PDA

View Full Version : Holy,whathe,dayum!!

CBT
11-07-2008, 07:22 PM
WOW!! If this is real, it's pretty freakin' amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCbkBfdBrQ

Blk Mamba
11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I've watched some of that on TV lately, I like it.

sd8683
11-07-2008, 07:53 PM
That's gotta be fake

Blackened300a
11-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Fake totally fake! That was obviously CGI the last few seconds of the vid.

The camera couldnt follow him in a straight line that fast!

larryo340
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Ohhh so fake, when it "lands" and bounces it looks like a model plane. :shake:

justbob
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Would that stunt even be aeronautically possible in all the right conditions????

Marauderjack
11-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Fake!!!:shake:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/one-wing-plane-landing-video.shtml

Master
11-08-2008, 06:58 AM
My god, where to start? Some folks say this is a fake, but with very good editing and CGI. I would start my disagreement right here. The out-of-frame and blurred portions of this video are perfectly timed to allow edits - just like Hollywood has done so blatantly for decades when switching from the star of a movie to their stunt double. What is so "clever" about that?
Another is the guy who says "Boeing and other manufacturers test scale aircraft in wind tunnels because they behave just like the full size models", which of course is untrue. Reynolds numbers based upon surface conditions of scale vs full sized models are very different and as a result scale models in wind tunnels will have a different surface structure to allow the Reynolds numbers to be scaled accurately during testing. This "Bruce" guy also states that models are used because they behave the same as real planes. This is untrue on so many levels. Look at RC helicopters, for example, almost all of which can do loops endlessly. Until very recently, this was impossibility for full scale helicopters.
Another genius states "aerodynamically speaking, Lift is produced by a surface deflecting air downwards" which is so ignorant of physics it almost defies description. Is he passing himself off as an aeronautical engineer? I hope not! Lift IS produced by the accelerating of the air on one side of a wing relative to the other. The high speed air on the top of the wing produces a low pressure region above the wing thus creating lift. This idea that it is caused by "deflecting air downward" is precisely what kids making paper airplanes in first grade think.
The arguments for it being fake, in my opinion, are well founded and based upon good physics and even better observations. The arguments against are generally lame or ignorant such as those I've listed above.
Thanks for posting, though. Without the crappy editing this might have been a pretty entertaining piece of fiction.

CBT
11-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Well hell, even if it's fake i thought it was pretty impressive! There's video of an F-15 that flew with only one wing and safely landed, I'm positive that one is real.

Aren Jay
11-08-2008, 10:35 AM
There was an IDF pilot who landed an F15 after colliding with an F4 on a training exercise. Shore off 90% of one wing and landed safely. The F4 guy bailed out and the plane crashed.

There was a F18 (CF18) in Canada that a farmer found empty in his field. He called the local airforce guys to come turn it off. Turns out there was a problem and the pilot bailed out and the plane landed itself in the field.