PDA

View Full Version : Just so everyone knows....

O's Fan Rich
10-22-2008, 12:42 PM
I am NOT a vendor so do as you wish with this.

I am working on getting door sill plates made.
I dropped a sample set off at a machinist friend/customer today.

Here's my post from MCM so No onecan say I'm "partial":

Keep in mind guy's; neither me or my friend/customer here are car parts guys. We are NOT in the business of manufacturing car parts. He's a machinist and I am a Security Sales Professional. This may take some time to complete.
He DOES NOT want to be identified, as he in NO WAY wants to get calls from individuals about making stuff, even things he's already made.
I will be handling the coordination, the orders, the money, and the shipping.
I plan on this being a major PITA for me, but I am willing to do it as there looks like alot of interest for the parts.
OH, and I want them!

Here's my plan:
He's going to run off a sample for me to show to you. ( btw, he said his machining will be much smoother than the samples Jim gave me, and I believe it)
Give pricing.
I'll give it a few days to sink in and get comments.
I will open then up an order process through PayPal. Checks ( God help the person who would send me a bad one) and money orders I'll take too.

I'll keep the order process open for a couple of weeks so BOTH sites can get have some time.
After the order process is closed, I'll wait a week for the $ to come in.

Once that week has passed, my guy will make the sills for the ordered and paid for units. No payment, no sills.

I'll then ship them out.

So, if you cannot be patient, this may not be the deal for you. You also will need to trust me. I'll have your money, and you won't have a speedy turn around. If you can't, I'm sorry, don't order them.

If this round goes through with minimal hassle... I might even do it again.
If it's a major burden, it'll be a once and done thing.

Zack
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Should have waited until you had pics to post this.

O's Fan Rich
10-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Should have waited until you had pics to post this.

Nah.... I've already started "over there" and didn't want to hear anything about not doing it here too.

It'll be a spell until I have pics....
But one thing I do know for sure..... I'll get mine!:banana:

Local Boy
10-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm very interested...

ALOHA

MM03MOK
10-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Wes and Daniel, who as you know, are both vendors here and are also working on door sill plates. In the past, you or your machinist would need to become a hobby vendor, which means making an annual donation to the website. As long as you're not duplicating what Wes and Daniel are working on, while we better define "hobby vendor," you're OK.

Haggis
10-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Here's my post from MCM so No one (haggis) can say I'm "partial"

Do what you want Rich, why should I care.

O's Fan Rich
10-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Do what you want Rich, why should I care.

I pm'd you Gordon.
No ill will meant... trying to be humorous.

Guess it was not to you.
I'm sorry for that.

O's Fan Rich
10-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Wes and Daniel, who as you know, are both vendors here and are also working on door sill plates. In the past, you or your machinist would need to become a hobby vendor, which means making an annual donation to the website. As long as you're not duplicating what Wes and Daniel are working on, while we better define "hobby vendor," you're OK.

Mary, I have no idea what final product they will have. If they want to let me know, that's fine.
As for the hobby vendor thing, pm me the details as it'd be an added cost to include in the pricing of the units.

Let me add that I started a post well over a year ago over there and it got resurrected by someone and this sprang from that. So it had nothing to do with Daniel or Wes's efforts.

Hotrauder
10-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Daniel, you know I love him and my car is full of his stuff but he is doing nothing related to us anymore to the point that I have never received the coil covers I won at the MV4 raffle. No conflict there. Wes, another great guy and he talked about them some time ago, no progess posted that I have seen. I hope that this is not going to be another "header" into the swamp as Rich has no financial interest in this. He is having some made for his car and is willing to do the work to help other members. Why is every fellow member service initiative of this type treated as tho someone is looking for a free trolly ride? Dennis

MM03MOK
10-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Daniel, you know I love him and my car is full of his stuff but he is doing nothing related to us anymore to the point that I have never received the coil covers I won at the MV4 raffle. No conflict there. Wes, another great guy and he talked about them some time ago, no progess posted that I have seen. I hope that this is not going to be another "header" into the swamp as Rich has no financial interest in this. He is having some made for his car and is willing to do the work to help other members. Why is every fellow member service initiative of this type treated as tho someone is looking for a free trolly ride? Dennis
Dennis - Daniel continues to be on board as a vendor here. Please take your MV4 raffle issue off-line with me and I'll contact Daniel. PM or email is fine. Rich and I have discussed this. All we're looking to do is have a level playing field for vendors and hobby vendors. Thanks for your input.

O's Fan Rich
10-23-2008, 08:26 AM

It's cool D.
I'm good with what I need to do.
I won't let this go bad.... I promise!

rayjay
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm interested. My DTR will be going into hibernation shortly so time is not a factor for me.

Haggis
10-23-2008, 09:39 AM
It's cool D.
I'm good with what I need to do.
I won't let this go bad.... I promise!

Rich, way to go for the Marauder owners since the previous vendor is MIA. :up:

magindat
10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Rich, this is really cool of you to do. Take it from me. It WILL be hard work. It WILL be largely thanksless. In the end, it WILL have been a blast and make you feel like a million bucks when you see others at meets with your work!

offroadkarter
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Wes, another great guy and he talked about them some time ago, no progess posted that I have seen.

About a week ago, he put up a post saying that the guy was making the prototype.

ImpalaSlayer
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
hope i got enough bread when these are made, me want