PDA

View Full Version : World's top Chevrolet dealer is closing

Bigdogjim
09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Here is the link from MSN.............

Still a bad day for the US car market.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2008/09/25/world-s-top-chevrolet-dealer-is-closing.aspx

KillJoy
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
WOW! I think this is a foretelling of things to come, if the economy does not change.

:(

KillJoy

BAD MERC
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow - did you read the complaints?

Ken
09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Here is the link from MSN.............

Still a bad day for the US car market.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2008/09/25/world-s-top-chevrolet-dealer-is-closing.aspx No, a good day for all of the people that they screwed. I believe that there is another thread about this dealership.

Ken

Bigdogjim
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
True they are in hot water for some big lawsuits. However I think the bigger part of the problem is that did a very large amount of sales with pick-ups.

Pick-ups were the first sales line to fall to gas prices :help::flamer:

TAKEDOWN
09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
That's not good!

finster101
09-29-2008, 11:05 AM
These dealerships are not closing because of the economy. They are closing because of deceptive business practices. There in fact are enough complaints that Chevrolet cut them off. And it should read largest not "top" dealership. This should have happened sooner than it did.

BAD MERC
09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
These dealerships are not closing because of the economy. They are closing because of deceptive business practices. There in fact are enough complaints that Chevrolet cut them off. And it should read largest not "top" dealership. This should have happened sooner than it did.

I honestly have NO clue how Galloway Ford is still in business. They destroyed the flawless reputation of Scanlon Lincoln/Mercury and will never get another dime of my money for service.

oldekid
09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Bill Heard has already closed their large dealership here. According to police reports, they were getting 911 calls about every other week from upset customers. I guess once you went in and handed them the keys to your trade in, there was no way they would ever let you change your mind.

Another large Pontiac dealership just down the road from them also closed the very next day.

My LM dealership is just down the road to the south of those two.

:eek:

Cheeseheadbob
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I concur! Most, if not all business failures can be traced to poor decision making by management. If you decide to put all of your effort into selling one type of product, you better be ready to switch gears quickly if the market changes. Upper level managers routinely suck at the medium to large scale companies. I am an executive level manager, and it pains me to see my "peers" at other companies/competitors make the decisions they do. Although the pain dissipates rather quickly because as the house of cards they built is quickly falling in around them, I am mixing another wheelbarrow full of mortar...:D

TAKEDOWN
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
If they're out there ripping people off the they got what they deserved!

TAKEDOWN
09-29-2008, 12:57 PM
if they're out there ripping people off the they got what they deserved!

amen! Sho' u righht!

finster101
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I honestly have NO clue how Galloway Ford is still in business. They destroyed the flawless reputation of Scanlon Lincoln/Mercury and will never get another dime of my money for service.

They have captive market. How close is the next nearest FOMOCO dealer?

Motorhead350
09-29-2008, 01:09 PM
If Chevy still made cars that were boner-inspired (please don't edit that out, it's a funny phrase) maybe I would feel sorry, but all these high MPG potato cars don't leave me crying.

Aren Jay
09-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I waiting for the 'king of cars' fool to close down.