PDA

View Full Version : I'm gone

Motorhead350
11-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I don't know if I'll be back. I am not getting into details. If anyone needs anything feel free to call. Those who I have plans with I'm still going foward with them. This might be a breath of fresh air to a lot of people. Well have a good one and drive it like you rented it!

Drewstang
11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Um, did I miss something Dom?

Loco1234
11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Odd..........

Egon Spengler
11-24-2008, 09:05 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Needs-moar-drama.jpg

TAKEDOWN
11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Dom, what the hell are you up to?

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I"ll respond to this. I asked Dom, politely, to slow down the frequency of off-topic threads that fill the Lounge. He responded to my PM and before I had a chance to respond back, he posts this thread. He's certainly right in the fact that he keeps away from certain topics. When he reads my last PM response, he'll see that I suggested he'd be a great blogger. He should start one! Dom, you are a friend and I certainly didn't ask you to leave.

Oh, and Zack would say "take a Midol." ;)

:bunny:

rayjay
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Hissy fits are never pretty...

TAKEDOWN
11-24-2008, 09:14 AM
He'll be back, I'm sure his feelings are just hurt. I do find Dom & his topics entertaining.

KillJoy
11-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't know if I'll be back. I am not getting into details. If anyone needs anything feel free to call. Those who I have plans with I'm still going foward with them. This might be a breath of fresh air to a lot of people. Well have a good one and drive it like you rented it!

:party::party::party::party:

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 09:36 AM
wow.... just wow

Zack
11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
See ya Dom.

Maybe you can catch up on your showering regimen now that you will have free time. :up:

Hotrauder
11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I"ll respond to this. I asked Dom, politely, to slow down the frequency of off-topic threads that fill the Lounge. He responded to my PM and before I had a chance to respond back, he posts this thread. He's certainly right in the fact that he keeps away from certain topics. When he reads my last PM response, he'll see that I suggested he'd be a great blogger. He should start one! Dom, you are a friend and I certainly didn't ask you to leave.

Oh, and Zack would say "take a Midol." ;)

:bunny:

waskally wabbit, why does it matter how much he posts...if he had no responses he would quit. Some one, not me, but someone or someones were interested and a lot of his posts seemed to hang around for a long time indicating that he was connecting with other members. Heck, participation has always been correctly encouraged. Just curious? Dennis

Zack
11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Once again, the mods cant win.

I think Mary did the right thing.

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
bandwidth..... bandwidth.... bandwidth.....

storage space....storage space....storage space....

costs money... costs money.... costs money....

duhtroll
11-24-2008, 09:56 AM

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 10:05 AM
bandwidth..... bandwidth.... bandwidth.....

storage space....storage space....storage space....

costs money... costs money.... costs money....

Speaking of Blogs, I'm seriously thinking about integrating a blog feature on the website. More details to come. Depending on the usergroup controls, it'll most likely be available for all to post, but only Supporting Members will be able to create their own blog.....

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Speaking of Blogs, I'm seriously thinking about integrating a blog feature on the website. More details to come. Depending on the usergroup controls, it'll most likely be available for all to post, but only Supporting Members will be able to create their own blog.....

Hey.. the picture of Sarah "The Hottie" does not show up in the quote!

Dang she's a good looking woman.......

oh... sounds like a good idea, Mary.

TooManyFords
11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Sweet, I call dibs on the "RANTS" blog!

:P

KillJoy
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM

Will that be easy to manage? Will it have all of the same spelling and content censors that the Forum does? How many would really want to read a Blog on MM.net about non-MM.net stuff?

I think it would be more of a headache than anything else. But, that is just MY opinion. :rolleyes:

KillJoy

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Man if we are telling people to slow down off topic threads I could name at least one other that needs to be nuetered.....

Vortex
11-24-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.oodora.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/butthead-butt-head.jpg (http://www.oodora.com/celebrity-gossip/tate-donovan-vs-butt-head.html/buttheads-secret-twin/)

ADIOS!
http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif

Zack
11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Man if we are telling people to slow down off topic threads I could name at least one other that needs to be nuetered.....

