PDA

View Full Version : still stumbling at start up.

justbob
11-14-2008, 10:44 PM
She pretty much does this now consistently when cold or allowed to cool down. Tonight leaving dinner (Thanks Takedown and familly!!!) the wifey went to start the car while i was talking to Drew and it would start.
So i get in allready knowing that it just needs an 1/8 throttle to start up and then feather the pedal for only a second and everythings fine.
I normally only need to feather the pedal after it starts. It usually fires right up and stumbles for a couple seconds and then comes to life or i just play with the pedal to get her to clear out faster.
But tonight when it started there was a crap load of blue smoke and the worst flooded smell but ran fine once cleared out. So what gives? Why does she seem to be choking herself out? This has been going on since last spring with no codes.

TAKEDOWN
11-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Tune? <--- remember that's from a non mechanic point of view. She/car heard you whisper about a trade, and got very upset at you.

justbob
11-14-2008, 10:51 PM
But your wife's Escalade is even a BIGGER SEXY than my little Rauder.

bigmerc2003
11-15-2008, 09:03 AM
bad injector? is it staying open after the key is off draining fuel into the motor? when the engine is still hot it may burn off from heat but when cold it just pools inthe cylinder?

da'law
11-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Bob,

Have you checked the IAC (Idle Air Control), sounds like the same problem I had with the da'wifes Explorer about a year ago, had the IAC replaced and that solved the problem.

justbob
11-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks Jeff, I was thinking this myself.