PDA

View Full Version : Marauderman Loses Stablemate--A Sad Day!!

Marauderman
10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
As most of you know I recently posted my stable of cars and it contained a
"97 T-Bird , the MM of course and the '02 F-150,, out in front of the house......

Anyway--this morning Ms. M on here way downtown in her beloved T-Bird--the one she took 3 years to find and 12 years to keep garaged and with only 52K n the clock, got Totaled ----Pics will be forth coming but not today--
Ms. M is alright but the T-Bird did its job and saved her --it took a full front -sliding hit at 70-MPH into the center concrete wall on the interstate and turned around and kissed the wall on the right rear and the shot her across three lanes of traffic into the woods...she hit a passing car just barely on its right rear breaking its light and put cratches on its left bumber--that car was also 12 years old.....anyway its been along day and even worst I did not have collision insur. on it due to its age...so I lose car completely unless I can sell it----what was maybe 2.5K this morning is about 500 know--and I owe for towing and storage till it is sold--may just park it in rear of house......once out of storage lot--must decide quicky in a few days for sure--

We are know without her ride/car and no $$ for her car--I am stuck with the tow and storage bill until I sell it--ANY ONE WANT 97 T-BIRD WITH FRONT END DAMAGE--MOTOR AND ALL OTHER IS somwhat PERFECT...EXCEPT FOR RIGHT REAR-- pics will show you.....its really ok --except for lense...

I am tired and sad..if only I had some $$..this would be a perfect rebuild car

We have lost one of our family mates...........so much our MM has sat herself at a 45 degree angel in the garage --next to her old mate--to show respect-

I suggest this be the way in the furure for simlilar cases--hopefully you will agree---when pics are up---tomorrow----it really is SAD!!!--BUT MOM IS OK__except for alot of bruses--More later--Tom

ImpalaSlayer
10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
sorry to hear that man. glad shes ok thoguht. now you can just buy her another mm :D

Black_Noise
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
sounds like a hell of a ride, good to hear nobody got hurt

MeadeRaudeR
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Glad to hear she's ok, darn lucky I would say. Helluva car protecting the lady like that...

Blackmobile
10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm glad that Mrs. M is ok, and sorry that Mr. T--Bird didn't make it. I remember when my other half started driving with her 79 T-Bird, the car was the only thing that gave me confort for her safety... She just said she misses it..

Ed

Marauderman
10-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks all--it was a day for sure--am glad it is over---just finished pizza --all we had to day --a long time from 7am-----not sure Ms. M wants an MM--prolly something else--maybe a lucky find like Jim in Fla years ago--another 97 Bird--well taken care of--Hey --if anyone sees one--holler up---
meanwhile --anyone know of a salvage dealer or one who wants a nice bird for a re-build--cheap--.....

GordonB
10-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Tom,
Take care of your wife, car can wait. In a few days your wife will be really sore, all over. Have checked out by a doctor. Ask me how I know; hint: '84 Olds 98 t-boned and resurrected -- wifey lived and only got wracked up in her back!
GordonB

UncleLar
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
First,I'm glad Mrs.M is okay,as nice as the car was it is still only sheet metal and not flesh and blood.
If this had happened about 3 months ago my best friend in KS. would've grabbed it to replace the engine in my former 96 Cougar XR7 Bostonian,the original engine suffered some damage when an oil line let go and it ran dry for some time before he could safely pull off a shoulder on a crowded Interstate.
Are you or the Mrs. a member at TCCoA? If so try listing it there or check for a nice Bird with a puked motor. If you can't find one try listing the car at CrownVic.net,with only 52K miles I'm sure someone will snap it up at one of those sites.
Heck,with the engine ,trans and rear end you could build a decent rat rod if you have room and some spare time.

TAKEDOWN
10-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Awww mAn! That SUCKS!!! I'm glad to hear no one was hurt, for the car... well, what can you say. Better the car then her.

FordNut
10-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Sorry to hear of the loss, but fortunately it provided protection for the Ms. Start the search for a replacement, you may get lucky and find an even better one.

Marauderman
10-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Once again , thanks for all your responses--it does make one feel better--

.....as to the engine tranny and rear--I feel pretty sure they are worth taking---if someone could--I don't have a place to store nor take it apart---...they would be great parts for anyone---...

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Dang, man!

Glad to hear the Ms. is okay; I know how you feel, been there myself with the Mrs. and my DTR.

Will look forward to seeing you guys next weekend to talk more about it.

TiTo35
10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
That car can be replaced...
From what I read your wife was in good hands during all that...

Post up some pics and start parting her out... :twocents:

jgc61sr2002
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi Tom - Glad to hear your wife is OK.:D
Sorry about here ride.

Marauderman
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
post up some pics and start parting her out... :twocents:

pics are up in separate thread--same title--