PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge bound

CRUZTAKER
11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Ahh the ever changing world of Telecom...and demand.

My former thread in regards to chasing work in the lower Georgia area fell through.

Soooo how's the weather in Boston this time of year. :rolleyes::D
Like I don't know. ;):snowman:

Driving there from here (and getting back) should be a real pleasure this time of year.

sd8683
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
How long are you gonna be in town Barry?

MM03MOK
11-25-2008, 10:14 PM
We're a little over an hour away. We'll certainly plan to get together. Lots of great places to eat and explore. Bring the camera.

CRUZTAKER
11-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Dec. 1-18 and perhaps after the New Year.

I am dreading Syracuse and Buffalo this time of year.
Hell, we got nearly a foot of lake effect here today.

CRUZTAKER
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
We're a little over an hour away. We'll certainly plan to get together. Lots of great places to eat and explore. Bring the camera.

I get weary bringing some of my higher end tools while on the road working. The Nikon won't see that enviroment. :(

MM03MOK
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Paul Casey will be in Worcester. I'm suggesting we pick Saturday, Dec. 13 as a date and we can work out the location. Are you staying in Cambridge or just outside the city?

hot-rauder
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Barry, there are so many MMs around boston i cant see why we couldnt get a small meet together

CRUZTAKER
11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Barry, there are so many MMs around boston i cant see why we couldnt get a small meet together

Sure, as long as cars don't matter. I need to Focus.

Paul Casey will be in Worcester. I'm suggesting we pick Saturday, Dec. 13 as a date and we can work out the location. Are you staying in Cambridge or just outside the city?

I am looking at staying in an Extended Stay somewhere near Boston/Cambridge. Waltham is the closest. I need to work the details out with my co-worker. We're gonna share a suite.

We are working at the AT&T office on Bent Street downtown.

Rocknthehawk
11-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Sure, as long as cars don't matter. I need to Focus.

I am looking at staying in an Extended Stay somewhere near Boston/Cambridge. Waltham is the closest. I need to work the details out with my co-worker. We're gonna share a suite.

We are working at the AT&T office on Bent Street downtown.

Waltham is not far from most of us...

I'd love to get a meet together.

Pick a date and place and i will do what i can to make it.

Don't worry about the "cars" being the "focus" :P I make most of the meets, and I obviously don't own a MM.

and as of right now *knock on wood* it hasn't gotten too bad here yet.

sd8683
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Waltham is not far from most of us...

I'd love to get a meet together.

Pick a date and place and i will do what i can to make it.

Don't worry about the "cars" being the "focus" :P I make most of the meets, and I obviously don't own a MM.

and as of right now *knock on wood* it hasn't gotten too bad here yet.

Waltham would be perfect, it is central to most of us, hmmmm is'nt there a chateau in waltham?

CRUZTAKER
11-30-2008, 05:05 AM
Well I'm hitting the road this morning...should be 9.5 to 10 hours to Mass. turnpike exit 8 for the first stop!

:burnout:

Rocknthehawk
11-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Well I'm hitting the road this morning...should be 9.5 to 10 hours to Mass. turnpike exit 8 for the first stop!

:burnout:

Post up if you've got some free time! I know Adam (hot-rauder) and I would love to hang out.

MM03MOK
11-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Safe Travels, Bear!

bob6364
11-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Oh man bad day to be traveling to New England... watch out for those other drivers... Seeing that I'm from Connecticut I could have used my favorite Massachusetts driver terminology, but there are more of them to me so i'll be quiet :D:rolleyes::D

hot-rauder
11-30-2008, 12:41 PM
shoot away Bob, us Mass-holes can take it. we do drive like idiots, but in Conn. they drive like time is about to stop so they need to get there NOW without slowing down. lol

bob6364
11-30-2008, 01:05 PM
We who live in Lower-Taxechusetts do not know where the brake pedal is I give you that....:D Actually out of my 10 closest friends 6 are displaced Mass-holes living in South Eastern,CT they are the nicest people on the face of the earth until they get behind the wheel then they stop for green lights, go threw red ones ,go straight on left turn only lanes and my favorite, go into clearly marked Exit only driveways at DD and McD's and all of them laugh when I bring it up...:rolleyes:

