PDA

View Full Version : Bob the Plumber

TAKEDOWN
11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Through this website I've met members, who are phenomenal! A couple days ago I started having problems. I would flush my toilet o the main floor, soon after water shot out and into my basement bathroom. To top things off, my bathroom floor underneath our toilet began to collapse. I called JustBob for advice, he stopped by and immediately fixed the problem without hesitation. Talk about a bailout!!! He wouldn't even accept $$$, but instead told me he was there as a friend, and just wanted to help out. HELP was what I needed, as most of you know I'm a ASE certified flashlight holder, and was clueless on some of the tool names Bob asked me to pass him. At the end of everything, I learned a couple of things, I got a level floor, and no leaks! I did force him to take some $$$, for all his hard work, and I'm glad he did, because I would have felt guilty if he didn't. Bob, I just wanted to let everyone know how awesome you are. Thanks again for your help!!! :beer:

Pops
11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice to know you have friends!

TiTo35
11-06-2008, 07:11 PM
So emotional man!!!! :D

justbob
11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Your too much Andrew! I just didn't want to see you have to pinch it off as you do the quickest dismount you've ever done in your life before the toilet ended up in the basement! This website certainately brings friends together for far more things than just cars.
Thank you for the kind words, the three meals i ate in the time i was there, the beers, the cash, and the flashlight holding!
Glad i could help you. Tell the family we will hang out soon. I'll bring the beer, you bring the women! LOL.

P.S. Mel says thanks for the gift.

Bluerauder
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

as most of you know I'm a ASE certified flashlight holder, and was clueless on some of the tool names Bob asked me to pass him.

That ^^^^ is some funny sh ...... Stuff. Yep, everyone that I have met through this site is absolutely top drawer and the friendliest folks you would ever want to meet. Thanks for the story.

TAKEDOWN
11-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey hey don't laugh too hard, Bluerauder!

SC Cheesehead
11-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Bob, you the MAN!

Motorhead350
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I am not shocked by any of this, we are all good people... to each other! :D

CBT
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Great story! Props to bob for helping. There is a reason plumbers charge what seems like an arm and a leg, it's a nasty job.
No tellin' how much he saved you.:beer:

offroadkarter
11-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice to know you have friends!

OOoooooo :D

TAKEDOWN
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Great story! Props to bob for helping. There is a reason plumbers charge what seems like an arm and a leg, it's a nasty job.
No tellin' how much he saved you.:beer:

Easily a couple thousand! Thanks Bob! :beer:

UncleLar
11-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Way to go justbob,you can cut in front of me in the hot dog line anytime.lol
Seriously though,it seems there are still a lot of really good people on here willing to help out when help is needed. takedown,justbob and Dom are 3 good examples just from the Windy City Chapter who embody the spirit of mm.net from the good old days.There are many more like them all over the country helping when they can however they can and they are what keeps us going.
Thanks to all!

chapel1
11-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Drew it 's amazing what a Marauder doe's to us,all of a sudden your in in a club you didn't join? You meet people would have never met because of a car. Your key card is your car and automatically your a life time member. Even after you sell the car, Ask Paul (Hack Golby) from Michigan. Mercurymarauder.net ties the string that brings all us car nuts together. This is one of the things I really love about this site.

Aren Jay
11-08-2008, 10:28 AM
If you ever need a philosophical answer to a philosophical problem. Ask away.