The Smallville guy? :D

Egon Spengler
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
http://photos4.flickr.com/4164145_7e599b780d.jpg

Pops
11-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I forgot to take my Vikadon! Now all is better!

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
:poke: Well I don't like to point fingers....

The Smallville guy? :D

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
waskally wabbit, why does it matter how much he posts...if he had no responses he would quit. Some one, not me, but someone or someones were interested and a lot of his posts seemed to hang around for a long time indicating that he was connecting with other members. Heck, participation has always been correctly encouraged. Just curious? Dennis
I'm very intrigued that you responded. He'll be glad to know you're watching out for him.

Blk Mamba
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
I think that all of this is a hi-jacked thread, has nothing to do with the original post.

KillJoy
11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Uhhh.... The Attenion Whore made a post wanting attention. He is getting it. I think it is right on track.

:dunno:

KillJoy

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 11:00 AM
I think that all of this is a hi-jacked thread, has nothing to do with the original post.

SOMALIA!!!!!

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/12/jolly_rogers.jpg

Joe Walsh
11-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey,
If you are going to hijack something, you might as well hijack something of value....like an Oil Tanker!

Bradley G
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
That's all it took? :lol:

RR|Suki
11-24-2008, 12:06 PM
seriously...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/kamikaze_puppy/DramaLlama.jpg

TiTo35
11-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Diabolical gets a new name...Dom gets a warning...:rofl:

Interesting...:rolleyes:

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Well we have to keep him around... since we are "watching" him. I personally am looking forward to a new thread about how a he found a cornflake that looks just like a superman symbol from smallville.

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 12:30 PM

He got a new name?

who the heck is he now?

TiTo35
11-24-2008, 12:55 PM
He got a new name?

who the heck is he now?

"Aren Jay" I believe thats it...

fairlane347
11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Good riddens! If he comes back on with a new name, "hypocrite":bs:
I check in here much less because of that crap!!!

Egon Spengler
11-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Diabolical has a new name? What is it?

MM03MOK
11-24-2008, 01:22 PM
He got a new name?

who the heck is he now?

Diabolical has a new name? What is it?

"Aren Jay" I believe thats it...
^^^^^^^^^^

CBT
11-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Bummer, his posts were intertaining, if for nothing else the responses people threw back. Guess I should take a little time and reflect on the crap I post.

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 01:54 PM
You know.. I think in a time of loss like this we should all go back and reflect on the crap we all post. This should make us think before we post stupid garbage on the different forums here or some crap like that. WE should ask ourselves is what I am posting good for the forum and society as a whole? :rolleyes:

O's Fan Rich
11-24-2008, 02:00 PM
You know.. I think in a time of loss like this we should all go back and reflect on the crap we all post. This should make us think before we post stupid garbage on the different forums here or some crap like that. WE should ask ourselves is what I am posting good for the forum and society as a whole? :rolleyes:

http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/47/lolcatsdotcomybm01ouxh3i8xa0q. jpg

DTRMiguel
11-24-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/47/lolcatsdotcomybm01ouxh3i8xa0q. jpg

:lol::D Rich and Hackle are funny

BODYMAN
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Uhhh.... The Attenion Whore made a post wanting attention. He is getting it. I think it is right on track.

KillJoy

The truth speaks for itself:beer:

Zack
11-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Another Chicago member gone.

..must be the water :eek:

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 02:18 PM
So if they leave the board do they have to sell their cars? I think that should be the new rule that we arbitrarily impose on people here. That and funny hat day, or maybe hawaiian shirt day (no offense Localboy).

knine
11-24-2008, 02:39 PM
So if they leave the board do they have to sell their cars? I think that should be the new rule that we arbitrarily impose on people here. That and funny hat day, or maybe hawaiian shirt day (no offense Localboy).
That, and if you sell your car....well, it's been nice knowing you Killjoy. :P

n00bkiller944
11-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Hope you decide to come back Dom, I always enjoyed your posts. P.S. You owe me pics of the K5...

