PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of a Circuit City Employee / ask me anything

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I request this be reposted nowhere and this stays in here.
So, what happens at a circuit city on a Saturday?

Lead tech called customers supposedly on friday, today we have angry customers without fixed laptops. New guy has to haul ass to fix things, halfway my partner gets called out on a in home and get cought calling india for a majority of the day. I leave 2.5 hours late for the day ultimately because of that.

My direct boss tells me to Chill the **** out after getting a bit rattled with the one customer throwing threats, getting 5 different directions by different people and having a workload of around 10 computers to get out soon. There is a man waiting for his new computer and that and *******thatmybosstoldwouldbedo netodays computer is getting worked on FAST.

Sunday:
I have to go in at 9am for a store meeting. Not cool considering the fact that the tech boss didnt even show up and i drove ****in 22 CITY miles. I got some hours outta the deal. I was told to do E-Learnings and did a few till i went out to the tech bench and saw they were packed. I finally worked there for a while and all went well. After this, I got 555ed (store intercom). The thing is, I know better so they said there was a customer on the phone and nailed me. I ended up getting her back by saying "Attention all customers, there is someone going through our store imitating a cirucit city employee, She is wearing nametags with the name BECKY, please get a associate if you spot this person. Thank you. "

That caused MASSIVE lulz from the crew.

After this, i started to hear THIS song (pretty loud at that) on the radio thing in the store that has a sirius unit behind it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQB8...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WQB85PkUuU&feature=related)
Dont mind the horrible video.

Anyway, after that happened, the channel got changed to bluegrass. Massive lulz occured. 20 mins after that it was put on bbc radio.

Ended up leaving after getting too tired to be productive thanks to 3 hours of sleep and I was unscheduled that day.

GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE>

So, im free tonight and bored, so ask me anything?

Aren Jay
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
10 computers a day isn't much.

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:19 PM
10 computers a day isn't much.
10 computers in 3 hours is a bit.

Rocknthehawk
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
10 computers in 3 hours is a bit.

D1CC could do it blindfolded with no hands.

upside down.

KillJoy
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
10 PCs to a compotent Tech is < 2 hrs.

Sorry......

KillJoy

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:25 PM
10 PCs to a compotent Tech is < 2 hrs.

Sorry......

KillJoy
Yeah, i got 4 KVM ports and most were virus removals on outdated rigs that are slow and these things have only 50% of my attention.

KillJoy
10-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, i got 4 KVMs and most were virus removals on outdated rigs that are slow.

Then you obviously fail and need to learn how to manage time.

:beer:

KillJoy

KillJoy
10-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Wow.... nice ninja edit :rolleyes:

KillJoy

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow.... nice ninja edit :rolleyes:

KillJoy

Lol, 4 ports. My bad. Yeah, its not about managing time, its more of try dealing with a 1 gig vista machine or a 256 celeron for virus removal and spyware removal.

KillJoy
10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Lol, 4 ports. My bad. Yeah, its not about managing time, its more of try dealing with a 1 gig vista machine or a 256 celeron for virus removal and spyware removal.

That is why you have spare DIMMS to install in just box's.

/Thread

KillJoy

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
True, but you honestly think that cirucit city would spare the money for us to do that? Nope, that would cost too much.

Black_Noise
10-12-2008, 06:43 PM
you everseen the movie "waiting"

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 06:50 PM
No Sir. Never saw the movie.

Black_Noise
10-12-2008, 06:52 PM
u should watch... sounds like your day

TiTo35
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Dont watch WAITING...unless you are prepared to do everything for yourself...from here on out...

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
u should watch... sounds like your day
The amazing thing is my boss told me i need to chill and not work as hard otherwise im gonna give myself a heart attack by the time im 20.

justbob
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
sounds like you had a case of the mondays! Hay try fixing poopy pipes, you'll go running back to CC. Hay Ryan hook me up with a new sound system "off the truck"!

cvpiftw
10-12-2008, 08:22 PM
sounds like you had a case of the mondays! Hay try fixing poopy pipes, you'll go running back to CC. Hay Ryan hook me up with a new sound system "off the truck"!
YGPM

As well, Poopy pipes you use a mask and get 100 bucks a hour to clean lol.

A

justbob
10-12-2008, 08:24 PM
no its a $120 bucks an hour:D for the boss :mad:and masks are for:baby:

Mike Poore
10-13-2008, 03:09 AM
True, but you honestly think that cirucit city would spare the money for us to do that? Nope, that would cost too much.

Their reputation for being NUTSCITY precedes them. I know a guy who, in the old days, was required to turn in the parts from repaired circuit boards. OK, no problem. Later he noticed a high failure rate on replacement components, capacitors, resistors, diodes, and transistors, so he started marking them with magic marker dots. Sure, enough, they were recycling them back to him. From that point on, they got sent in with their teeny little legs removed, or smashed flat. :D

TAKEDOWN
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
We ain't nothin but mammals!

sanco
10-13-2008, 02:20 PM
ewwwww circuit shiytty
that place is still in business?

have fun in that retail hell hole, im glad i got the hell out of best buy, im too old to put up with their bullshyit