PDA

View Full Version : Who has vinyl?

Motorhead350
11-22-2008, 01:49 AM
I am refering to vinyl records of course! Just wanted to know if anyone has a collection and if so what do you have?

I have a lot of Punk (Ramones, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Cramps, Queers, Riverdales, New York Dolls, Sex Pistols)

Rockabilly (Conway Twitty, Charlie Feathers, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Johnny Cash... mostly Country, Robert Gordon)

Rock N' Roll (Buddy Holly original 33 and 1/3rd from 1958, Link Wray, CHUCK BERRY, Little Richard first album... original, not fresh press... found it for $6!, Elvis Presley.. A Date With Elvis, Bo Diddley)

Tons of 45s thanks to Papa John. I found some of my favoites in there. Earth Angel, stuff by Dion and The Belmonts, Ritchie Valens, The Ventures, Sam Cooke, Eddie Cochran.

What else... The Rebels, The Fendermen, TONS OF DOO WOP, Bobby Darin, Paul Anka, Duane Eddy, Rosie and The Originals, a few SUN RECORDS, Johnny Rivers, The Beatles (early) The Kinks (early) Stompin' (pre-Rock n' Roll) Green Day, (just Kerplunk! and Dookie) Misfits, Freddy Boom Boom Cannon and much more!

What do you have? Are you selling anything that I might like?

TAKEDOWN
11-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Got some Elvis, Chuck Berry, some other 70's music leftover from my parents. I got some old rap music too LL Cool J, Run DMC etc. Wow, I'm getting old!

Motorhead350
11-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Oh ya I forgot about my Rap... Run D.M.C. and The Fat Boys, N.W.A. is on C.D.

Also I forgot about Suicidal Tendencies in my Punk section.

I forgot about The Beach Boys too, but I probably have more Chuck Berry than anything else on vinyl... love it!!!

Rocknthehawk
11-22-2008, 05:39 AM
I've got a ton of classic rock...mid/late 80's to mid 90's.

TONS of Aerosmith...probably like 25 or so albums. Many rare....
Just as many Hendrix albums.

If i listed every artist it would take me a week.

CRUZTAKER
11-22-2008, 07:07 AM
I have around 400 lp's of late 60's to early 80's rock and roll.

Everything from Wishbone Ash to Alice Cooper.

Pops
11-22-2008, 07:19 AM
As Dominic knows I have 4 to 5 thousand albums. Rock Jazz Bluegrass Country Classical and who knows what.

justbob
11-22-2008, 08:49 AM
I donated a few hundred to a local church. I was done with them.

Motorhead350
11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Let me know when you are ready to donate to me. :)

justbob
11-22-2008, 02:01 PM
2008 called, they said to start buying c.d.'s.

Motorhead350
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
2008 called, they said to start buying c.d.'s.

That's so 1988, it's all about digital downloading now! :o

Haggis
11-22-2008, 08:11 PM
What do you have? Are you selling anything that I might like?

Drive to Maryland and you can have all of my records for free.

CRUZTAKER
11-22-2008, 08:32 PM

That's so 1988, it's all about digital downloading now! :o

Yes indeed.

I own three iPods and and not a single cd player.

a_d_a_m
11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
i have an adequate amount of records, but i always want more.

mostly punk/garage rock stuff including some rare original pressings.
also have the first johnny cash LP on sun records, original press.

not to mention a bunch of 45s...

none of it's for sale.

Motorhead350
11-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Drive to Maryland and you can have all of my records for free.

Gordon, I'm going to take you up on that offer if you're serious. I think I want to bring my gun to and you can teach me a thing or two about it. Sounds like a great weekend!

Adam I think I have that same Johnny Cash record. Does it have Home Of The Blues on it with about five tracks on each side? As I recall Sun Records didn't release 33s... at first, it was a later thing to have Sun Records on 33s later, but they were still the original recordings. I am really lost on this. When I went to Sun Studio the people there didn't know either, if Sun released 33s when the music was brand new. :confused:

Today I was listening to a ton of vinyl while I was typing my 15 page report on the comeback of vinyl for college. I forgot how good some late 80's music actually sounded on vinyl.

larryo340
11-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Today I was listening to a ton of vinyl while I was typing my 15 page report on the comeback of vinyl for college. I forgot how good some late 80's music actually sounded on vinyl.

Why do I have a feeling you really mean typing as in typewriter.

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/fp-typewriter.jpg

TooManyFords
11-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Are my Pink Floyd bootlegs worth anything?

Motorhead350
11-23-2008, 12:34 PM

I believe they are, but it doesn't get my attention. Someone will want them, probably someone here too.

larryo340
11-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Bootlegs on vinyl, I haven't seen those before...cassette bootlegs yes.

Anything Floyd has to be good !

Haggis
11-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Gordon, I'm going to take you up on that offer if you're serious. I think I want to bring my gun to and you can teach me a thing or two about it. Sounds like a great weekend!

I will even give you my '80s record player if you want it and I can find it.

Motorhead350
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I will even give you my '80s record player if you want it and I can find it.

I will take it all off your hands. How many records do you have? Will this all fit in the Marauder or do I have to bring the old K5 Chevy?

I have a few bootleg vinyls. They are pretty easy to detect because you won't see credit for anything like a live bootleg VHS tape or something like that. I have a live Ramones bootleg and I think my Cramps album Songs The Lord Tought Us is a bootleg because the sides just say A and B as suppose to a track listing or credits for who wrote what.

Haggis
11-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I will take it all off your hands. How many records do you have? Will this all fit in the Marauder or do I have to bring the old K5 Chevy?

I have a few bootleg vinyls. They are pretty easy to detect because you won't see credit for anything like a live bootleg VHS tape or something like that. I have a live Ramones bootleg and I think my Cramps album Songs The Lord Tought Us is a bootleg because the sides just say A and B as suppose to a track listing or credits for who wrote what.

It will all fit in the trunk.

Motorhead350
11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Wooo hooo get ready for me!