PDA

View Full Version : Please just grieve with me....

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 03:52 AM
My dog just went into the operating room at about 5:30 am in Chicago. :bigcry: Her stomach is twisted. We'll know what happens to her at 6:00 or 6:30. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y:
I'M ONLY 17 YEARS OLD AND I'VE NEVER HAD TO EXPERIENCE ANY DEATHS IN THE FAMILY AND I DON'T WANT TO START NOW!!!!
I want all that have read this post (member or non-member) to pray for her. Just hang on Emmie, hang on! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y:

RF Overlord
09-16-2003, 04:16 AM
LL#3:

I know all too well what it's like to lose both family members and beloved pets...my heart goes out to you, and I hope your dog makes it through... :(

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 04:17 AM
She's one of the family to me.

03SILVERSTREAK
09-16-2003, 04:42 AM
I Know what Its like to lose a Family Member . I Pray that everything turns out alright .

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 05:01 AM
She died on the operating table. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y:

RF Overlord
09-16-2003, 05:11 AM
I'm really sorry, man...there are no words that can make it better... :depress:

martyo
09-16-2003, 05:16 AM
LL#3: Our (mine and my two labs) thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

gja
09-16-2003, 05:35 AM
I am so sorry to read that Joe. You have lost a friend and family member. It is the single most difficult thing we do in life, to deal with death. Know that all of us on this site are with you in spirit.

Menace
09-16-2003, 05:45 AM
We are sorry to here of your loss being dog lovers ourselves it is an awful feeling to lose a beloved companion. I'm sure you provided her with a wonderful life and home which meant a lot to her. There is not much more you could have done for her.Again we are sorry, may she rest in peace.

Smokie
09-16-2003, 05:56 AM
We have a 16 year old Siberian Husky....she is family. Sorry for your lost.

Marauderer
09-16-2003, 06:01 AM
The passing of a beloved pet is such a hard thing to experience at any age or stage in life and my family grieves with you as we can feel the obvious pain in your posts. Please know that there are people out there thinking about you and that you and your beloved Emmie will be included in their hearts and prayers.

sailsmen
09-16-2003, 06:08 AM
I have had the unfortunate experience of finding a loved ones body.

Having said that one of the hardest things I have ever done was carrying my grandmothers German Shepherd to the vet to be put down. The dogs hips gave out and she couldn't get around.

You are in our thoughts!

dok
09-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Joe

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how attached we become to our pets. Since you are an Earnhardt fan, let me tell you a little story about my cat.

Our cat was named Turbo because as a kitten, he ran full speed everywhere. He was a completely black cat. Even at 15 years old, he would still run full speed through the house. My wife said we should paint a #3 on his side and call him Earnhardt. He died a couple of years ago on April 29th. April 29th was Dale Earnhardt's birthday.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 06:21 AM
I thank you all for your condolences. I just hope I can make it through the school day. :alone: :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y:

cyclone03
09-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Hang in there,the pain will pass.

Logan
09-16-2003, 06:33 AM
Ack!! My prayers are with you!!!

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 06:36 AM
Thank you Logan. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y:

MarauderSVT2003
09-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Prayers for your pup coming your way. I have a sheltie, and love her dearly. The best of luck to both of you.

O's Fan Rich
09-16-2003, 07:17 AM
Lost our dog to a car 6 months after moving to Pa from Baltimore, I was 7.
had a Golden for 17 years. Lost her, I was 24. Her daughter was hit by a car 2 years later.
It's hard to say that it's just an animal, and you'll get another. It's really not true.
Heck, i get upset when one of my fish dies.
Want to feel better? Go to the pound and rescue a nice dog ... or two.

Billatpro
09-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Sending our heart felt sympathies to LL3, the road of life is filled heartbreaks, stay the course as all things are healed by time!

Mark [N4OGL]
09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
LL#3:

I know what it's like to lose a pet or family member as well, and the grief that comes with that. Although I have no way of knowing exactly how you are feeling, I can only imagine and you have my deepest sympathies. Losing that kind of love is especially crushing.

Frankly, it $ucks, and I can hear your pain in your message.

