PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the "beep beep" in TX?

LincMercLover
09-10-2003, 02:24 PM
OK, this is for everyone who's planning on going to TX. I personally have a Nextel cell phone (ya know, the one's with the walkie talkie thing, and I'm not talking about the Verizon copy cat!) and was wondering what everyone else has who's heading down to TX. Weather it be car, bud, plane, train, whatever... it'd be helpful for the group if we did have a number of people with these phones to keep in close contact with one another so we know who's going where, when people are arriving, special events, etc... Plus it'd save for people having to go buy those little short wave radios from Motorola (*cough* sponsor *cough* Logan? *cough*). So, TX people, post your cell companys here!

Logan
09-10-2003, 03:17 PM
I have a nextel too... :)

LincMercLover
09-10-2003, 03:21 PM
See, all the important people have 'em! Now where's everyone else?

Mike M
09-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Whats wrong with the Verizon copy cats? I know its off the subject but I am thinking of getting a Verizon phone with the walkie talkie feature. Have you heard anything good/bad about them???
Thanks
Mike

LincMercLover
09-10-2003, 03:34 PM
My phone before Nextel was a Verizon. Come the end of my contract, they decided they could do whatever they wanted without notifing me. This entailed reducing my plan to 100 anytime and 100 off peak. That didn't last long once I found my phone bills were sky rocketing. I called and asked what happend and they told me all this. So, me being a LITTLE POed, told them to cancel me. Lady tried to offer me a new plan that was like $15 more than what I was paying for the same minutes, plus I'd have to get a new phone which would be at minimum $100. So yah, I told 'em to shove it where the sun don't shine. There service and reception wasn't all the great anyway. Least my Nextel works inside a Wal-Mart!

Mark [N4OGL]
09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
I've also got Nextel, but I'm a little leery of putting the private group call ID on this public forum. Who wants to be the clearing house for this stuff? LML?

LincMercLover
09-10-2003, 04:28 PM
That's cool. I'll gather all Nextel ID numbers and there users and send out a list to those users. Just PM me or e-mail me at My79TownCoupe@aol.com.

martyo
09-10-2003, 04:48 PM
No Nextel here. I have a million miuntes a month on Verizon. Here is my cell: 914-582-6262. Feel free to make prank calls if that gets ya goin'.

bugsys03
09-10-2003, 05:02 PM
:cool:- what do you bet that number will be changed before you get to tx?

Mikeenh
09-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Send your info to MM03MOK. Mary has an Excel data base with names, addresses,phone #'s etc. The only ones that get this info are the ones that send it to her. No national broadcast.
THANK YOU MARY!! :D

SergntMac
09-10-2003, 07:05 PM
I have cellular service with Cingular Nationwide, which was once known as CellOne in the Chicagoland area. It's a corporate account I cannot change, and a simple digital phone. I know I'm not compatabile with the more up to date systems available today, and mentioned here, so, forget that.

I will have a FRS/GMRS hand-held with me, the hailing/paging freq/channel for this type of communications is to be decided upon later, but before we launch. (Mark? numbers again?)

In any event, "hey, azzhole" will turn my head. It was my first wife's pet name...Go figure.

TooManyFords
09-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Not sure, but I *think* I can now make it!

My Nextel pager ID is 191*103*7366

Coming from CF IA so I need to study all the material on here now so I can join a traveling group on down.

Cheeers!

PS: Hope I can score some upgrades to my MM down there! :D

Logan
09-11-2003, 06:09 AM
The FRS Channel we'll be using will be included in the welcome packet. :)