PDA

View Full Version : The internet will be gone in five years

Motorhead350
09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I heard this at the begining of summer and haven't heard anything since then. Has anyone heard this? I'm guessing it's because people keep stealing or other companies keep losing money from downloading. Any thoughts?

Ken
09-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Dom,

Have you been drinking more Naked fruit drink?

Or that mosquito was bad!

Ken

BigCars4Ever
09-29-2008, 10:03 AM
I'll believe smoking will be made illegal long before the internet gets turned off. That's only if the comet doesn't come first.

Egon Spengler
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Well I thought to myself... I have to decide whether I should open Diabolical's threads over Motorhead's or vice versa... boy did I go down the wrong path... back to opening Diabolical's instead!

j/k

Joe Walsh
09-29-2008, 10:08 AM
I just spoke to Al Gore and he said that we are good until at least 2015!

Ken
09-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I heard this at the begining of summer and haven't heard anything since then. Has anyone heard this? I'm guessing it's because people keep stealing or other companies keep losing money from downloading. Any thoughts?I think that they will figure out a way to better copyright protect music, etc. Remember music was copied and shared (less widely) with cassetttes, then CDs; software was pirated well before the internet came into being. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I think that the internet has opened up the world and made too much available that we will never go backwards.

That's like saying that cell phones will go away because too many people talk or text and drive.

Just my :twocents:!!

Ken

Aren Jay
09-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Comet is due at 15:33 Wednesday the ...

Bluerauder
09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
:laugh: This is good to know.

The internet has been let out of the box. Ain't nobody gonna be able to put it back in or even find a box big enough to hold it. JMHO.

Dr Caleb
09-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Naw. If Corporations had any say, it would be gone, replaced with the Great Material Continuum.

Luckily, the world will end soon due to the LHC.

http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

TAKEDOWN
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Dom,

Have you been drinking more Naked fruit drink?

Or that mosquito was bad!

Ken

I believe he has rabies, last I saw him he looked a bit dazed, confused, walking in circles, and was foaming from the mouth! :lol:

blackhueys
09-29-2008, 10:51 AM
so if it goes away that means I might have to start reading those book things again? I thought that al gore was busy still trying to find manbearpig or did he give that up?

Ken
09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I believe he has rabies, last I saw him he looked a bit dazed, confused, walking in circles, and was foaming from the mouth! :lol:Probably just fell off his skateboard!! :lol:

2ndMDRebel
09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Something is amiss here... this thread has been open a couple hours and
LVMarauder hasn't been in bashing on the MotorHead. :flamer:

O's Fan Rich
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Once they figure on a way to tax everything on it and charge per email through the Postal Service It'll be over with....

Haggis
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM

There goes Al gore again shooting his mouth off about something he knows nothing about. The world will end on 21 December 2012!!!! Read all about it on the Mayan calander.

Breadfan
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Once they figure on a way to tax everything on it and charge per email through the Postal Service It'll be over with....

That's OK, Internet 2.0 is already started and we didn't include Mr. Gore this time. If that kinda thing you mentioned ever happens find a techie to lead you to the promised land (lol!).

I have heard people saying the 'net will crash or come to a halt, some stupid stuff like that. Not gonna happen.

I think a lot of the stories are based around IP addresses running out. Yes on IPv4 (which we use primarily now) there is a possibility to "run out" of IP's. Private networks and proper routing help offset this big time. However, proliferation of handhelds and other net-connected devcices put an extra strain on the IP pool.

Never fear IPv6 has been out for several years. It's just a matter of hardware/firmware adoption. Like EVERYTHING this will grow into the norm as necessary and without much interruption. Alot of devices already run both IPv4 and v6, older legacy devices are really whats holding things up and most of those are overdue to tech refreshes anyway.

So in otherwords, no sweat.

Go Mifuni
09-30-2008, 07:13 AM
"They" will crash the internet and implement Internet 2.0, not for the safety of corporations and personal information, but for censorship and control. The internet as it stands right now is too dangerous for "them" as it allows the free, instantaneous exchange of information around the world regardless of viewpoint. I2.0 will be just like cable TV, whereas it will limit the amount of sites available, as well as content. Scary stuff indeed. Some see it effectively as an end to Amendment 1, but that was rolled up and shoved up our butts a long time ago, imho. http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tinfoil-hat-ani.gif