PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

CBT
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I couldn't figure out why this guy was just standing there instead of running towards the car to see if the driver was okay, then I realized he WAS the driver!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sszoT9OGiv4

sd8683
11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Joe Walsh
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
When I watched that video, I thought:

"Where did that track official come from?"...and..."He is so lucky that the car didn't hit him!"

THEN I realized it was the DRIVER!!!!...:eek:

03blackvegas
11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
Boy, I need that guy to build me a totally unsafe car too, so I can take it down the quarter mile. I wonder how it passed tech.

CBT
11-18-2008, 06:50 PM
If you squint you can see the lucky horseshoe fly outta his butt.:D

justbob
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Another miracle from a higher power.

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Boy, I need that guy to build me a totally unsafe car too, so I can take it down the quarter mile. I wonder how it passed tech.

No shat!

Obviously no seatbelt restraints, and a 12.2 (guessing) dial in on the windshield.

You could hear him stay in the throttle way into the rear wag and through the point of breaking loose.

Duh....I'm no pro but when the rear gets wiggly by the eighth mile...I back out of it!

TAKEDOWN
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Lucky!!!!!

Mike
11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
When I watched that video, I thought:

"Where did that track official come from?"...and..."He is so lucky that the car didn't hit him!"

THEN I realized it was the DRIVER!!!!...:eek:

Thought the same thing..... lucky him!! Maybe he needs a few :beer: after that!!!

Blk Mamba
11-19-2008, 12:12 AM
WOW!!! I'd like to see that bigger, to see exactly when he came out of the car.

Bluerauder
11-19-2008, 04:59 AM
WOW!!! I'd like to see that bigger, to see exactly when he came out of the car.
Through the driver's side window on the 2nd roll as the car was about 18" off the ground (0:16 into the video). He was still sliding in the same direction as the car ... good thing it didn't come down on him on the 3rd roll.

"reck" = Wreck ???

He was still hard in the throttle as he went into the grass and then made the hard right toward the guard rail. Inexperience?? Poor reaction?? Stuck throttle?? He was already way outta shape at 0:09 in the video --- 4 seconds into the run -- yet stayed on the pedal for another 5 seconds --- Wow.

Marauderjack
11-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Wonder why he didn't get off da gas when he crossed into the other lane.....he was out of control from the start!!:eek:

Joe Walsh
11-19-2008, 05:55 AM
No shat!

Obviously no seatbelt restraints, and a 12.2 (guessing) dial in on the windshield.

You could hear him stay in the throttle way into the rear wag and through the point of breaking loose.
Duh....I'm no pro but when the rear gets wiggly by the eighth mile...I back out of it!

Wonder why he didn't get off da gas when he crossed into the other lane.....he was out of control from the start!!:eek:

YEP!
That guy was an idiot!
When she gets squirrelly....DON'T STAY WOT!!

ctrlraven
11-19-2008, 06:15 AM
If you squint you can see the lucky horseshoe fly outta his butt.:D
The fact that you watched it in slow-mo and zoomed in on his "rear" makes me wonder..... Better "out" then "in" I guess :lol:

CBT
11-19-2008, 01:40 PM
The fact that you watched it in slow-mo and zoomed in on his "rear" makes me wonder..... Better "out" then "in" I guess :lol:

It was either a horseshoe or..or,..a...long brown...butt trout. Either way, he got a ringer on that light post!

offroadkarter
11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
No shat!

The sound on the video was off, listen for the crash you can see when he flips, then like 10 seconds later "thud"

Still, if i crossed the line and swerved that bad i'd be lightly on the brakes until it straightens out, not swerving allover.

DOOM
11-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Looked like fun.

Bluerauder
11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Still, if i crossed the line and swerved that bad i'd be lightly on the brakes until it straightens out, not swerving allover.
Just letting off the gas would have helped immediately. Even lightly on the brakes would probably have brought the rear end around more quickly and started the wreck sooner. You will learn this with some more experience.