PDA

View Full Version : ID'ing vehicle owner question.

Leadfoot281
11-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Back in June I won my lawsuit against my worthless carreer criminal half-brother. Now that it's getting cold out, I'd like to haul him into court and take his car away.

The problem is this; I'd don't know for certain if the car that sits in front of his apartment is his or not.

He's got 5 DWI's and the car has "whiskey" plates. (In Minnesota they give chronic drunk drivers special plates that start with the letter "W" so cops can more closely watch them).

How can I go about determining if this is his car?

Mike Poore
11-20-2008, 05:41 AM
John, I'd find a friendly LEO and explain the situation, asking him to run the plate. Make sure he understands you have no intention of getting him involved in any way.

Otherwise, your attorney should be able to do it, but you understand, of course, he'll bill you at the customary hourly rate. :eek:

With luck, your worthless carreer criminal half-brother will throw his remaining possesions in the car and head for parts unknown, never to be seen again.

Haggis
11-20-2008, 05:46 AM
In maryland all you need is to take the plate numbers to the MVA and I believe $5 and they will tell you not only who owns the vehicle, but there address and phone number.

Marauderman
11-20-2008, 05:47 AM
John, I'd find a friendly LEO and explain the situation, asking him to run the plate. Make sure he understands you have no intention of getting him involved in any way.

....and don't forget the VIN # as well....just look for it around the windshield..........it should match the tags owner......or for sure tell the last registered owner....

n00bkiller944
11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Sit there an wait until he (or someone else) gets in it??

Master
11-20-2008, 07:52 PM
But that wouldn't mean it was his, just that he was driving it...

twin03
11-20-2008, 09:15 PM
It is all public info....................

Marauderjack
11-21-2008, 04:14 AM
http://reverse-licenseplate.com/trace/

TJCOX
11-21-2008, 04:20 AM
What make is it? M.m.?

Leadfoot281
11-21-2008, 06:53 AM
http://reverse-licenseplate.com/trace/

Awesome! That's what I was looking for.

I really don't want to get within 500 feet of him or his car. Seriously, this guy is a dangerous low life/dirt bag and he already owes me 100k.

I believe the car he's driving is a '93-'97 Mercury Cougar. If it turns out to be his I intend to take it from him in court and probably give it to charity.

It's in decent shape and is probably worth $2,000. He'll only owe me 98k after I get it. :D

If he skips town with everything he owns, I'll eat my hat. This is the only local state he's not currently wanted in.