Hotrauder
11-24-2008, 03:31 PM

Hack, are you drinking?:toast::beer:. I leave community betterment work to the Red Cross and President elect Obama..I post what makes me laugh. I go to church for the rest. :lol: Stupid posts stop and this will be a very barren place. LOL Dennis

Hacklemerc
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I had been leaving the posting of crazy stuff to Dom. Now that he is gone I just don't know what I'll do. Bring back the Dominator!!

Lets stage a sit in....

PS I have been drinking... and it is good.:beer:

Hotrauder
11-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm very intrigued that you responded. He'll be glad to know you're watching out for him.

Holy Christmas cookies!:eek: I have been very busy ignoring MeatHead350 for so long..I just did a comprehensive run through the threads and I withdraw the guestion, Mary. I think the blog suggestiojn is a great one. Please don't link to it or give us the keys. Thanks Dennis:D

TAKEDOWN
11-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Yep, I think we all could handle a couple of them, just a couple though! Come on back Dom, "Don't cry, dry your eyes!" -2pac Shakur-

Blackened300a
11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Trash the blog idea. Its a car forum, there are plenty of sites for people to type out babbling nonsense. :puke:

I hope the warning also went out to the other forum virus from Canada. :flamer:

03calitejas
11-24-2008, 03:57 PM
good for society? omg...we all drive luxury yachts with seriously wicked mills and then most of us do heeps of mods to them which eat more gas, make more noise and in some cases, break a bunch of speed laws on a pretty regular basis....I know there are more than a few LEO's in here that I'm certain drive under the posted speed limits (yeah right) but ferchrissake people- if you don't like oddball posts just dont respond to them.

I like the idea of a link to a weirdsville blog written by brother and sister MM pilots.

so there...and I still think that Impala Slayer outta get a better pic of his car that doesnt look mary kay pink- but thats just me

justbob
11-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I shall miss the Dominator's stories, most of them.

CBT
11-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Bummer, his posts were intertaining, if for nothing else the responses people threw back. Guess I should take a little time and reflect on the crap I post.

HA! I spelled entertaining wrong. Wait, is it too soon for stupid? Are we still in the healing phase? My bad.:(
Okay I have to change my avitar now, knine's funny face is getting old.:P

CRUZTAKER
11-24-2008, 06:43 PM
I forgot to take my Vikadon! Now all is better!

Better check the label John....:P

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/216spiffy/vicodin006.jpg

CRUZTAKER
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't know if I'll be back......

http://www.lolpix.com/_pics/Funny_Pictures_290/Funny_Pictures_29017.jpg

TAKEDOWN
11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I enjoy this website and all its members. I'm a second generation MM owner and when hanging out I look forward to hearing from everyone. Like many, there's the Zack attack, me harassing justbob, listening to Uncle Lar's experience and advice, time travel/warp speed pictures from Oldekid & Reba, what's the next attached chrome piece from Doom & the CAM guys, hearing from Local boy's perfect car, weather, and getting cuddled by his Samoan friends, Embassy w/pics of Marby, reading Diabolical aka Aren Jay's posts/threads & thinkn' to myself "What the F***?" while laughing at Dom's nonsense. Just a few examples from the many members I've encountered with. I enjoy every minute and bandwidth of it. We don't necessarily have to agree, but it's the different personalities, interests, conversation on & off topic/s that make this website fun. <-- My opinion! I can only assume you were politely asked Dom, hopefully you'll lick your wounds and come on back soon! We all need a little DOMination!

Darkside
11-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Amazing, my unread threads have dropped 33%.