One thing I can offer: Please try not to 'stuff' your grief, or it'll come out and bite you in the butt. Grief has a cycle (sadness - anger - guilt - reasoning) that repeats, and it's natural to go through all the stages. Don't try to take a shortcut - just let it flow. As Ghandi said: "The way out is through."

It still $ucks, but it's the way to healing.

If there's anything I can do to ease the pain, let me know.

Mark

JGaignat
09-16-2003, 08:00 AM
LL#3
You're in my thoughts and prayers. We lost our beloved "Cagney" our 14 year old Pomeranian in July. It's tough. I know what you're going through. I didn't think I was capable of crying as much as I did.
Hang in there.

DetGeno
09-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Even-though most of us are Big Macho-V8 Guys & Gals, I have two little dogs myself 6yo and 7yo so my heart and prayer goes out to ya. I know the day will come eventually, but I also know that all dogs goes to Heaven and some never leaves their owners side. This is by the Pet Pschic. So just to let you know that she is still around watching over you but a little peaceful now.

tetsu
09-16-2003, 09:12 AM
LL3,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :( Gastric torsion is a cruel stealer of lives. It's always a threat to our beloved large breed dogs.

I've gone through the passing of four dogs so far in my lifetime and it never gets easier.

I worry over my own 18 month old bullmastiff getting bloat all the time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Johnny

Fourth Horseman
09-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Damn, dude. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. :depress:

Ross
09-16-2003, 11:14 AM
LL#3, I'm glad to see that you are a big enough man to grieve publicly over someone or something you love. Don't ever outgrow that, and think that you have to be too tough or macho to show some love and feelings. I'm sorry for your loss, and I think I can guarantee that some of us will drink a toast to you and your beloved friend in Ennis.

cobraden4u
09-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Keep your head up buddy. I know this is tough for you, but you'll get throgh it. Prayers for you.

Long Live #3
09-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Thank you Ross. Thank you all. Every time I read your posts, I start to choke up inside, like I feel that I have to cry everytime I think of her, like I am right now. Again, thank you all.

UncleLar
09-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Joe,I tease you some here and there,but you're a good guy and I am sorry to hear you lost your best friend,and I kid not when I say best friend,no one will show show you the loyality and unconditional love that a dog will. I cried when I had to put my puppies down. Iron Duke was a HUGE 11 year old 235 pound Great Dane ,a loyal friend and gentle yet fierce protector of my family,later I had to put down Duke, a 10 year old 115 pound Great Dane,he was the smartest,quickest,lovingest Dane I've ever seen and a real character to boot. I miss them still and will never forget them. Go ahead and grieve, certainly no one here thinks the less of you for it,and before you know it a dog will cross your path that needs your love and you'll find you need it's love and you'll both find happiness in each other. Larry

Directedby
09-16-2003, 05:12 PM
It's a horrible feeling and I remember it well when my dog passed away on the table in my arms.

Hang in there dude.

merc406
09-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Sorry for your loss of a fine pet and family member. Celebrate all the good time's you and your family had with him or her.

nexstar7
09-16-2003, 06:51 PM
sorry about the loss, i had to put down my cat of 9 years. i had my head up my a$$ for about three weeks . it hurts alot . but you"ll be ok. wait a while for the next pet to reflect.

jgc61sr2002
09-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Joe - Sorry for your loss. Hang in there buddy, All of us on the site are thinking of you in our prayers..

CRUZTAKER
09-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Hang in there and be strong....I lost my friend of 8 years to a sudden heart attack in the living room on christmas eve. It still saddens me a great deal. But on the bright side, a new friend came into my life shortly there after, and has filled most of the void to the best of his crazy assed ability. We shall overcome.

-Barry

Long Live #3
09-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Make sure you guys propose a toast for me and Emmie in Ennis! BTW, I getting a new dog! Her name is Jersey, she's just like Emmie, without the personality. She's trained and house broken. The reason why the owner want's to get rid of her is because she won't hunt at all. I'll keep you all updated and I might post some pics of Emmie.

SheboyganGuy
09-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, LL. I lost my 14 year old chocolate lab in June, and it was rough going... The house was too quiet without her, so last month I got a yellow lab puppy. Now the house is too noisy, but I love it!

Congratulations on the new dog, she won't ever replace your Emmie, but I'm sure that once you get to know her, she'll have a place all her own in your heart!!

Good luck!!