenty of differences between at GT and a GT 500 but not to justify an additional $36,000. Now if you were talking about a GT shelby i would surely laugh because those are the biggest waste of money, you are purchasing a name and some suspension for another $15,000! They will come around when they learn there is not a strong market right now and lower the price accordingly. It would be nice if Ford stepped in and demanded a cap.

MeadeRaudeR
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I was going to say, if I could get a new mustang gt for 17-18k, my wife is going to be missin a minivan!!

Zack
09-15-2008, 06:41 PM
On a side note, GM is pressuring dealers to sell the Camaro at MSRP to boost sales.

justbob
09-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Too bad its GM.

Leadfoot281
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I was hanging out at a local buger joint in La Crosse Wisconsin last summer when I seen a Dodge Omni GHL pull in.

I talked to the teen aged owner for a while as he showed me the car. It was solid rust from the door handles down. The engine was oily and nasty. The interior was almost as ratty. I asked if it was a real GLH or if he'd just stuck the badges on it.

Completely un-offended, the guy reached in a pulled the passenger sun visor out. (it was lying on the dash). There it was, Carrol Shelbys autograph!

Apparently Shelbys name is worth a lot...in some circles. That day however I could have driven home a 'Shelby' for probably less than $800. Go figure.

MarauderMarc
09-15-2008, 07:04 PM
I can get you a 2008 GT for 20k. Brand spanking new with under 100 miles. All the power, just cloth seats.

heres the link....

http://www.southfloridastangs.net/sfsclassifieds/showproduct.php?product=1587

larryo340
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Too bad its GM.
and UGLY !!

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Even 6 cylinder mustangs here are $25k or more, that price must be a one time weird thing.

Vortex
09-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Actually, I didnt try to make a deal on the 08 Mustang GT's that were parked there. If I remember right, the MSRP on almost all of them were around 27 or 28k. Since they are last years model and since they had a bunch of them I would assume you could make a hell of a deal. Maybe not 17k but I bet 20k would be easy.

MarauderMarc
09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Even 6 cylinder mustangs here are $25k or more, that price must be a one time weird thing.

That is member pricing for the Mustang club. Its the real deal. Dont believe me then call them yourself. Say you are a member of South Florida Stangs (Join the site so you are not lying) and ask speak to Les. He has hooked up 5 members from the site at that price. Like I said, its the cloth seat version, but buy some sick aftermarket seats or even OEM seat covers and you are set.

Aren Jay
09-16-2008, 12:08 AM

Hotrauder
09-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Here in Florida, new 2008 Mustang GT are advertised every day now for 20 to 21K. I have seen one listed at 19 and change and they all have financing deals. Dennis:)

Dragcity
09-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Yah, A dealer out here has about 5 Bullits, two GT-500's 3 or 4 Shelby and a ton of GT's. I think they over-bought.....

Now is truck time up North. I bet those sales will be low too. Dealer lots are getting really crowded up here.

I remember asking if I could get a GT-500 on the X-plan and was told no way. Bet they would do it now....