PDA

View Full Version : Speaker reccomendation's

sd8683
09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this thread but........ I'm looking to upgrade the speaker's in the Marauder, I'm not that knowledgable when it come's to car stereo stuff so any suggestion's, part #'s, link's would greatly appreciated.

Thank's, Sean

Windsor58
09-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Talk to Rich (magindat) or John Kuhn. They know their stuff.

sd8683
09-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Talk to Rich (magindat) or John Kuhn. They know their stuff.

Hopefully they chime in.

Windsor58
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Rich can make you a nice sub woofer enclosure if you want to upgrade the sub. His box fits on the shelf next to the spare (with room to keep the spare). Check this thread for one he is building for me right now:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47661
I think he will post more pictures when he gets it done.

John can fix you up with speakers. He'll need to know things like - do you have the stock stereo? And probably price range. If you haven't done so, check out John's forum on here.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76
There is a lot of info and pictures on there. Or you can just call John. His number is 269 637 1994.

I live near Denver, Colorado, but I just bought everything I need to upgrade the stereos and speakers in my MM and 95 Bronco from John. He'll treat you right.

hot-rauder
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Hopefully they chime in.

i have JBL 6x9s.... ask Aaron for specs on them Sean idk really... my entire car has been wired for 3 amps and 2 15"subs (previous owners doing) and dynomatted.... i put the stock sub and deck in and my car bumps. gett speakers with great midbass so your stock sub can take more lows.... unless you want to go fully out with sub too.

Sean, next meet youll have to ride in my car lol

sd8683
09-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm getting the avic f90, and from what I hear, the stock sub won't work:( I have a box with a 12inch rockford fosgate sub in it but I don't wanna buy an amp, their way too expensive! Hopefully I'll be happy with the sound by just changing out the speakers.

Vortech347
09-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I am a HUGE fan of infinity. I'm just never disapointed with their products.

They have 2 ways that you can get as cheap as 55 a pair and do all 4 that way. OR Do components in the front and the 2 ways in the back. I spent about 170 for everything.

DOOM
09-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Talk to john kuhn. NUFF SAID.

Aren Jay
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
see John Kuhn in Johns Stereo in the vendor section.

magindat
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm getting the avic f90, and from what I hear, the stock sub won't work:( I have a box with a 12inch rockford fosgate sub in it but I don't wanna buy an amp, their way too expensive! Hopefully I'll be happy with the sound by just changing out the speakers.

Get the new Pioneer Basalt fiber cone 6x8's from John Kuhn. If you will not be using a sub, you will need the lightness and rigidity of this design and material to give any appreciable low end without distortion. The F90 is 50w/ch and will easily run a set of 4 Basalt 6x8's and put the stock system to shame - even without the sub.

Plan an upgrade to a 10" 5500 MTX sub and a 300.1 MTX amp and one of my boxes. You will be surprised how affordable these items are for us through John Kuhn of John's Stereo.

The combo outlined above has been done time and time again with great success. The chef's a MM.net have perfected the recipe for great sound at affordable pricing - and in stages you can take one at a time!