CBT
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
I come here for the entertainment AND useful info. Just yesterday I looked up how to fix my gauge lights. Now, granted, I could have started a "Please God someone help me with my gauges" thread, but that would have resulted in about 3 directly helpful answers, 8 "read THIS thread" replys, 87 views, and no telling how many insults/putdowns from folks I actually like for even asking in the first place. I come here because people I've met and talked to and e-mailed make it hard to stay away. I come here because knine's replys to almost everything make me bust out laughing. I come here because just seeing the "Flying Haggis" picture STILL makes me chuckle, and I still enjoy seeing pictures of what Mercs car looks like this season, and what crazy avitar he is using lately. And reading about V-10's some foo is stuffing into a DPB, and who's in the 10's at the track. Shoot, I couldn't name all the people or reasons I came back after a self imposed exile, but I'm glad I did. I've picked up useful info from this site that don't even come remotely close to dealing with Marauders, stuff like law enforcement topics, lawyer advice, travel advice, how to build a deck advice, trivia, history lessons from people who were 'there', political insight, you name it, it's been covered here, and for the most part, most of what's written is allowed to fly unless it's just back and forth personal insults so I don't know why Dom punched out.

knine
11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I come here for Dom punched out. ^^^ There, it's an easier read for those of us not on prescription psychotropics. I just eliminated 1,500 words in the middle. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, a bit of editing was in order..........

I come here for the entertainment to scare the hell out of us with my cat attack stories AND useful info. Just yesterday I looked up how to fix my gauge lights. Now, granted, I could have started a "Please God someone help me with my gauges" thread, but that would have resulted in about 3 directly helpful answers, 15 sarcastic answers, 2 pieces of advice of what I can do with my cat, 8 "read THIS thread" replys, 87 views, Killjoy responding with "search is your friend" and no telling how many insults/putdowns from folks I actually like for even asking in the first place. I come here because people I've met and talked to and e-mailed make it hard to stay away. I come here because I've got lotsa time on my hands at work. I come here because knine's replys to almost everything make me bust out laughing. (he's still stalking me folks--knine) I come here because just seeing the "Flying Haggis" picture STILL makes me chuckle, and I still enjoy seeing pictures of what Mercs car looks like this season, and what crazy avitar he is using lately, speaking of avitar, I have one with knine's dog driving his BLUE. And reading about V-10's some foo is stuffing into a DPB, (yes, I really meant Deep Pearl BLACK, that's what DPB means, right?) and who's in the 10's at the track. Shoot, I couldn't name all the people or reasons I came back after a self imposed exile, but I'm glad I did TRUTH ALERT: IT TOOK MONTHS OF PRODING TO GET HIM BACK, IT WAS THE POKING THAT MADE HIM GIVE-IN.. I've picked up useful info from this site that don't even come remotely close to dealing with Marauders, stuff like law enforcement topics, lawyer advice, travel advice, how to build a deck advice, HOW TO OBTAIN A ORDER OF PROTECTION, trivia, history lessons from people who were 'there' (I especially likes the first hand account of the Titanic sinking), political insight, you name it, it's been covered here, and for the most part, most of what's written is allowed to fly unless it's just back and forth personal insults so I don't know why Dom punched out. But mostly I come here because I FAIL. So if you don't come back really, really soon Dom, the kitty gets it.

Zack
11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
:rofl:

everyone should have a knine in their backyard

KillJoy
11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I keep one in the Basement w/ a Ballgag...... does that count?

KillJoy

Blackmobile
11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
I keep one in the Basement w/ a Ballgag...... does that count?

KillJoy

Let's try not to get too kinky here....:pimp:

KillJoy
11-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Let's try not to get too kinky here....:pimp:

Huh?

Just a Jack Russel Terrier that won't stop barking or chewing on stuff.

Why... what were you thinking?

KillJoy

Blackmobile
11-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Huh?

Just a Jack Russel Terrier that won't stop barking or chewing on stuff.

Why... what were you thinking?

KillJoy

LOL

:rolleyes: Nevermind.......:poke: I know nothing!

sd8683
11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh I see Steve, the jack russel terrier keeps the gimp company:)

Mike Poore
11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Guess I should take a little time and reflect on the crap I post.

Don't you dare quit posting that insanity. Your stuff has me on the floor, all the time, and I always check to see if you've posted. You and Tom Doan ... our literary giants. Dan (DWASSON) was another of my favorites, but alas, he's been kidnapped.

I had even thought of and talked about starting a writer's corner, but there wasn't enough interest, mostly, I guess, due to lack of contributers.

