PDA

View Full Version : Ford Canada wants everyone to buy from Toyota.

Aren Jay
10-20-2008, 01:51 AM

liquid
10-20-2008, 03:51 AM
Your headline makes it sound like the review came from Ford Canada.

Anyway, what is the Toyota comparator model that gave you such a huge price gap? Did you load it with all the options that the Flex has? Otherwise you are not apples-to-apples here. I compared (http://www.moldyrabbit.com/liquid/img/flex-sienna.pdf)the top-end Flex to the top-end Sienna--and MSRP is nearly the same, for nearly the same content. Then consider that the Flex is designed and built in North America, and has great ride & handling (with 255/45R20's available!), and ask if it's really worth Ford-bashing on a Ford-oriented site...

I'm not saying Ford has nothing to get bashed about, but the Flex only seems expensive because it doesn't look like all the other minivans out there.

Marawder
10-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Exactly. Consider that the base price for a Flex here in Canada is $34,999 and there is a $2,500 delivery credit, you're looking at a start of $32,499 - and that's based on MSRP, so figure you can get at least another $500-750 off that and you're under $32K. That's a far cry from $51K. I haven't seen the article, but my guess it's a fully jammed AWD Limited - which is usually what Press Fleet vehicles are, in order for the Manufacturers to showcase the goodies available.

Aren Jay
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM