PDA

View Full Version : 5 Miles of Dirt Roads - Car is a Mess

Bluerauder
09-21-2008, 06:20 AM
The wife and I took a day trip out past Leesburg, VA yesterday to visit the "Great Grape Wine Festival" at the Tarara Vineyards. Beautiful day. Nice time. Enroute to the festival on Route 15, police had James Madison Highway in Prince William County blocked completely for a bad wreck.

We were detoured to the back roads to by-pass the problem. Trouble is that the detour took us 5 miles around on one lane roads ... most of which were gravel or dirt. Two way traffic. There was dust and dirt everywhere. The car is a compete mess ...

Man am I glad that the wife wanted to take HER car. :rofl:

I'll hose off her Freestyle later today .... if I feel up to it. ;)

On the way home, I decided to swing by the Manassas Burger King. Got there about 6:30 PM and there were still lots of cars there although it was beginning to wind down. The nice day and beautiful weather seems to have brought out a big crowd 'cause the lot was full and there were 2 rows of cars on the grass behind the lot.

Mike Poore
09-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Man, Charlie, it's good you had the Freestyle, and not poor 'ol Blue, getting the dusting of it's life. :D

Ms. Denmark
09-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Yeah, don't forget he's over 55! (Old Blue that is);) Catching up to you Charlie!