I'm sorry Dom took Mary's friendly reminder the wrong way, but he makes his bed, and if he chooses to turn his back on family (we are y'know) it's his choice. Hopefully, he'll get over himself, one of these days.

Vortech347
11-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Every club needs its post whore.

KillJoy
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Every club needs its post whore.

We have a Bluerauder.

KillJoy

Ken
11-25-2008, 05:22 PM
We have a Bluerauder.

KillJoy:rofl:

Ken

Zack
11-25-2008, 06:19 PM
We should close this thread, so it doesnt take up bandwith... like Dom's posts did :eek:

Black_Noise
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
most of us are 9k + post behind bluerauder

nomad
11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm gone.
Were you ever really here? Hmm

O's Fan Rich
11-25-2008, 07:53 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/420366372_093349e77a.jpg?v=0

Aren Jay
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM

OneBADLsE
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
If a dom falls in the forum and nobody see's did he really ...

:help::help::help::help::help: :help::confused::confused::con fused::confused::confused::con fused:

Marauder386
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
If a dom falls in the forum and nobody see's did he really ...

If a Dom falls in the forum and no one is there to hear it, does the Dom make a noise ?

... there, fixed it ...

:cool4:

OneBADLsE
11-25-2008, 08:23 PM
If a Dom falls in the forum and no one is there to hear it, does the Dom make a noise ?

... there, fixed it ...

:cool4:

OHHHHH!!! I guess that was Canuk for the joke at hand :cool4:

Vortech347
11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
He'll be back. Its just a cry for attention. "Screw you guys.... I'm going home..."

twin03
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
You will be back...................

Darkside
11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
He'll be back. Its just a cry for attention. "Screw you guys.... I'm going home..."

You have to love Cartman.

CRUZTAKER
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
You have to love Cartman.

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2007/08/cartman.jpg

Raudermaster
11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD FOR YOU.

http://www.threesources.com/archives/1002_thaaannks.jpg

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAANKS.

TiTo35
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
6 pages of "wasted" bandwidth....AMAZING...:D

Motorhead350
11-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Berry I forgot how cute you can be!

When do the baby teeth come out?

KillJoy
11-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Berry I forgot how cute you can be!

When do the baby teeth come out?

Proof of fail!

KillJoy

Ms. Denmark
11-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I held my breath until you came back. More than 2 minutes .............................. ..........................and I would have been a goner myself.;)

Motorhead350
11-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Proof of fail!

KillJoy

Looks like saying the word fail is hip now! :rolleyes:

Vortech347
11-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Darkside, Cruz, Rauder...

THATS what I'm talkin about!! :)

duhtroll
11-28-2008, 08:19 AM
So did this Motorhead guy leave yet?

O's Fan Rich
11-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Looks like saying the word fail is hip now! :rolleyes:

It is?

Fail!!!

Then I am Super Hip now!!!:banana:

Motorhead350
11-28-2008, 12:27 PM
So did this Motorhead guy leave yet?

Yes, I am not here.

TAKEDOWN
11-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Look crazy is back!

justbob
11-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Meow we all can get back to normal.

duhtroll
11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Good, I was tired of his crap. :P

Yes, I am not here.

Eric-Blk2004
11-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Problem with all web communities focused around a narrow topic. Some people need to understand that after 4+ years the community has -shockingly- grown. People develop friendships or enemies. People start getting comfortable and talking about more topics instead of just a car. Other people respond.

As time progresses this board will become more of a sounding board/blog with a common theme of shared interest in a car. It is impossible to restrict and censor this behavior when it will continue to occur as it is the nature of all online communities.

This site has simply grown into a large click of friends who post related and unrelated topics of interest. Either why chili blows up in the micro or how to change your oil. You take both sides if you want an actual community.

If you wanted a strict Marauder topic site, just make a how-to.

CBT
11-28-2008, 08:14 PM
people start getting comfortable and talking about more topics instead of just a car. other people respond.

say car ramrod!!!

Haggis
11-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Meow we all can get back to normal.

What is 'normal'?

nomad
11-29-2008, 06:44 AM
What is 'normal'?
http://www.npd.org/