PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to All Members

Smokie
09-09-2003, 06:38 AM
I joined this forum about a year ago and I remember the joy and the genuine friendship that we all were a part of, as we were discovering the posibilities of the car that brought us all together.
Today with over 1000 members we are a highly informative forum and a great deal of expertise can be found among our members. Also a great deal of anger, sarcasm and disrespect can be found when reading some of the posts. Back a year ago we disagreed, without trying to destroy each other with words. Some will read this and think: well we have a lot of members and "it has to happen" so many different personalities. I believe that each and every single individual member can chose to be friendly and sincere and respectful when posting....all you have to do is want to. It is not impossible for 1000 people to do the right thing...all you have to do is want to. Yes when reading this words I'm sure some will think: "this guy is either very naive or very stupid" and will continue to be angry and sarcastic and disrespecful, that is your choice... or we can chose to be better people. Your choice.

Logan
09-09-2003, 06:52 AM
It's really quite simple. Here's how it works. Either people play nice together or they don't get to play in my sandbox. This applies to all, seasoned member or no.

I've no problem keeping the peace. I don't like closing accounts, but if folks are unreasonable and won't abide by my request to cool it, they leave me little option.

That being said, I appreciate your comments and I'm going to close the thread so folks can simply read them and move on.

SergntMac
09-09-2003, 06:53 AM
I hear you, Smokie, and I agree 100 percent. We will not always agree, too many opinions and points of view. However, there is a way to disagree with respect, which we should never lose for our fellow owners.

I've been involved in some heated discussions here, sometimes sucked into them, sometimes just being plain stupid myself. I'm not proud of that, but it happened, and I've learned from it. Exchanging thoughts in a one dimensional medium has its shortcomings, but all you need to do, is think it through.

Logan
09-09-2003, 06:54 AM
Sarge.... Stop sneakin' in behind me. :)