PDA

View Full Version : Last call

Motorhead350
11-02-2008, 01:59 PM
This is the last time I'm going to ask. If anyone can help me with the motor mounts on the 65 Chevy let me know. I really don't want to pay $300 in the end for transport and labor of this. I know it can be done with an adjustment or two from someone with experience. I want to do this in the next few days. Let me know if you can help. I will provide all drinks and food. (Even beer or something harder if you request.)

Thank you.

Aren Jay
11-02-2008, 07:02 PM
What is harder than beer? Beer with Ice cubes, perchance. You should see English people freak out when you ask if you can have an Ice cube in your beer.

KillJoy
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
$300 is cheap.

I just paid that for the Exhaust on the Beater.

Get a cranial rectal inversion, and see it from everyone else's point of view.

:up:

KillJoy

TAKEDOWN
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Johnnie Walker Black Label!

cvpiftw
11-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Dom, I dont think I know that much bout this but im always up for givin someone a hand lol and help as much as I can.

KillJoy
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Dom, I dont think I know that much bout this but im always up for givin someone a hand lol and help as much as I can.

HA!

With you helping, the food and pop bill will be GREATER than $300!!!

:eek:

:rofl:

KillJoy

TAKEDOWN
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Dom, I'm an ASE certified flashlight holder... name your angle, B@bY!

cvpiftw
11-02-2008, 07:31 PM
HA!

With you helping, the food and pop bill will be GREATER than $300!!!

:eek:

:rofl:

KillJoyLMFAO
Nice one killjoy.

TAKEDOWN
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Ryan does look hungry Dom!

Haggis
11-03-2008, 04:52 AM
$300 is cheap.

I just paid that for the Exhaust on the Beater.

Get a cranial rectal inversion, and see it from everyone else's point of view.

:up:

KillJoy

Stevo tried this once and now it is permanently stuck there.

Wags
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Dom,

I would be happy to, but now, and 'til the end of the month, I'm working 7 days a week. Too much work right now, but better than no work. Did you get my pm's about the motor you are removing? If you are indeed swapping CHEVY SB's (not just GM blocks), the blocks, except for a few instances, are the same. Send me the numbers off the two blocks. What exactly is not lining up together, and how far off? I can be available in early December if needed. Post up some pics of what you are having problems with. Measure and compare the mounting points on both the blocks to see if they are the same (position and center to center). Do the mounts look like they have been modified? Depending on the age of the 305 (I think that you said this was what is going in), the tranny mounting holes might not be the same. What tranny is going on this? Again, as it has been said, sometimes these things take time. Time is very hard to find sometimes. It's not that people don't want to help, it's finding the time to help. I am very behind on my builds, but I know that they will get done, in time.......unless the wife shoots me before then.....

Wags

Motorhead350
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Pete I am sorry I keep forgetting to get the numbers. I was putting in a different tranny. The old one was a TH400 and the new one was a Turbo 350, now we put the old TH400 back onto the new 305. Someone told me if I change a tranny on a 305 from a TH350 to a TH400 that I need to change the torque converter and flywheel too, is this true?

Wags
11-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Dom,

The converters have a different bolt pattern. Many flexplates already are set up for this. See if you have two sets of holes for mounting the converter to the plate. If there are, than you are fine. If there is only one pattern of holes, then you will have to get a new plate. Also, the yoke on a 400 is larger than the 350. They both came in 3 tailshaft lengths, 6, 9, and 12", but the case on the 400 is longer. The crossmember location between the 350 and 400 is different because of the different case lengths.

bigmerc2003
11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
+1, post some info as to why nothing is lining up, maybe some pics? Chevy made most of the frame mounts the same for small and big blocks so the difference was in the motor mounts, do you have them for the truck? which are you using, hopefully not what was on the motor as they probably will not work.