PDA

View Full Version : I Thought I Saw it All Till Today

Cobra25
11-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Today I was going to take my Marauder out to bring my daughter too school, but the weather didn't look to good so I took my New Towncar. I dropped her off and went to the Bagle Shop for Breakfast . After I left the Bagle store I was traveling on Pines Blvd , I had a few Cars inhead of me . Next thing I know I see this Tennis ball in the air in front of me comeing right at my car. I was saying in my mind "what the heck" but it hit my car with a Load Bang. I was say to my self it didn't make sence so I pulled over and my front bumper was scratched up.:mad2: I looked back and found the Tennis ball , Someone filled the Tennis Ball with some kinda hard stuff , coated the outside of it with something and rolled it in what looked like sand. I Guess it's some kinda new thing someone though of to have fun. Lucky for them I didn't see which car it came out of. If it would of hit my window or one of the metal panels of the car it would of caused some damage. I Buffed out the bumper and it looks fine. I Just though I'd share this with you guys being it was so weard / strange thing.

Bigdogjim
11-24-2008, 07:55 AM
That sucks! Glad you were able to buff it out :mad:, good thing it missed the windshield.....

Joe Walsh
11-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I hope that another driver catches the jerk and jams the sand encrusted tennis ball up their backside!

TAKEDOWN
11-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank god it wasn't the MARAUDER.

BAD MERC
11-24-2008, 08:24 AM
It seems that people have so much fun expending time and effort into pranks that go - (drumroll please...........) anonymous!!!!!! If I devised something like that - I would want to be acknowledged for it.

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 08:25 AM
I would report it to the police and give them the tennis ball.

Cobra25
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I would report it to the police and give them the tennis ball. At the time I just picked the Tennis ball up with a piece of paper towel ( Being I didn't know what the sticky stuff was) and dropped it down the storm drain which was near by. I didn't want any one else to get any bright ideas. I knew at that time I most likely could buff it out and to wait for the Police for a 1/2 hour when their was only a little damage and I didn't see who did it didn't make sence to me at that time.

Cobra25
11-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Being they got away with it this time they most likely will do it again . Maybe the next person will catch them and teach them a thing or two.
I hope that another driver catches the jerk and jams the sand encrusted tennis ball up their backside!

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 01:19 PM
At the time I just picked the Tennis ball up with a piece of paper towel ( Being I didn't know what the sticky stuff was) and dropped it down the storm drain which was near by. I didn't want any one else to get any bright ideas. I knew at that time I most likely could buff it out and to wait for the Police for a 1/2 hour when their was only a little damage and I didn't see who did it didn't make sence to me at that time.
I would still report it, with or without the ball, so they have a record of the incident. Very odd.

the_pack_rat
11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
That sucks Zoltan.

I agree it should still be reported.

I'm sure you're not the first they did this to, & you certainly won't be the last.

Back in the area where I grew up most of my life, kids liked to toss stuff from the overpasses down onto the Rt 1 freeway in Trenton.
(I'm sure BigDogJim can vouch for that)

It even caused some accidents IIRC.

Bastiches.

:mad:

WPG_Merc
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
A simmular thing happened to me last fall when kid's throwing concrete chunks at car's hit the MM causing $700 damage.I had to pay the $200 Deductible (http://wzus.ask.com/r?t=p&d=us&s=a&c=a&l=dis&o=101442&sv=0a300526&ip=ce2da490&id=5721ED447FDB4F8F67C26C095F0 264D2&q=deductible&p=1&qs=19&ac=24&g=600925y2Nmnjdh&en=sx&io=0&ep=&eo=&b=a001&bc=&br=&tp=d&ec=1&pt=Deductible%20-%20Wikipedia%2C%20the%20free%2 0encyclopedia&ex=tsrc%3DRFE&url=&u=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductible) but was still a pain to do the police & insurance claim. :mad2:

Cobra25
11-25-2008, 04:43 AM
I'll stop by the Station and speak to them.

burt ragio
11-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Wasted youth, It is ashame what a small pecentage of people find entertaining. If only that energy could be generated in a constructive manner. I have always felt what goes around comes around.