Rocknthehawk
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
We who live in Lower-Taxechusetts do not know where the brake pedal is I give you that....:D Actually out of my 10 closest friends 6 are displaced Mass-holes living in South Eastern,CT they are the nicest people on the face of the earth until they get behind the wheel then they stop for green lights, go threw red ones ,go straight on left turn only lanes and my favorite, go into clearly marked Exit only driveways at DD and McD's and all of them laugh when I bring it up...:rolleyes:

I'll agree...
BUT

Driving through Hartford is like the Indy 500. When I am going 80 in the SLOW lane...that's serious business.

CRUZTAKER
12-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I arrived safely last night around 7pm.

I actually made the drive in 9 hours, but when I got on the Masspike I hit a traffic jam. It took me nearly 2 hours to get 14 miles to the exit 13 rest area. I stopped and then proceeded to exit 8 rest area and camped for the night.

This morning's travel into Cambridge was uneventfull and only took 25 minutes or so.

You folks are funny calling each other mass-holes.:P
Other than some really wacky driving habits, everyone has been really polite and helpfull. I like this city already! :up:

Rocknthehawk
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
So how are you enjoying it Barry?

It seems you picked a good time (weather wise)!!!

MM03MOK
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
We know it as the People's Republic of Cambridge. I don't know where AT&T's CO is. It's a pretty cool city. If you're in Harvard Square, stop by Out Of Town newsstand, which has been an institution forever and will be closing shortly. Lots of great restaurants and clubs in Cambridge. Lots of ethnic foods. Waltham also has its share of ethnic restaurants on Moody St. My best friend lives in Waltham. I bought my first used Nikon in 1979 in Waltham! Are you taking Rte 128N to Rte 2 into Cambridge?

sd8683
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Go to Anna's taqeria in porter square, yum yum

hot-rauder
12-03-2008, 03:06 PM
waltham and cambridge are both nice, but pricey if you ask me.... go more west and get better deals

CRUZTAKER
12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
The site, former Cingular Wireless, now ATT wireless, is on Bent street.

http://www.google.com/mapdata?CxXHeIYCHZhdw_sgIQwtx3 iGAjWYXcP7OOASQLACSJwBUgJVU2gB ygECZW4 (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=169+bent+street+cambrid ge&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

Out hotel (Homestead Suites) in Waltham is on 4th near I95.

http://www.google.com/mapdata?CxXE4oYCHRS0wPsgIQwtxO KGAjUUtMD7OOASQLACSJwBUgJVU2gB ygECZW4 (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=54+west+4th+street+walt ham&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image)

I met more nice people here today.
I am really glad to see so many friendly and helpfull people here.

Nice area indeed.

hot-rauder
12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
wow, Barry must have found a secret nice spot.... all i usually here is how big of a-holes everyone is....

CRUZTAKER
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I am thinking of catching the Bruins / Thrashers game Saturday night the 12th.

Just trying to make heads or tails of the seating plan at the Garden and there are only like 600 tickets left.

Wow that place seats 17.5 for Hockey!

MM03MOK
12-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Friday is the 12th. Is 17.5K large or small? Celtics play there too, along with concert, the circus, etc.

sd8683
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I am thinking of catching the Bruins / Thrashers game Saturday night the 12th.

Just trying to make heads or tails of the seating plan at the Garden and there are only like 600 tickets left.

Wow that place seats 17.5 for Hockey!

Small world Barry, I'm going to that game, we should grab some food or something in the North end before the game:up:

CRUZTAKER
12-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Cool man!

We have seats on the glass adjacent the goal. :cool: