PDA

View Full Version : Supersharger Cost$

Rob1559
09-11-2003, 07:40 PM
How much should I plan on saving to go the Supercharger route?
With the different installers available, who has the best bang for the buck?
Most HP?

Zack
09-11-2003, 07:44 PM

bigslim
09-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Trilogy has a nice package. It is about five grand for the kit. It adds about 110 hp. On a good day it will turn flat 13's. Best time I know of is 12.90. they have a link on the home page.

MI2QWK4U
09-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Minor corrections on the Trilogy setup. Its closer to 150 on the HP at the rear wheel. Bone stock, my Marauder put down 243 RWHP, after the supercharger was installed, with no other modifications, it put down 387 RWHP. Slim is right, on a good day with a decent track you will run 13's all day long, if the track is really hooking up, you can expect to run as low as 12.6, I think thats the best Lidio did with the first Trilogy car with STOCK TIRES at Norwalk Dragstrip earlier this year. Just be sure to know what you are getting with a kit, and that when looking at a kit, find out what other mods are on the car. My Marauder only has the Blower and necessary accessories...thats it...nothing else. NO rear end 410 gears, no special spark plugs, no new thermostat, no exhaust upgrades, no headers, no muffler upgrades, no different torque converter. Now, compare the price of those upgrades alone, with a simple bolt on kit that will give you results like the ones I have experienced.
I think the Trilogy setup is a good starting point. I have almost 400 RWHP now, and I plan on trying out a new pully for the blower that will put me well over 400 RWHP at 10.5 pounds of boost tuned conservatively.
Now, I will experiment with other mods next year, most likely 410 gears and some exhaust work. That will just compliment what I have done already if I feel the need to push more that 400-410 HP.
There are good choices in superchargers, just do your research and find out which one suits your style of driving. I love mine because my kick in the pants is fast and immediate. I think 4 or 5 guys from this forum have driven mine, and each one was floored by the response of the big car. I dont plan on running mine up to 140mph to appreciate the superchargers power, rather i like my power off the line for light to light racing up to 60 mph or so. If you have any questions, email or private message me and i will be happy to tell you what i know.

Now for the cost of the kits... I cant answer for anyone elses kit, but expect to pay $5,500 flat for the kit from Trilogy, the first few kits that were preordered, including mine, was $5,000. That will include EVERYTHING you need for installation. As for a warranty on the blower and parts in the kit you would have to ask Jerry Barnes. For installation you can expect a shop to take 16-20 hours to put it on. I did some of my own work so mine wasnt quite that number, but I payed around $1500.

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
I can have a turn key kit to your door in one week.
For 7995.00 plus shipping with a safe proven 430 RWHP. A picture is worth a thousand words.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mauarder002f.jpg

Call me any time, I will be glad to answer any of your questions.

Menace
09-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Does that include install ? :(

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
I can have a turn key kit to your door in one week.

thats the beauty you can do it your self

Menace
09-12-2003, 05:41 PM
:nono:

bigslim
09-12-2003, 07:05 PM
On thing I like about the Trilogy supercharger is the it looks under the hood. It is some really nice packaging. Take a look for yourself.

Menace
09-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Trilogy kit $5,500 TURN KEY KIT TO YOUR DOOR. :P

Menace
09-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Dennis, I'm not trying to put down your kit. It is awesome! I am just trying to say that for the difference in horsepower the Trilogy kit is a better value and is just as if not more efficient. JMO

Dennis Reinhart
09-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Well I think it looks great, both kits are awsome. I only posted to get a fair and ballanced review here. I never knew the kit was a turn key kit, and by that I mean that it can be installed at home and you install a chip or a flashed EEC, and turn the key and safely drive away. So again I think both kits have pluses, I am looking forward to seeing it up close and running at Ennis I think we will all have a blast.

TAF
09-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
I am looking forward to seeing it up close and running at Ennis I think we will all have a blast.

We get to "line 'em up...and size 'em ALL up" in Marauderville:banana2:

I'm just hopin keys won't be hard to come by:alone:

martyo
09-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by TAF
I'm just hopin keys won't be hard to come by:alone:

Tell the truth: You are just hoping that your wife let's you go to Texas!

TAF
09-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Tell the truth: You are just hoping that your wife let's you go to Texas!

Oh...I can go....

It's just whether I can come home :lol:

I figure...she can change the locks...but the HomeLink in the Marauder will get me back in...at least to the garage:D

Rat
09-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Does the fuel pump and injectors have to be changed on both of the kits? Dennis and Triology? Or is that an option. Don't want to get into dropping a fuel tank.
Not many shops in this area unless I go to the Ford Dealership. If all of the work is topside might try it myself. 1250 miles to Florida and about 900 to go North.

Bob

Dennis Reinhart
09-13-2003, 10:37 AM
yes both kits req. larger injectors and upgraded fuel pump again two members here have bought my kit and installed it at home and it went flawlessly, and the tank does not need to be removed with my pump upgrade