PDA

View Full Version : Insert your chili recipe here

Black_Noise
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I made chili yesterday, its that time of year.
OH SO GOOD!!

I start with 2 lbs of ground beef, fry in a pan with 1-2 tablespoons of vegatable oil, season with salt and pepper. When browned put in crock pot.

Slice half a yellow onion and dice the other half (so there is small pieces and rings) and dice 1 green pepper, fry together in a pan with butter and a splash of wine, fry till onion are soft and brown.

put into crock pot with ground beef.

Empty 1 can (14 oz) of stewed tomatoes in crock pot
Empty 1 can (10+ oz)of diced tomatoes into crock pot
Empty 2 (10 oz) cans of "chili no beans" into crock pot
Empty 1 package of instant chedder rice (the small side dish pouches) into crock pot

Cut up around 10 half inch cubes of velveta, place in crock pot.

Add 1 cup of water.

Still together well, keep crock pot on high for 1 1/2 - 2 hr or until hot.

Serves 4+

Enjoy!!

Whats yours?

Blk Mamba
10-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm not giving away my chili recipe, are you kidding.

Black_Noise
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Ive got others too, but whats the difference, Give out something others can make and enjoy

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I have been told I am not allowed.

I will say, it involves 3 different meats, onion, green pepers, tomatos, garlic and 5 different types of beans, and a BOATLOAD of spices and it takes about 8-10 hours to cook.

:up:

KillJoy

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Ive got others too, but whats the difference, Give out something others can make and enjoy

How about this one:

http://www.hormelfoods.com/ASSETS/56DBAB1307E44D1381C349ED096E9A 64/HormelChili_1.jpg

:dunno:

:D

KillJoy

Black_Noise
10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
man, you guys are selfish

Blk Mamba
10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Chili cook-off contest. Need I say more.

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
man, you guys are selfish

I think, to some, chili recipies are VERY near and DEAR their hearts. MUCH like Becky's (Zack's Becky) Mac and Cheese recipe.

:beer:

KillJoy

TooManyFords
10-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Here's mine:

Get a big simmer pot on the stove. (6qt or bigger)
Take 2lb of lean ground beef and brown it in the pot.
Add 1/4 cup water
Add 2 packets of Frenchs Chili'O Mix with onion and stir till it is thick.
Add 2 64oz bottles of V8 Hot tomato juice.
Open 4 cans of Dark Red beans and add to the pot. (sometimes I use 6)
Dice up half an onion and throw it in.
And finally, 1 cup of Pace Picante Medium Salsa.

Simmer for 2-3 hours and feeds LOTS.

Note: tastes better the more times it is refrigerated and reheated. Usually lasts 3-4 days around here.

Recommended Side: Peanut butter sandwiches to dip in bowl.

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Note: tastes better the more times it is refrigerated and reheated. Usually lasts 3-4 days around here.

You know, it's funny you mention that..... mine ALWAYS seems better on day 2!

KillJoy

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
RECIPIES (http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=chi li&fnSearchType=site)!!!!!

KillJoy

Blk Mamba
10-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Just had some last night, the wife made last Fri., oh was that good.

Jimimac43
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Each and every one of my recipes start with "Steal two chickens"! If you you want the chili recipe let me know.

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Each and every one of my recipes start with "Steal two chickens"! If you you want the chili recipe let me know.

ONLY chicken?

???

KillJoy

Black_Noise
10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Here's mine:

Get a big simmer pot on the stove. (6qt or bigger)
Take 2lb of lean ground beef and brown it in the pot.
Add 1/4 cup water
Add 2 packets of Frenchs Chili'O Mix with onion and stir till it is thick.
Add 2 64oz bottles of V8 Hot tomato juice.
Open 4 cans of Dark Red beans and add to the pot. (sometimes I use 6)
Dice up half an onion and throw it in.
And finally, 1 cup of Pace Picante Medium Salsa.

Simmer for 2-3 hours and feeds LOTS.

Recommended Side: Peanut butter sandwiches to dip in bowl.

sounds good, thanks

Jimimac43
10-26-2008, 01:23 PM
that is the start of all my recipes. If you don't need the chickens , you can trade for what is needed!!!! It's a joke Killjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FordNut
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Ground beef
Steak and chicken, sliced into cubes
Onion, chopped
Green pepper, chopped
Fresh hot peppers (habaneros, serranos, etc), some chopped, some whole
Pickled hot peppers (jalapenos), chopped
Pickled hot garlic, chopped
Celery, chopped
Corn (niblets)
Kidney beans
Black beans
Pinto beans
Tomatillos, chopped
Stewed tomatoes
Chopped tomatoes
Tomato sauce
Chili powder
Ground cumin
Cilantro
Salt
Black pepper

Simmer a long time

Black_Noise
10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
sounds spicy

TAKEDOWN
10-26-2008, 02:08 PM
You know my wife makes a Hawaiian version and BoY... is it good, but the problem is she won't tell me. Maybe Local Boy can give us a hint on what makes it a little different.

KillJoy
10-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Hawiian Chili..... hmmmmm...... sounds "ethnic"

KillJoy

Black Dynamite
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
i'm not giving away my chili recipe, are you kidding.

