PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe Kimbo Slice lost to a replacement fighter for Ken Shamrock???

Blackmobile
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I can't believe what I just caught wind of. Kimbo Slice got knocked out by the replacement for Ken Shamrock in the Saturday night fight. I looking now for any articles on this but can anybody elaborate on this event?

sd8683
10-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I guess his chin has never been tested, he got rocked by a jab:eek:

Rocknthehawk
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
14 seconds.

sd8683
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGuY-vcV08

freakstatus
10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Funny thing is, he probably would have beat Shamrock....Did you see how useless Shamrock was against Tito?

sd8683
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah it's time for shamrock to hang it up.

sanco
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
good, i am glad! about time someone showed the world what a FAKE slice is. he is absolutely nothing compared to the true MMA fighters. he is a complete disgrace to the sport and about time someone proved that. what does amaze me is that he was undefeated for this long, he needs to dissapear!

how? he charged the guy thinking it was gonna work, slice's opponent used his leg to get distance, and connected to the chin, after that it was done.

sd8683
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
He's actually been beaten before, a boston cop named sean gannon beat his @$$ a few year's back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb1jeg-fgI

TiTo35
10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I tuned into this fight...this was the first Kimbo Slice fight I had ever seen...I heard alot about him but uh...I was HIGHLY disappointed in the 15 seconds I saw... :down:

Cobra25
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know why Ken Shamrock was replaced ?
I can't believe what I just caught wind of. Kimbo Slice got knocked out by the replacement for Ken Shamrock in the Saturday night fight. I looking now for any articles on this but can anybody elaborate on this event?

G-Tac
10-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Slice is a brawler and can hurt you if he connects with a hit, but he has little real skill in martial arts and almost no ground skills. I loved seeing him get KO'd!

freakstatus
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Who would win between Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva, assuming their in the same weight class?...Would be a good one.

sd8683
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I would love to see him matched up with someone who ACTUALLY has skill's, just so people will stop taking him seriously.

How about Fedor emilianenko (sp?) vs kimbo

sd8683
10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Who would win between Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva, assuming their in the same weight class?...Would be a good one.

Anderson silva would destroy st. pierre, nothing against him but I don't he could hang

Blackened300a
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know why Ken Shamrock was replaced ?

Some BS about a cut above his eye that he got when sparring before the fight. Some doctor said he needed 6 stitches and it will affect his eye sight so they pulled him. There is a rumor that Shamrock and Slice werent going to fight anyway and it was done to build up the hype.
It worked on me. I watched the event and was disappointed after 14 seconds.

huot5
10-06-2008, 04:10 PM
He's actually been beaten before, a boston cop named sean gannon beat his @$$ a few year's back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb1jeg-fgI

that Gannon is a tough SOB. he took some wicked punches ( bare Knuckle) and stayed standing. about 5:20 into the fight, I thought they had run out of gas....boy was I wrong......Gannon is as much of a tough guy, with minimal technical fighting ( maybe what he learned in the streets or as Cop) too....at 7:30, the slice was done. he had no more in the tank and Gannon was barely running too.......but I'd give it to Gannon for staying on his feet.

Petruzelli beat him with a real luck hit.....Slice is a street brawler, and no match for a technical fighter whatsoever. that's what the promoters wantd to do after all....to make some money off the hype...

sd8683
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah gannon fought in the UFC after the kimbo fight, he got beat in like 20 seconds, i heard a rumor that gannon was gonna fight the winner of the kimbo/shamrock fight, I have a budy that work's with gannon, I'll have to get the inside scoop.

TAKEDOWN
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah I also love his lack of sportsmanship! I'm glad that fool got rocked!

sluggs
10-07-2008, 07:10 AM
lol Fedor against Kimbo. hell, Arlovski would rip him a new one as well.

SWOOSH
10-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Don't forget, anyone can be KO'd if hit right. Also, it takes time to train for fights, the better you know your opponent, the better chance of victory. Not training for a fighter can end up in results like Kimbo. I think that knee to the face is what really got him intially.

Raudermaster
10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Kimbo is a mean SOB, but when he hits the floor, he can't defend himself like a real MMA fighter, he needs more training. I've been following Kimbo ever since his YouTube backyard brawl tapings. He does tear ***** up though.

sd8683
10-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Kimbo is a mean SOB, but when he hits the floor, he can't defend himself like a real MMA fighter, he needs more training. I've been following Kimbo ever since his YouTube backyard brawl tapings. He does tear ***** up though.

I agree 100% but...... For him to train and be able to compete with the big boys it will take years, these MMA fighters have been training for most of their lives, if you put him up against a standup fighter he'll fair pretty well but against a wrestler or a ju-jitsu fighter, he don't have a chance.