PDA

View Full Version : I am on my way to Ennis....Sort of

martyo
09-11-2003, 11:09 AM
This morning my car was loaded on a trailer and is now enroute to Texas. The car will be arriving on Monday (I guess I will be the first out-of-towner to get his car to Texas!!). I will arrive on Thursday night (I can't wait!!) and a good friend will be holding onto my car until then.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

BTW: Notice that the trailer driver took his shoes off before he got in my car to drive it into his rig!! And, he did that without my asking. Those are his shoes on the left side of the ramp. Cool, eh?

Mikeenh
09-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Marty....did you measure how much rubber is on the Rear tires before it left ? :burnout: :banana2: :eek: :burnout: :eek:

Bigdogjim
09-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey Marty: If you get :alone: this weekend you can come down and help me wax my MM again. :banana: :banana2:

Zack
09-11-2003, 11:54 AM
That will be the best mpg your car will ever see!!

jefferson-mo
09-11-2003, 12:33 PM
Ok Ok............................ ..how does he get out of the car once it's in the trailer??????

Duke style??????:lol:

Walks across the roof?????

Rides in there all the way to Texas?????

check your seat covers when you get there:uzi:

WolfeBros
09-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Thats great he took his shoes off......but whatta bout that nasty sock smell soaking into the Nudo leather ??? :nono:

:lol:

Car looks great BTW

martyo
09-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo
Ok Ok............................ ..how does he get out of the car once it's in the trailer??????

check your seat covers when you get there:uzi:

That's why he took off his shoes! He gets in and out Duke style!! This guy (and his wife) seemed pretty professional about the way they handle the cars they transport (you can't see the car in front of mine -- inside the trailer -- it's an Austin Healey).

the fat bastid
09-11-2003, 02:50 PM
a conversation i had with a friend who was getting his trans-am shipped up from texas.

"you know they are prolly doing donuts in a parking lot with it right now"

"ya but...ya, they are"

heh

Mikeenh
09-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Things you don't want to find when you pick up your car:

1/4 mile time slips

His wife's hair in the back seat

Any drive through wrappers under the seat

Any type of 1st 2nd or 3rd place trophy

Feet prints on the inside of your windshield

A note that says "You sure bought a nice car Harry"

A crumpled up speeding ticket

An empty tank of gas

A non Zaino wax smear

I'm sure your car is just fine Marty.....Yup, I'm sure it's just fine

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :alone:

martyo
09-11-2003, 03:05 PM
I will know if he drives it (more than just off the truck) and I will know how he drives it (more than just off the truck). I track the car's usage, so nothing gets by me.

But, hey, thanks for easing my mind as my boy travels away. Sure helped get the butterflies out of my stomach. You guys are just "great" friends. No, really, I mean it. Yeah, right.

Racerx88
09-11-2003, 03:24 PM
I think cruzer is already contacting us North Texas guys to go cruising on Tuesday night. Anybody else wanna go? We'll take REAL good care of the car Martyo! LOL :banana2:

jgc61sr2002
09-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jefferson-mo

check your seat covers when you get there:uzi: Very carefully:D

martyo
09-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, as you see, my Marauder made it to Texas and is now safe sound thanks to one of my brother MM owners.

I am so psyched to get to Texas. I can't wait to leave. I even booked and earlier flight. I now arrive at the same time as Bob, Mary and Rick.

UncleLar
09-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Oh boy,Ferris Bueler's Day Off in Texas tomorrow!

Marauder57
09-15-2003, 04:29 PM
MartyO,

It looks like you have a MM prototype the way that thing is all wrapped up!

Have a great time!

Mikeenh
09-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Looks like a crime scene to me.....I hope they release your car before you have to fly home.
What went on while your car was in transit ???? :lol:

CRUZTAKER
09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
I can just imagine the nervousness while it was still in transit.....do they like call you along the way and check in?

Or does one merely sit tight, sweat it, and count on the reassuring input from your friends?

Nice job though on the tranport problem....see ya there!

-Barry

martyo
09-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
I can just imagine the nervousness while it was still in transit.....do they like call you along the way and check in?

Or does one merely sit tight, sweat it, and count on the reassuring input from your friends?

Nice job though on the transport problem....see ya there!

-Barry

Yeah, reassuring words from my good friends around here. Yeah......

They gave me some "in transit" feedback. All in all, I was very satisfied with the service.

Yep, everything came together on the transport issue. In that regard, I must say that Maury (cruzer) really helped me bring this together in terms of the logistics of where the car would land in Texas. Likewise, he will help me get it back off the run way for its trip home. Can't beat service like that from a guy I never met. Kind of helped restore the way we should feel about people.

I can't say it enough: Thanks Maury!!!!

TAF
09-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by martyo
from a guy I never met. Kind of helped restore the way we should feel about people.

You haven't met ME yet...but every PM I get from you starts...
"Hey Nudnik!"

cruzer
09-15-2003, 08:23 PM
The yellow tape is to remind my kids and grandkids to KEEP AWAY--fool with Papa's, but don't touch Marty's Marauder. The transporters were great and we enjoyed visiting with them---don't worry, Marty--the speedo checks out--can't wait for you to have your boy on your way to M'ville--see you Day after tomorrow--boy, that sounds good, Maury

martyo
09-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by TAF
"Hey Nudnik!"

Ummm, it takes one to know one....

RCSignals
09-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by TAF
"Hey Nudnik!"

Man, that just goes to show how close we all are. Isn't it great? :)

dwasson
09-17-2003, 11:20 AM
The yellow tape is to remind my kids and grandkids to KEEP AWAY--fool with Papa's, but don't touch Marty's Marauder.

I thought it was like "Sanitized for your protection"

gonzo50
09-17-2003, 11:42 AM
You have a safe trip martyo, enjoy and have fun like never before. :banana: :beer: :D

martyo
09-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by gonzo50
You have a safe trip martyo, enjoy and have fun like never before. :banana: :beer: :D

Trust me, I intend to. Thanks for the well wishes.

I booked an earlier flight and leave NY tomorrow at 12:30 and arrive at DFW at about 2:30.

Can't wait!!!

RF Overlord
09-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by dwasson
I thought it was like "Sanitized for your protection"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HEH...