^^^^+1^^^^ :d

justbob
10-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Hormel hot with or without beans + 4 taco bell fire sauce Packets

1. Use can opener
2. Pour into bowl
3. Microwave two minutes
4. Eat with bread
5. Stay near bathroom for about 35-45 minutes.

oldekid
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Hormel hot with or without beans + 4 taco bell fire sauce Packets

1. Use can opener
2. Pour into bowl
3. Microwave two minutes
4. Eat with bread
5. Stay near bathroom for about 35-45 minutes.Now that is an honest man.

Vortech347
10-26-2008, 11:06 PM
We start with 2lbs of sirloin steak. As for the rest I dunno, my wife does it. I just cut the meat.

baltimoremm
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
2 lbs ground sirloin cooked/drained
1 large can dark red kidney beans, drained
2 cans organic diced tomatoes (12-14oz) drained
2 cans organic whole tomatoes (12-14oz) drained
1 small can tomato paste (6oz)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup jalepeno chopped
1/4 tsp chipotle pepper (more/less to taste)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more/less to taste)
1/4 tsp chili powder (more/less to taste)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp of sugar
dash of black/red pepper/oregano/basil

dump in crock pot (it will fit, trust me), cook on high 2-3 hours (low 5 hours)
top with cheddar and serve w/ cornbread

baltimoremm
10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
by the way, this thread got me in the chili mood, so i had to make some tonight! i'll probably start regretting it around 3am

Windsor58
10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
anybody got a good Texas Red recipe?
No beans (I'm smelly enough - trust me on that one), no veggies, just meat, chilies and seasoning. I've been looking for a good recipe for a while, now. Guess I might have to make one up. Problem in my house is that I like things spicy, but CINCHOUSE doesn't. Of course, sometime that is good - more for me!

sd8683
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
anybody got a good Texas Red recipe?
No beans (I'm smelly enough - trust me on that one), no veggies, just meat, chilies and seasoning. I've been looking for a good recipe for a while, now. Guess I might have to make one up. Problem in my house is that I like things spicy, but CINCHOUSE doesn't. Of course, sometime that is good - more for me!

My grandmother makes chili like that, she calls it "chili con carney" she serves it with mashed potatoes, I absolutly love it, sorry, I don't know the recipe.

Pat
10-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Let's see if I can remember;

1 lb ground turkey
1 lb ground turkey sausage
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 tble spoon minced garlic
Brown well in cooking pot

add;
1 can green diced chili's
1 can finely diced tomatoe's
1 can tomatoe paste
1 can tomatoe soup
2 cups water

spices:
3 tble spoon chili powder
2 tea spoons salt
2 tea spoons black pepper
2 tble spoon cumin
2 tea spoons oregano
1 tea spoon cayenne pepper
2 pinches of sugar or sweetener

Simmer for several hours, add water and salt if needed.
adjust spices as desired, serve over pinto beans (cooked seperately)
or fried diced potatoes or refried beans.

Pat
10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
A while back, Frank, a member here from Indiana, was asked to substitute for a sick judge in the annual Texas Chili Cook Off in San Antonio.

Here are the score card notes from that event.....

CHILI #1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI
Judge #1 - a little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick
Judge #2 - Nice, smooth tomato flavor, very mild
Judge #3 (Frank) - Holy crap, what the hell is in this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI #2 - AUSTIN'S AFTERBURNER CHILI
Judge #1 - Smoky, with a hint of pork, slight jalapeno tang
Judge #2 - Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously
Judge #3 - Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlick maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI #3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI
Judge #1 - Excellent firehouse chili, great kick.
Judge #2 - A bit salty. good use of peppers.
Judge #3 - Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill.
My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now.
Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front of my chest. I'm getting pie faced from all this beer.

CHILI #4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC
Judge #1 - Black bean chili with almost no spice, disappointing.
Judge #2 - Hint of lime in the black beans, good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge #3 - I felt something sraping across my tongue, but was unablen to taste it.
Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beermaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300 pound woman is starting to look HOT....just like the nuclear waste I'm eating. Is Chili an Aphrodisiac?

Continued.....

Pat
10-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Continued:

CHILI#5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER
Judge #1 - Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground. Adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge #2 - Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomatoe. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
Judge #3 - My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage.
Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off.
It really tics me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Rednecks.

CHILI #6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY
Judge #1 - Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge #2 - The best yet. Aggressive use of pepper, onions and garlic. Superb.
Judge #3 - My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gasseous sulfuric flames. I crapped myself when I farted and I'm worried that it will eat through my chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally with the beer. Can't feels my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI #7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI
Judge #1 - A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge #2 - Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment.
I should note that I am worried about judge #3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge #3 - You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye.
And the world sounds like rushing water. My shirt is covered with chile, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth.
My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop
breathing it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air I'll just suck it through the 4 inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI #8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI
Judge #1 - The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare itself.
Judge #2 - This final entry is a good balance chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out and pulled the chili pot on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor fellow, wonder how he'd reactn to really hot chili.
Judge #3 - No report.

Credit to Brian J. Sherman, Library Associate, Noel Memorial Library, LSU, Shreveport.