PDA

View Full Version : First post from my iPhone

QWK SVT
10-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, a little under two weeks ago, I finally got an iPhone. I have to say, I really like it, as a toy. Anyone else here using one?

Since purchasing my first home and starting renovations, I have had little time for the Internet... So, a primary reason for choosing the iPhone was for because of the surfing capabilities - far better than the Blackberry Bold I was also considering... As this post is being typed on the iPhone, the touch screen isn't a problem, even for my large fingers.

Now, I said "toy" and mean it - there are some features that are needed to be "corporate friendly" such as copy&paste, and a push email that worked (latest firmware screwed it up) - but the fun factor is through the roof ;) I'm jaolbroken, plenty of games and apps installed. I can now claim 1+ hour/day onthe commuter train as mine... I have my time to surf and life is good, once again! :cool:

So, I can't be the only one here with an iPhone... What are you experiences?

MM03MOK
10-04-2008, 09:20 AM
ooooo......the post looks great from an iPhone. :D

kewl!

hot-rauder
10-04-2008, 12:39 PM
as an owner of a blackberry.... stick with the iPhone.

looks great!

MM_BKK
10-04-2008, 06:13 PM
How is taking video pictures working on the iphone?

Can you able to tether the iphone to a laptop and use it as a high speed modem?

What about listening to music with a stereo bluetooth?

I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm on the fence about it.

Your post looks great, BTW.

G-Tac
10-04-2008, 06:16 PM
I want to get an I-Phone. The cost is finally reasonable.

TAKEDOWN
10-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, my wife recently bought one and they're pretty cool, I've messed around on the internet through the Iphone, boy these gadgets just keep gettin' better and better!

doyounochef
10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I have one it's a great TOY and yes it's a Toy i do miss my blackberry it's a better phone and business tool but the iphone is so much fun have fun with it(but i can't type on it fingers too big but it is fun)

QWK SVT
10-05-2008, 09:20 AM
How is taking video pictures working on the iphone?

Can you able to tether the iphone to a laptop and use it as a high speed modem?

What about listening to music with a stereo bluetooth?

I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm on the fence about it.

Your post looks great, BTW.

I have jailbroken the phone, which allows the installation of unsupported third-party applications. As a result, I can take video recordings, which look pretty good, and tether. Neither of these functions are built in stock... Unlike the Marauder, this doesn't void the warranty, as you can go back to stock, easily;)

I don't have Bluetooth earphones, but I know others have had issues with certain brands...

Honestly, I think it will take a few more months for the firmware to evolve, such that the iPhone will be fully capable, but it meets my needs for now, and I'm having fun :D

KillJoy
10-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I have the LG Voyager from Verizon. Other than being a bit slow online.... I like it.

I probably would have gotten an iphone if it were not tied to AT&Ts Network.

:(

KillJoy

BruteForce
10-05-2008, 09:53 AM
...tied to AT&Ts Network.

I'd probably get one too if I could use it with my Sprint account (unlimited data/text, 600 anytime, $35/mo). I'm not switching out of this plan until they pry it from my... I guess I'll just have to slog along with my Moto Q. :P

TAKEDOWN
10-05-2008, 10:19 AM
What kinda service plan options are given?

hot-rauder
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
What kinda service plan options are given?

a service bundle pack was supposedly nessecary, but they said that when i got my blackberry and it wasnt. AT&T is kinda funny with plans, and costs. but thier customer service is bar none IMO