PDA

View Full Version : Next Door Neighbor

jabird56
09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Well my next door neighbor is an interesting elderly gent. Back in the 70s he and his brother (who we just bought our house from) where big in the drag circuit, going around the country racing a VW bug with a big block Chevy in the back of it. Some of you might remember the Mori Brothers. Well my new neighbor (in his 70s) has 3 Chevy HHRs. One is a stock silver one, the next one is black with a 350 in it. He even paneled up the windows all around in the back. Somebody mentioned that the 350 was an interesting accomplishment and that was definitely the top end of potential for the HRR.

Well,...WRONG answer to a retired drag racer who has all the time in the world. His current project that he is working on is putting a big block 454 in his third HHR. Both the 350 and the 454 are/will be rear drive. With the 454 he is customizing a Chevy S-10 frame to take the torque and power of the 454. Should be a very interesting outcome, when he rolls this beast out of his garage.

He also has 6, that is 6 totally restored mid/lat 50s Chevys of different models in a climate controlled garage. His real rare one is (I believe) a 1952 Chevy pickup in two tone red/cream.

Interesting gent to say the least.

Egon Spengler
09-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't bother with an HHR but it is definitely different and I like that! Sounds like an interesting guy! and talented too!

jgc61sr2002
09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Well my next door neighbor is an interesting elderly gent. Back in the 70s he and his brother (who we just bought our house from) where big in the drag circuit, going around the country racing a VW bug with a big block Chevy in the back of it. Some of you might remember the Mori Brothers. Well my new neighbor (in his 70s) has 3 Chevy HHRs. One is a stock silver one, the next one is black with a 350 in it. He even paneled up the windows all around in the back. Somebody mentioned that the 350 was an interesting accomplishment and that was definitely the top end of potential for the HRR.

Well,...WRONG answer to a retired drag racer who has all the time in the world. His current project that he is working on is putting a big block 454 in his third HHR. Both the 350 and the 454 are/will be rear drive. With the 454 he is customizing a Chevy S-10 frame to take the torque and power of the 454. Should be a very interesting outcome, when he rolls this beast out of his garage.

He also has 6, that is 6 totally restored mid/lat 50s Chevys of different models in a climate controlled garage. His real rare one is (I believe) a 1952 Chevy pickup in two tone red/cream.

Interesting gent to say the least.

Can you get any pictures?

TiTo35
09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Can you get any pictures?

For us local guys...whats the address?!?!?:D

RoyLPita
09-16-2008, 05:11 PM
It would be cool if one of his HHRs was the sedan delivery model.

Motorhead350
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Does he have time and money for my 65 C-10?:D