PDA

View Full Version : New Florida Speeding Law

greggash
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
The new law went into effect on October first.

50+ miles over the limit = 1000.00 fine (first offense)

second offense $2500 and a years license suspension

third offense $5000 and ten year license suspension

Now, they say it was first thought of for the ultra fast bikes, mainly to keep both wheels on the ground, then to stop excessive speeding....bikers thought it was singling them out, so they threw in any motor vehicle.

just thought I would put this out as a note about new florida laws

imorb1994
10-08-2008, 04:56 PM
That just further states the fact, track is whrere racing is supposed to happen

Starman
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Now, they say it was first thought of for the ultra fast bikes, mainly to keep both wheels on the ground, then to stop excessive speeding....bikers thought it was singling them out, so they threw in any motor vehicle.

By singling out just bikes, the law would get thrown out as unconstitutional. But we have discussed this where I work and discretion is the word of the day with this law!

All fines have jumped up in price twice this year. Thanks to those unknowing fools who voted in the amendment to get the extra $25,000 exemption on their house taxes. You use to be able to give a fix it ticket for defective equipment and if they fixed it in 30 days it cost between $7-$15, depending on the county. Now it costs almost as much to get it fixed and do it that way as just paying the regular fine

My Agency had to let go 60 Deputies plus support staff because of that amendment getting voted in. Fortunately all those Deputies we let go were able to go to another County and get jobs, at more pay and two big pay raises over the next two years. And we are not getting a pay raise. That happens when you have to cut $26 Million from your budget.

MarauderTJA
10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
The track is the place for all the speed you need. Getting kinda of itchy waiting though. One month from today SSHS8:banana2:.

scruff
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
well folks we have a similar law here in ontario that took place about a year ago ,30mph over the posted speed limit and you get an automatic 7 day roadside drivers lic suspension car towed/ impounded for a week and a fine upto a maximum $10,000 pretty much sucks if you ask me there has been around 7,000 people charged in the last year with a conviction rate of about 45% i belive this draconian law is being challenged by many who believe it is against the charter of rights and freedoms act

Spectragod
10-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, no more picking up cars in Fla., and making a speed run back. I guess I could keep it at 45 Mph over... just to be safe. :D

TAKEDOWN
10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Expensive, you sure don't wanna be a first time offender!

Pat
10-08-2008, 07:09 PM
We are still hiring LEO's in this geographical area.

Don't go fast around here or you will get caught pronto.

However, the local track only charges $10.00 on Test/Tune/Grudge Friday nights for military ID holders (that's me), so I'll be getting my go fast fixes at the 1320 drive through.

Cheers,

Blackmobile
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
There goes my participation in the next Cannon Ball Run. :D

Aren Jay
10-08-2008, 09:43 PM
They should have made it 75 over the limit. That way no Marauder with a Limiter would exceed that amount.

Motorhead350
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Does this count is you do it all in the same year or can you space these offences out and keep getting the first time punishment say if I did it every 2 years???

RF Overlord
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
I have no problem with this law. Anyone doing 50 MPH over the speed limit is an imbecile and a danger to the rest of us. I don't care how good a driver you think you are, the people around you won't be expecting it and that's where the danger is.

Shora
10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
This law is chump change compare to those in Virginia's books.

A business partner of mine got pulled over in Virginia for going 84 in a 55 (right after exiting the bay bridge tunnel).

Yes, he was going too fast but the 55 limit is too low to begin with.

The worst part is that he couldn't just pay a fine. After hiring a lawyer to show up for him (the judge wouldn't hear the case because going 20 over the limit in VA is punishable by up to 6 months in jail. JAIL!!!!).

When he showed up for court, the Judge only gave him a large fine because it was his first driving offense in 17 yrs.

4 people in front of him received jail time (from 4 days-1 month).

I pray that no business venture ever takes me to that f-ed up State.

BTW, this happend this summer.

ghost03
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Where do I send the $$$$$ to. Might as well get it over with :D

2,4shofast
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM

I will PM you my address..... haha

Spectragod
10-09-2008, 06:59 PM

I wonder if paying the fine ahead of time would qualify for a "mod", on the DTR.

TAKEDOWN
10-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Does this count is you do it all in the same year or can you space these offences out and keep getting the first time punishment say if I did it every 2 years???

LOL! Yeah right... you wish Dom!

Bradley G
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Hear in illinois you git to be cop for a day:stupid: :lol: