PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fossett mystery solved?

Mike Poore
10-02-2008, 05:29 AM
I've been following this from day 1 mostly using the satellite photos like Goggle & Microsoft. A guy found some artifacts near Mammoth Lakes, Calif, just 60 air miles from the Hilton ranch. We should be seeing news about it by mid-day, or early evening. They won't give the coordinates, but it sure seems a possibility.

There's still an outside chance the Aliens got him, though. :cool:

O's Fan Rich
10-02-2008, 07:11 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431605,00.html

Embassy
10-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Part of me always wondered if he disappeared, just to get away from it all.

Embassy
10-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Fox just reported that they found his plane. Apparently it hit the side of a mountain.

ImpalaSlayer
10-02-2008, 09:19 AM
can some one give me a brief run down of who he was and what happened?

O's Fan Rich
10-02-2008, 10:07 AM
hope that when this is solved they'll get to work on the Vince Foster murder.... uhhhh suicide... sorry.
No wonder Obama didn't want a Clinton as Veep....

Dr Caleb
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
can some one give me a brief run down of who he was and what happened?

He is an amazing innovator in the aircraft industry. He also holds many world records (over 100 I think) for things like solo flights in aircraft around the world, solo around the world on 1 tank of fuel, solo balloon flight around the world, Le Mans racing, Dog sled racing . . .

He's a great man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Fossett

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Atlantic_GlobalFlyer

duhtroll
10-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll believe it when they find a body. Otherwise I stick with the conspiracy theorists on this one.

I can see an attention whore like this guy staging his own disappearance just to show up 10 years later. "TA-DA! Look how great I am by fooling all of you!"

Last I checked they had found no human remains at the crash site. He had no parachute with him (supposedly) and the crash was head-on and very unlikely someone could have walked away.

TAKEDOWN
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I'll believe it when they find a body. Otherwise I stick with the conspiracy theorists on this one.

I can see an attention whore like this guy staging his own disappearance just to show up 10 years later. "TA-DA! Look how great I am by fooling all of you!"

Last I checked they had found no human remains at the crash site. He had no parachute with him (supposedly) and the crash was head-on and very unlikely someone could have walked away.

I believe he's chillin' with Elvis Presley & 2Pac Shakur somewhere in gangsta paradise island!

1stMerc
10-02-2008, 07:08 PM
A lot of his flights started right from Washington Univeristy in St. louis where they're holding the vice-presidential debate

TAKEDOWN
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Per local 9:00pm news in Chicago, body parts have recently been found near crash site, so we can probably assume it's....

Vortex
10-02-2008, 08:25 PM
If you look on a map, the crash site is almost exactly due south of the airport he left from. Who knows, maybe he had a heart attack after takeoff or something?

knine
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
They found a sweater with human and animal hairs on it. On a side note, why are the bears around the crash site so fat?

Mike Poore
10-03-2008, 05:40 AM

They're doing DNA testing on the remains, and it's most people's guess they are Steve's. I like the idea of the heart attack theory, it gives noble cloture to the carrier of a great American. RIP.