PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Black Bart!

Ms. Denmark
10-22-2008, 02:41 PM
How's everything in your beautiful neck of the woods? Would love to drive the Marauder over Highway 17! First, I guess I'll have to drive it out to California. Maybe one of these days! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!

Black bart
10-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi Ho Paula:

Thanks for the Birthday greetings:

Weather is just great and the MM is a joy to drive… I pamper her with loving care and every so often give the BMWs and Mercedes a lesson in American Muscle cars in the commute over the hill!

Have a set of 4:10 gears along with the shim kits in the garage. Just purchased an aluminum rear end cradle as well but have been reticent in installing the gears.

I just like the MM’s RPM range running at 75 to 80 MPH. The engine just loafs along but when I hit the gas it just leaps outs and I’m over the century mark in a blink of an eye!

Gas mileage is steady at 20.4 mpg which is a plus at the moment but not really that important to me.

Giving some thought to installing an intake manifold spacer and the head water-cooling kit as well. What do you think?

Oh yeah. Did have the front end realigned per the specs given by one of the MM folks here…it seems to eliminated the tire’s outer tread wear.

That’s about it for now.

So what’s up with you and your ride? Any special treatment planned for your vehicles for the winter?

Take care

fred
;)

Bigdogjim
10-23-2008, 09:27 AM
All the best! :party:

TiTo35
10-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Happy birthday!!!

Ms. Denmark
10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Just planning to put my new ( to me) snow tires on. Spent last weekend with 14 other Marauders (and their people) out in Gettysburg. Now I want a new exhaust system! Several have awesome sounding cars.;) Glad to hear you're enjoying the Marauding Life. Here's to lot's more where that came from! :beer:

TAKEDOWN
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
HaPpPY BURrRfFfd@Y!!!!

oldekid
10-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Happy birthday Black bart! I guess we share a common day. I hope your's was as good as mine.

:beer:

Black bart
10-24-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the Birthday salutations.

Given all my past life experiences am constantly amazed to wake up still kicking! Soooo since I had to go into the office I did play a little harder with the MM than normal going over the "Hill" much to the dismay of a couple of Bimmers.

Other than that spent a quite evening but tonight, dinner with the wife at Shadow Brook located on Capitola beach!

PS:

Am not driving…hint hint

John “oldkid” am sure that we have shared quite a bit of like experiences.

Some time if I can figure out the how to…will post some of the hot rods I build and raced. How about you?

See Ya

fred

Ms. Denmark
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Shadow Brook. Brings back some great memories! Enjoy!

Black bart
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you...will toast one for you.

fred

oldekid
10-24-2008, 05:53 PM
John “oldkid” am sure that we have shared quite a bit of like experiences.

Some time if I can figure out the how to…will post some of the hot rods I build and raced. How about you?

See Ya

fredFred, I'm not much of a "builder" of hot rods. That would be my brother. I'm sure however, that there are several people on here, including myself that would be happy to help you post some pictures.
:beer: